The sacred institution of marriage... - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 AM   #121
Refugee

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Individuals that this happens too? The ones that aren't huring anybody by their sexual kink that would want recognition?

Since they are not violating the rights or liberties of others then there is no good cause to not sanction them.

I was simply stating that any law on the issue of marriage should deal with any and all contingencies no matter how rare or remote.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #122
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

You may want to ask the poster before assuming.
I should, just as some people in here should ask before labling one a bigot who is opposed to gay marriage.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 AM   #123
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:47 AM
And that attitude strikes me as an intent to cloud the issue with red tape, having to completely rewrite the books just to allow same sex couples to get legal recognition.

Do you think that gay marriage should be allowed? what about incestuous homosexual marriage?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #124
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Maoilbheannacht

I should, just as some people in here should ask before labling one a bigot who is opposed to gay marriage.
Ok then you tell me one logical reason why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed.

One that isn't based on not liking homosexuality.

No one has. Not one person.

As soon as someone does, then I'll stop using the word bigot.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #125
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
And that attitude strikes me as an intent to cloud the issue with red tape, having to completely rewrite the books just to allow same sex couples to get legal recognition.

Do you think that gay marriage should be allowed? what about incestuous homosexual marriage?
It seems it would be easier to settle the entire issue if all these questions were answered at once. If the legal definition of marriage is going to be redifined, why only write the law to deal with one more type of marriage? Shouldn't the law be written to deal with every contingency? What happens when the issue does come up? Can you deny someone the legal right of marriage just because their form of marriage is exceedingly rare?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life

If they are not infringing upon the rights or liberties of the other party or other people then no!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #127
Refugee

Quote:

Ok then you tell me one logical reason why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed.

One that isn't based on not liking homosexuality.

No one has. Not one person.

As soon as someone does, then I'll stop using the word bigot.
I've never stated that I was against gay marriage or homosexuality. How can you state that someone is a bigot because they asked questions about who has the legal right to get married? You've got to be making a lot of assumptions to use the word biggot against someone who has never stated they were against something and that would then warrent the use of the term.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life

Are you in favour of legalising gay marriage?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #129
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I've never stated that I was against gay marriage or homosexuality. How can you state that someone is a bigot because they asked questions about who has the legal right to get married? You've got to be making a lot of assumptions to use the word biggot against someone who has never stated they were against something and that would then warrent the use of the term.
I never said asking questions makes one a bigot. Please show me where I said that. I said there is no logical reasoning to oppose gay marriage except that you oppose homosexuality which in my book makes you a bigot.

But then again you are the one that reads between the lines.

So once again I ask, can you think of any logical reason to oppose gay marriage?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #130
Refugee

Quote:

I never said asking questions makes one a bigot. Please show me where I said that. I said there is no logical reasoning to oppose gay marriage except that you oppose homosexuality which in my book makes you a bigot.

But then again you are the one that reads between the lines.

So once again I ask, can you think of any logical reason to oppose gay marriage?
Well, another poster seemed to have a different view on that.

The only thing I've done in this thread is ask questions on the whole issue of marriage.

As for your question, no I can't think of any logical reason to oppose gay marriage. I think that might be the third time I've answered that question and the purpose of my questions was never to find a way to oppose gay marriage, despite the fact that several people have made that assumption.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 AM   #131
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

As for your question, no I can't think of any logical reason to oppose gay marriage. I think that might be the third time I've answered that question and the purpose of my questions was never to find a way to oppose gay marriage, despite the fact that several people have made that assumption.
That's because there is no logical reason.

Maybe you have answered the question, I didn't see it, but oh well.

Your questioning did come off as a way to oppose gay marriage, especially since so much of it was proven moot in here by so many, yet you kept asking.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #132
Refugee

Quote:

That's because there is no logical reason.

Maybe you have answered the question, I didn't see it, but oh well.

Your questioning did come off as a way to oppose gay marriage, especially since so much of it was proven moot in here by so many, yet you kept asking.
None of the questions I asked were moot since all involve the question of who an adult has the legal right to marry. I kept asking the questions because people never answered them and kept mixing it up with assumed opposition to gay marriage.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #133
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

None of the questions I asked were moot since all involve the question of who an adult has the legal right to marry. I kept asking the questions because people never answered them and kept mixing it up with assumed opposition to gay marriage.
From where I stand they were all proven moot because they all could be answered outside the realm of gay marriage therefore didn't belong in here.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #134
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

One good thing that came out of this thread is we went 9 pages and not one mention of the Bible(at least to my recollection). Maybe folks are coming to terms that we don't live in a theocracy.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #135
Refugee

Quote:

From where I stand they were all proven moot because they all could be answered outside the realm of gay marriage therefore didn't belong in here.
But its obvious from the first post in this thread that it was never exclusively about gay marriage. In fact, only one sentence in the first post even references gay marriage.