The Right To Witness Pain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
ACLU: Lethal Injection Violates 1st Amend

The American Civil Liberties Union claimed Wednesday that California's lethal injection method violates the First Amendment rights of execution witnesses by not allowing them to see if the inmate is experiencing pain before death.

The federal lawsuit says the only reason San Quentin State Prison officials inject a paralyzing agent is to sanitize the execution and prevent witnesses from perhaps seeing convulsions.

Show any pain, however, and the ACLU will show up with their cruel and inhumane lawsuit.

:up: for the death penalty! kick ass!

let's not get any information out there that might confuse the public's obsession with vegence!

(on a side note, is this any different than protestors waving dismembered fetuses in my face?)

Why don't we just go back to good old fashioned boiling in oil?

How long has it been since we burned someone at the stake? :hmm:

It'll be a cold day in Hell before we have lethal injection execution in Alabama. The big shots want to keep our electric chair.

verte76 said:
It'll be a cold day in Hell before we have lethal injection execution in Alabama. The big shots want to keep our electric chair.

but they still put the black cloth over the face so we don't have to watch the eyes pop out of the skull, right?

once again, death penalty: :up:

Irvine511 said:

but they still put the black cloth over the face so we don't have to watch the eyes pop out of the skull, right?

once again, death penalty: :up:

I'm opposed to capital punishment. But the majority of people in my state support it, and there's nothing I can do about that.

I don't understand why people focus on such prurient detail. If death is what they seek, surely the current method should suffice? If they are REALLY keen on the bad person suffering, they could try reading up on lethal injection. The only reason the person doesn't display pain for their righteous enjoyment is because the person is paralyzed.

Kieran McConville said:
I don't understand why people focus on such prurient detail. If death is what they seek, surely the current method should suffice? If they are REALLY keen on the bad person suffering, they could try reading up on lethal injection. The only reason the person doesn't display pain for their righteous enjoyment is because the person is paralyzed.

Perhaps they would care to compare lethal injection to the method used by the criminal.

This is simple gamesmanship by the ACLU. They cannot achieve their goal (ending capital punishment) through a legislative process, so they try to legislate through the judicial system.

I guess the case is meritless on its face.

nbcrusader said:
This is simple gamesmanship by the ACLU. They cannot achieve their goal (ending capital punishment) through a legislative process, so they try to legislate through the judicial system.

:hmm: what group does this remind me of?

nbcrusader said:
Perhaps they would care to compare lethal injection to the method used by the criminal.

So I guess it would be better for criminals to paralyze their victims before killing them then?

Melon

nbcrusader said:

Compared to some countires, I'm sure it is.

don't worry -- those countries have lots in common with us so they shouldn't feel to left behind. for example, they execute juveniles just like the United States!

Back
Top Bottom