The real reason for the war on terror revealed.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 05:16 PM
The real reason for the war on terror revealed....

"Christianize the world"

9/11 was fabricated, the buildings demolished not by planes, but by explosives.

It's all the Vaticans doing

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD92005
__________________

__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Thank you. Bush should be impeached for this.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 05:16 PM
I've heard all sorts of kooky things about Vatican II but this takes the brass cigar for sheer lunacy.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
The decisions of the 1965 Vatican Council included, first of all, absolving the Jews of the blood of Christ.
Quote:
For example 4,000 Jews caught influenza on that exact day.
Anti-semitism runs deep here.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
Refugee
 
XHendrix24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,496
Local Time: 12:16 PM
__________________
XHendrix24 is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Ah hysteria. The funny thing about hysteria is that it's easy to spot as an outsider. I should know, since I spot it on a regular basis.

Like this, for instance:

Quote:
The leader of a conservative Christian lobby group says that gays should be required to wear warning labels.

"We put warning labels on cigarette packs because we know that smoking takes one to two years off the average life span, yet we 'celebrate' a lifestyle that we know spreads every kind of sexually transmitted disease and takes at least 20 years off the average life span according to the 2005 issue of the revered scientific journal Psychological Reports," said Rev. Bill Banuchi, executive director of the New York Christian Coalition.

The journal regularly publishes articles described by many mainstream psychologists as misleading and faulty. The homosexuality morbidity study was conducted by the conservative anti-gay Family Research Institute.

Banuchi called LGBT Pride celebrations held in New Paltz, north of New York City, and other areas of the country on the weekend "sad".

He called on people to "pray for those who are deceived by the lies of popular culture, who are caught up in a destructive lifestyle, and for the children who are being zealously evangelized by radical homosexuals."
As they say, charity begins at home, and if we aren't prepared to deal with the zealots in our midst, how do we expect to have the moral authority to deal with Islamic zealots?

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,255
Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
The leader of a conservative Christian lobby group says that gays should be required to wear warning labels.

"We put warning labels on cigarette packs because we know that smoking takes one to two years off the average life span, yet we 'celebrate' a lifestyle that we know spreads every kind of sexually transmitted disease and takes at least 20 years off the average life span according to the 2005 issue of the revered scientific journal Psychological Reports," said Rev. Bill Banuchi, executive director of the New York Christian Coalition.
Please, melon, tell me this guy's NOT serious. Please...

Wow...
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Ah hysteria. The funny thing about hysteria is that it's easy to spot as an outsider. I should know, since I spot it on a regular basis.

Like this, for instance:



As they say, charity begins at home, and if we aren't prepared to deal with the zealots in our midst, how do we expect to have the moral authority to deal with Islamic zealots?

Melon
Yes, they're easily spotted, but Right-Wing Christian zealots are no threat to my life or that of my family, Islamic zealots are.
__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino


Yes, they're easily spotted, but Right-Wing Christian zealots are no threat to my life or that of my family, Islamic zealots are.

but they are a threat to my life and my family.

try walking in someone else's shoes.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



but they are a threat to my life and my family.

try walking in someone else's shoes.
Do you really believe you could be killed by them anytime soon ? That won't come across the way it's intended in print, but it's meant in a "genuinely interested to know" to know tone.

For me, I have to travel to stated-Muslim terrorist targets routinely on business to Indonesia/Philippines, specifically staying in areas most likely to be targeted (i.e, Hotels/areas where Westerners congregate), so that's where my immediate concern stems from.

As far as I'm concerned, not all religious zealots are of equal danger, you might feel differently obviously.
__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 12:16 PM
yes.

people are killed for being gay all the time. every week. you don't often hear about it, unless it's a dramatic Matthew Shepard-type story. while religion isn't as obvious a motivator as it is for killing "infidels," one motivating factor for bashing a gay person comes from the support that much of organized religion tacitly offers those who do hate gay people. if gay people are, by definition, immoral or wrong, are they then less than human beings? so goes the logic. and i fully understand the outrage a Christian might feel at the way in which Christianity is twisted to support murder. it's probably a similar outrage that a Muslim feels at the logic that extremists use to blow up infidels. it's how i felt when i discovered that the man (who's name escapes me) who bombed the Atlanta Olympics had previously bombed a gay club.

i live in one of the most gay friendly cities in the US, but i still get nervous every time i pick up a copy of the Washington Blade before getting on the metro. is someone going to follow me home and bash me in an alleyway? i've had dates in Northern Virginia and not dared to kiss someone good night in the car because, god forbid, some psycho sees two men kissing in a car and decides that now is the time to take advantage of VA's rather lax gun ownership laws.

and, good gosh, look at what Melon posted. how is that any different, in any way, shape or form, than what the Nazis did to the Jews? far right elements of American Christianity absolutely want to eradicate homosexuality, and while it might not involve ovens, it does involve things like "therapy" where electric shocks are administered to a patient every time an erotic same-gender picture is flashed in front of him. it still happens today. so, yes, some elements of Christianity -- or maybe we should call them anti-gay Christianist zealots -- see the eradication of homosexuality with the same zeal and furvor (the thing that limits their tactics to nasty campaigns and hateful speech instead of outright organized violence is the rule of law in American society) that anti-western Islamist zealots seek the eradication of the United States and the re-establishment of the caliphate.

am i overreacting? possibly. but so is the Bush administration.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 12:16 PM
If I were going to beat up people for sinning, I'd beat up people who cheat on their spouses. Well, the men anyway. I don't hit women, so for women who cheat on their husbands, I'd point a gun at them and make them beat themselves up.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
If I were going to beat up people for sinning, I'd beat up people who cheat on their spouses. Well, the men anyway. I don't hit women, so for women who cheat on their husbands, I'd point a gun at them and make them beat themselves up.


they kill lesbians, too.

just how serious are you?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
[B]yes.
and, good gosh, look at what Melon posted. how is that any different, in any way, shape or form, than what the Nazis did to the Jews?
Irvine, kindly stop comparing Christians to Nazis. I understand the point that you are trying to make but, as a Catholic, I find the comparison pretty revolting.

And I live in Dupont Circle and, from what I see on weekends on 17th Street, I do not see gays being discriminated at all (I actually feel like a minority when walking around with my wife ). And you have to agree with me on that the general trend, despite punctual exceptions, is for the more 'conservative' society to open up to further integrate with gays and lesbians.
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 06-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC


Irvine, kindly stop comparing Christians to Nazis. I understand the point that you are trying to make but, as a Catholic, I find the comparison pretty revolting.

And I live in Dupont Circle and, from what I see on weekends on 17th Street, I do not see gays being discriminated at all (I actually feel like a minority when walking around with my wife ). And you have to agree with me on that the general trend, despite punctual exceptions, is for the more 'conservative' society to open up to further integrate with gays and lesbians.

for Christ's sake, go back and read my post. i went to great pains to distinguish between Christians and anti-gay Christianist zealots.

Dupont is probably the most gay friendly neighborhood in America. go to Tulsa, and then let's talk.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com