The Prosecution of GW BUSH for MURDER - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:47 AM
The Prosecution of GW BUSH for MURDER

The man has written what I consider to be the FINEST book ever put together investigating the Kennedy Assasination.

Ex-Prosecutor’s Book Accuses Bush of Murder - NYTimes.com

[Q]As a Los Angeles county prosecutor, Vincent Bugliosi batted a thousand in murder cases: 21 trials, 21 convictions, including the Charles Manson case in 1971.

As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.

So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.

But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers. [/Q]

He prosecutes the president for the murder of American Soldiers.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Okay, I totally misread what you were saying and thought the book was claiming that Bush killed Kennedy.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:47 PM
So did I
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Probably an interesting read...I'll have to check it out.
BUT...and it's a big "BUT" - I wouldn't trust anyone who spent the time Mr. Bugliosi did in making the case against conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination...but I digress, this thread is about George W. Bush so let's keep it to that. Funny how Dick Cheney isn't mentioned??? Or is he?????
Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Probably an interesting read...I'll have to check it out.
BUT...and it's a big "BUT" - I wouldn't trust anyone who spent the time Mr. Bugliosi did in making the case against conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination...but I digress, this thread is about George W. Bush so let's keep it to that. Funny how Dick Cheney isn't mentioned??? Or is he?????
I'm curious - by your statement I assume that Mr. Bugliosi spent a lot of time making the case. Why wouldn't you trust someone who puts a lot of time into making a case for something?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I remember when Bugliosi challenged Johnny Cochran to a televised mock trial using the same evidence from the OJ Simpson case. He might have proposed to do it for charity or to benefit the victims family, I can't remember but nevertheless, Cochran didn't take him up on the offer.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
The man has written what I consider to be the FINEST book ever put together investigating the Kennedy Assasination.

Ex-Prosecutor’s Book Accuses Bush of Murder - NYTimes.com

[Q]As a Los Angeles county prosecutor, Vincent Bugliosi batted a thousand in murder cases: 21 trials, 21 convictions, including the Charles Manson case in 1971.

As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.

So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.

But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers. [/Q]

He prosecutes the president for the murder of American Soldiers.
Truth be told, while Bugliosi might be a very accomplished and intelligent man in many other regards, this idea of prosecuting Bush for murder is a lot of nonsense.

I'm mean come on. . . I've always opposed Bush's Iraq policies. . .but seriously. . .murder? I don't think so.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought, as defined in Common Law countries.
Dread wrote something about murder of American soldiers?
I don't know what that is about.

I don't think Bush will ever be prosecuted.
But is he guilty of murder?

When Bush approves an air strike on a target, and he knows there will be "other people" killed in that strike,
is he not killing those other people, unlawfully? with malice aforethought?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I'm curious - by your statement I assume that Mr. Bugliosi spent a lot of time making the case. Why wouldn't you trust someone who puts a lot of time into making a case for something?
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man. It's so obvious.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Truth be told, while Bugliosi might be a very accomplished and intelligent man in many other regards, this idea of prosecuting Bush for murder is a lot of nonsense.

I'm mean come on. . . I've always opposed Bush's Iraq policies. . .but seriously. . .murder? I don't think so.
Exactly...oh and while we're at it let's charge Johnson and Nixon with the murder of hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese...and oh ya, while we're at it how about George H.W. Bush for the first Gulf War and Bill Clinton for Bosnia.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man. It's so obvious.
You put conclusion before evidence, why hunt for phantom shooters when Oswald was so tied up with potential puppetmasters.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Dread wrote something about murder of American soldiers?
I don't know what that is about.

I don't think Bush will ever be prosecuted.
But is he guilty of murder?

When Bush approves an air strike on a target, and he knows there will be "other people" killed in that strike,
is he not killing those other people, unlawfully? with malice aforethought?
No, he's not guilty of murder. . .unless we're not going to make a distinction between murder and warfare. Now, if he ordered an air strike on a village where there was no target of military value, just because he wanted to "take some out Iraqis for the hell of it" well that would be murder in my view. Unlawful and with malice aforethought.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Vincent Bugliosi is a genius, if anyone could make a case for that it would be him. It's an attention grabber, but realistically couldn't you have to go after other world leaders for the same thing? Certainly he isn't the first to wage what some consider to be an unjust war. I'm sure it's interesting reading.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Quote:
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

My understanding is that the premise of the book would be that the war was illegal and the murder is not of Iraqi citizens, but of US Soldiers.