The Prosecution of GW BUSH for MURDER - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 01:47 AM
The Prosecution of GW BUSH for MURDER

The man has written what I consider to be the FINEST book ever put together investigating the Kennedy Assasination.

Ex-Prosecutor’s Book Accuses Bush of Murder - NYTimes.com

[Q]As a Los Angeles county prosecutor, Vincent Bugliosi batted a thousand in murder cases: 21 trials, 21 convictions, including the Charles Manson case in 1971.

As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.

So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.

But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers. [/Q]

He prosecutes the president for the murder of American Soldiers.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,712
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Okay, I totally misread what you were saying and thought the book was claiming that Bush killed Kennedy.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 11:47 PM
So did I
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Probably an interesting read...I'll have to check it out.
BUT...and it's a big "BUT" - I wouldn't trust anyone who spent the time Mr. Bugliosi did in making the case against conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination...but I digress, this thread is about George W. Bush so let's keep it to that. Funny how Dick Cheney isn't mentioned??? Or is he?????
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Probably an interesting read...I'll have to check it out.
BUT...and it's a big "BUT" - I wouldn't trust anyone who spent the time Mr. Bugliosi did in making the case against conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination...but I digress, this thread is about George W. Bush so let's keep it to that. Funny how Dick Cheney isn't mentioned??? Or is he?????
I'm curious - by your statement I assume that Mr. Bugliosi spent a lot of time making the case. Why wouldn't you trust someone who puts a lot of time into making a case for something?
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 12:47 AM
I remember when Bugliosi challenged Johnny Cochran to a televised mock trial using the same evidence from the OJ Simpson case. He might have proposed to do it for charity or to benefit the victims family, I can't remember but nevertheless, Cochran didn't take him up on the offer.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
The man has written what I consider to be the FINEST book ever put together investigating the Kennedy Assasination.

Ex-Prosecutor’s Book Accuses Bush of Murder - NYTimes.com

[Q]As a Los Angeles county prosecutor, Vincent Bugliosi batted a thousand in murder cases: 21 trials, 21 convictions, including the Charles Manson case in 1971.

As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.

So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.

But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers. [/Q]

He prosecutes the president for the murder of American Soldiers.
Truth be told, while Bugliosi might be a very accomplished and intelligent man in many other regards, this idea of prosecuting Bush for murder is a lot of nonsense.

I'm mean come on. . . I've always opposed Bush's Iraq policies. . .but seriously. . .murder? I don't think so.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought, as defined in Common Law countries.
Dread wrote something about murder of American soldiers?
I don't know what that is about.

I don't think Bush will ever be prosecuted.
But is he guilty of murder?

When Bush approves an air strike on a target, and he knows there will be "other people" killed in that strike,
is he not killing those other people, unlawfully? with malice aforethought?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I'm curious - by your statement I assume that Mr. Bugliosi spent a lot of time making the case. Why wouldn't you trust someone who puts a lot of time into making a case for something?
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man. It's so obvious.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Truth be told, while Bugliosi might be a very accomplished and intelligent man in many other regards, this idea of prosecuting Bush for murder is a lot of nonsense.

I'm mean come on. . . I've always opposed Bush's Iraq policies. . .but seriously. . .murder? I don't think so.
Exactly...oh and while we're at it let's charge Johnson and Nixon with the murder of hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese...and oh ya, while we're at it how about George H.W. Bush for the first Gulf War and Bill Clinton for Bosnia.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man. It's so obvious.
You put conclusion before evidence, why hunt for phantom shooters when Oswald was so tied up with potential puppetmasters.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Dread wrote something about murder of American soldiers?
I don't know what that is about.

I don't think Bush will ever be prosecuted.
But is he guilty of murder?

When Bush approves an air strike on a target, and he knows there will be "other people" killed in that strike,
is he not killing those other people, unlawfully? with malice aforethought?
No, he's not guilty of murder. . .unless we're not going to make a distinction between murder and warfare. Now, if he ordered an air strike on a village where there was no target of military value, just because he wanted to "take some out Iraqis for the hell of it" well that would be murder in my view. Unlawful and with malice aforethought.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Vincent Bugliosi is a genius, if anyone could make a case for that it would be him. It's an attention grabber, but realistically couldn't you have to go after other world leaders for the same thing? Certainly he isn't the first to wage what some consider to be an unjust war. I'm sure it's interesting reading.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,951
Local Time: 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Because Kennedy wasn't killed by just one man.
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 07-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 01:47 AM
My understanding is that the premise of the book would be that the war was illegal and the murder is not of Iraqi citizens, but of US Soldiers.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com