The Proof! Dick and John met in 2001!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
From Yahoo News:

capt.ny11710061727.debate_first_meeting_ny117.jpg

In this image from video, originally broadcast by C-SPAN Feb. 1, 2001, Sen. John Edwards , D-NC, is seen sitting next to Vice President Dick Cheney at a Senate prayer breakfast in Washington. Cheney said Tuesday night Oct. 5, 2004 that the debate with Democratic Sen. John Edwards marked the first time they had met. In fact, the two had met at least three times previously. (AP Photo/C-SPAN)

:drool::madspit:

I wonder why Edwards didn't say anything - unless he wanted to take the focus off of himself and took the opportunity to go for Cheney's voting record?

nb -- Edwards has presided over the Senate as acting president twice -- the same number of times as Cheney. And it's Cheney's JOB as outlined in the Constitution. Who has the bad attendance record now?

Btw, there is another pic out there of Cheney swearing in new senators, including Libby Dole, while Edwards looks on.

nbcrusader said:
I guess if this is more important that Edwards poor attendance record in the Senate, then so be it......

I think it just goes to show how easy it is for the man to lie. I mean how did he think this one would just slip by?:huh:

Both of their records aren't anything to smile at, but I think that can be said for a big percentage of politicians. It's a cush job compared to most peoples and it's easy to take advantage of the perks.

sharky said:
nb -
Btw, there is another pic out there of Cheney swearing in new senators, including Libby Dole, while Edwards looks on.

but wait..i thought dick only swore at Leahy:sexywink:

db9

there is a difference between swear IN and swear AT. :rolleyes:

:lol:

[oh hey, that rolling eye smiley is soooo GWB at last Thursday's debate]

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
ooooo i like my avatar!

Look. The man is 51 or something. Maybe it's time to leave your childhood crushes behind or leave them to people your own age.:|

Edwards was on the campaign trail today saying that Cheney's comment about them never meeting was yet another Bush/Cheney lie.

Well why didnt Edwards correct him and expose his lie during the debate?

FullonEdge2 said:

Look. The man is 51 or something. Maybe it's time to leave your childhood crushes behind or leave them to people your own age.:|

I can have a childhood crush on whoever the heck I want! It's not my fault he's good looking. I'm sure I'll move on at some point, now is not that time. Alot of what i say about Edwards is all for laughs anyway. Get over it.

Why do you care who I have a crush on anyway?

Last edited:
Simply put, Dick Cheney is a liar, has always been a crooked businessman and is now a lying, crooked politican! :ohmy:

And I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but the truth will set you free.

And if you look deeply into the eyes of Dick Cheney, you will see this truth there. :tsk: :(

DEFINITELY TIME FOR REGIME CHANGE IN DC....:up:

MaxFisher said:
Edwards was on the campaign trail today saying that Cheney's comment about them never meeting was yet another Bush/Cheney lie.

Probably because there were more important things to talk about in the few seconds he had to respond. That and the fact that what Cheney said is easily proven to be a lie, so there would be no point in taking time in the debate to point it out.

MaxFisher said:

I wish he had. Grrr...Edwards could have won the debate with that. Maybe Cheney is more forgettable than we thought.

Deep- ew. the thought of doing mouth-to-mouth on that guys is just.....ew. It's too bad we don't have a puking smiley.

Nice spin Indra.

Basically what happened is both candidates more than likely forgot they had met. Cheney is too smart to say such an obvious lie that could be fact checked within minutes. Unfortunately Edwards wasn't smart enough to nail Cheney's goof when he a chance in front of millions of people. All Edwards had to say was, " we met at that prayer breakfast, remember?". It would have take 3 seconds.

FullonEdge2 said:

Hey, we're all having a little fun here, for Pete's sake.

What blue difference does it make to you?

MaxFisher said:
Nice spin Indra.

Basically what happened is both candidates more than likely forgot they had met. Cheney is too smart to say such an obvious lie that could be fact checked within minutes. Unfortunately Edwards wasn't smart enough to nail Cheney's goof when he a chance in front of millions of people. All Edwards had to say was, " we met at that prayer breakfast, remember?". It would have take 3 seconds.

Didn't need spin, my dear Max. And apparently Cheney is NOT too smart to say such an obvious lie, since he DID SAY IT. Talk about spin.... :laugh:

DaveC said:
Who cares?? So Cheney lied. I thought we'd all be immune to it by now. :shrug:

sorry DaveC. we're long past the point of not caring. points, however small, need to be scored at every opportunity, however inconsequential:wink:

Indra,
I just think both candidates probably forgot they had met. Cheney forgot and Edwards had forgotten because he didn't correct Cheney.

Back
Top Bottom