the Porn Squad - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
You're right - what harm.....



I doubt her story is unique.
What she did in Deep Throat is nothing compared to the stuff in porn today. The more freaky you get, the more money you get. Most of the people who participate do so willingly because it pays way more than a job at Walmart or a retail store. Yeah, some of it is depraved but stop trying to take away people's right to choose whether it is a good or bad choice. Isn't America a free country?
__________________

__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:25 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Most of the people who participate do so willingly
Are you satisfied that only most participate willingly??

Bear in mind, the proposed investigation focuses on "manufacturers and purveyors" - not people "looking at porn in their own home".
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
You're right - what harm.....



I doubt her story is unique.

sorry, "Deep Throat" is extremely dated, was financed with mob money, and Lovelace is hardly a typical porn actress. she's also not considered reliable. nobody in the adult film business bought her act -- in their minds, she repudiated her past in order to gain the acceptance of people who hadn't seen her movies. the porn industry uses the term "Linda Syndrome" to refer to former porn stars who disavow their careers.

(i had to look that up, btw, lest i come off as some sort of staright porn expert)

also, the point here is not to defend the porn industry but to point out a massive waste of FBI time for political gain when there is, you know, a war going on.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Are you satisfied that only most participate willingly??

Bear in mind, the proposed investigation focuses on "manufacturers and purveyors" - not people "looking at porn in their own home".


is this how you want the FBI to spend their money, time and resources?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:18 AM
let's just cut to the chase

bring back public stoning


it will be good for the kids
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:09 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
also, the point here is not to defend the porn industry but to point out a massive waste of FBI time for political gain when there is, you know, a war going on.
Exactly.

And, again, if she was indeed raped, then it wasn't consenting, therefore, it's wrong and should be stopped. But if all involved in a porn are consenting and are doing this for fun and all that sort of thing, why should we care? Why should we get all upset?

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: all around in the dark - everywhere
Posts: 3,531
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



sorry, "Deep Throat" is extremely dated, was financed with mob money, and Lovelace is hardly a typical porn actress. she's also not considered reliable. nobody in the adult film business bought her act -- in their minds, she repudiated her past in order to gain the acceptance of people who hadn't seen her movies. the porn industry uses the term "Linda Syndrome" to refer to former porn stars who disavow their careers.
at this point i'm thinking..."wow, impressive irvine "

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

(i had to look that up, btw, lest i come off as some sort of staright porn expert)
and then the big let down.

deep suggested stoning, but i think we should also resume expelling women from the community while they are menstrating.
__________________
Se7en is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 07:18 AM
I think the FBI has more important things to investigate right now.

http://forum.interference.com/t140206.html

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Apparently the Bushies think porn is worse than kickbacks.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:18 AM
not to toss aside NBC's point, yes, i do think that porn can be "a bad thing." like cigarettes, and alcohol, the poison you're fed at McDonalds, etc.

i just don't think it's enough of a bad thing to worry the FBI with.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,459
Local Time: 06:18 AM
i'm gonna go download some porn...for the united states of america!
__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
not to toss aside NBC's point, yes, i do think that porn can be "a bad thing." like cigarettes, and alcohol, the poison you're fed at McDonalds, etc.

i just don't think it's enough of a bad thing to worry the FBI with.
I hate porn. I think it's trash that doesn't do anyone any good. It's just that there are things I consider worse--this includes kickbacks.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
And, again, if she was indeed raped, then it wasn't consenting, therefore, it's wrong and should be stopped. But if all involved in a porn are consenting and are doing this for fun and all that sort of thing, why should we care? Why should we get all upset?

Angela
That is a huge "IF" to toss aside the subject. If there is in essense a form of sex slave trade encompassing those in the porn industry who are not giving true consent, would you want that investigated and stopped?

And given the recent cries of "where is the Federal government!!!" - would not the FBI be the agency of choice to investigate such activities??
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


That is a huge "IF" to toss aside the subject. If there is in essense a form of sex slave trade encompassing those in the porn industry who are not giving true consent, would you want that investigated and stopped?

And given the recent cries of "where is the Federal government!!!" - would not the FBI be the agency of choice to investigate such activities??

Quote:
not giving true consent, would you want that investigated and stopped?
would you include married women
with domineering, controlling husbands
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


That is a huge "IF" to toss aside the subject. If there is in essense a form of sex slave trade encompassing those in the porn industry who are not giving true consent, would you want that investigated and stopped?

And given the recent cries of "where is the Federal government!!!" - would not the FBI be the agency of choice to investigate such activities??

i think it's a huge, huge mistake to compare, say, the worst natural disaster on American soil since 1906 to the porn industry.

also, i think you underestimate women in the porn industry -- there's sexism embedded in your post.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com