The Political Correctness of PJs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most girls at my university did that, but I think the only time I ever wore pajamas out was wearing a pair of plaid flannel pajama bottoms to a drive-through when I was ill. I used to wear a lot of smarter clothes...I never wore trainers and rarely wore jeans or unfitted t-shirts. Once I borrowed a friend's clothes for the day for fun (tracksuit bottoms, a t-shirt, tennis shoes, and a baseball cap), and no one recognized me at first. :lol:

indra said:

Putting on "good" clothes never worked that way for me...it just made/makes me uncomfortable. And if I'm uncomfortable all I'm thinking about is how miserable I am. :shrug:

Guess it's different for each person.

I didn't mean "good" as in fancy or uncomfortable; it can be jeans and a t-shirt or whatever you normally wear that's comfortable. Fresh & clean is really what I meant, and the more I think about it, the more I think that wearing to school--or anywhere in public--the clothes that you slept in is just kinda gross to me. Like eww. No offense, U2Democrat. :wink: But you're right, different strokes...

Wearing PJs out is repulsive to me because those same people would crawl right back into bed with the same thing on. That's just disgusting.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Take ten minutes to throw on some jeans, please. It just proves once again how lazy some Americans can be. :slant:

:yes:

And in 10 minutes I can put on a suit and tie, so it takes even less.
Wearing pyjamas to school basically suggests to me that you don't care about even basic hygiene and appearance. Not even the hippies in the Sixties were this slothful.

:down:

Popmartijn said:

Wearing pyjamas to school basically suggests to me that you don't care about even basic hygiene and appearance.

I have to agree.

Back in my school days, they usually had a "Spirit Week" or similar theme days during homecoming week. Either week would have goofy theme days like tacky day, fifties day, or, perhaps the inspiration for this new fashion, at our school it was "Pajama and Socks Day." You didn't even have to wear slippers or flip flops, just socks. I thought all of these themes were stupid anyway so I boycotted them. In fact, I think I were a button down and khaki pants just to fudge up the mainstream.

~U2Alabama

Popmartijn said:

:yes:

And in 10 minutes I can put on a suit and tie, so it takes even less.
Wearing pyjamas to school basically suggests to me that you don't care about even basic hygiene and appearance. Not even the hippies in the Sixties were this slothful.

:down:

hygiene?

I may wear pjs to class on occasion, but I never go unshowered or without brushing my teeth.

Many times I got mistaken for substitute teachers by the aides when I walked through the halls. I wore ties and button shirts sometimes, just because that was perhaps my own way of being an individual. (and because I think I looked damn good that way, too, heh...)

Ah... I always had my pride in HS, heh heh heh.

I never wore them to school, but PJs sure are public, and whenever one of my girl friends wore her PJs to school..... well... that was always sort of hot, because she looked really really good in them..... (sorry, just telling the truth!)

...................Anyhow....

I personally like the idea dressing well. But I never discriminated against people based on what they wore. Highschool is.... quite something else... I guess I'lll leave that part of the disccusion off right here.

As far as what I think is right......

PJs now and then is okay.
PJs all the time is not so good
No PJs ever, that's up to you

wearing what you sleep in to school..................
:macdevil:

SOme people would look hilarious, some would look rather nude, some would look this way or that.

Really, though, I don't have too much of a problem with PJ pants, long pants, and a sweater, etc. Just like anything else, though, it should not be overdone.

I never thought people would talk about this for 4 pages, maybe I should keep trying :wink:

If anyone here will confess to wearing footy PJ's I will make a thread in which I will enumerate 20 things I love about George W Bush. And just the confession won't do of course, I need a picture (real not Photoshopped) posted right here in this thread. And that's footies as an adult not some picture of you as a kid.

Can we define pjs? I'm envisioning pyjamas as the type made of flannelette and printed in some sleep type theme, usually baggy pants and a loose button shirt-style? This is what we are talking about, no?

I think that's correct Angela, I think it's usually flannel type baggy pants w/ some sort of print on them..Spongebob or something similar :wink: w/ a t-shirt or the like

Ooh, wow. I definitely couldn't wear my Betty Boops any further than the letterbox! Although once I drove in my baggy trackie pants to McDonalds during a 2am pregnancy chicken nugget craving. And er, one other time when I wasn't pregnant, but figured I'd say I was as an excuse if a cop pulled me over....
:shifty:

:lol:

I am stunned that if I wore shorts to bed, and a t-shirt, that someone would be offended if I went out got my coffee and dognut....

Hmmm....

I do not change my lucky underwear when the red sox are winning.....

Angela Harlem said:
Can we define pjs? I'm envisioning pyjamas as the type made of flannelette and printed in some sleep type theme, usually baggy pants and a loose button shirt-style? This is what we are talking about, no?

for me it's a t-shirt and either baggy cotton black/gray pants or baggy flannel-print pants

Kristie said:
hygiene?

I may wear pjs to class on occasion, but I never go unshowered or without brushing my teeth.

Then why put your PJs back on and not some proper clothing?
:slant:

And oh, I didn't mention showering and brushing teeth, but meant hygiene in general.

Popmartijn said:

That's what I'm trying to wrap my brain around. This thread is hilarious. :lol:

Angie in Betty Boops. :drool:

Popmartijn said:

And oh, I didn't mention showering and brushing teeth, but meant hygiene in general.

because pjs are more comfortable
and I don't put them back on, I put on clean ones

I guess I don't understand, what do you mean by "hygiene in general"?

Last edited:
hey whait a minute?
you mean th every same PJs that you actually sleep in? Or fashion/ going out ones?
I mean.. that measn you are in the same cvloth for about 24h and while you sleep.. any idea how much you sweat at night?!?!?!

*yuck*
sorry... but fashion aspect aside

*yuck*

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/09/22/pjs.public.ap/index.html

"Public pajama-wearing grew out of college students' long-standing habit of rolling out of bed and into class. Now pajamas are a fashion statement, with such retailers as Old Navy, Target and J.C. Penney offering myriad styles for adults, teens and preteens.

Sounds to me like the Powers That Be who decide what's fashionable are running out of ideas...what next, are corsets and hoopskirts going to make a comeback?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom