The Pill makes women pick bad mates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It isn't that weird, the ancesteral capacity for genetic discrimination is the reason that all of us are here today.

Although being a bastard is a successful mating strategy that involves that complication of consciousness and society in addition to biology, it fills a niche and those heritable personality traits are perpetuated in the population. If any broad strokes can be made it shows dominance and confidence can be valuable in guaranteeing your information gets passd along.

It isn't that weird, the ancesteral capacity for genetic discrimination is the reason that all of us are here today.

Although being a bastard is a successful mating strategy that involves that complication of consciousness and society in addition to biology, it fills a niche and those heritable personality traits are perpetuated in the population. If any broad strokes can be made it shows dominance and confidence can be valuable in guaranteeing your information gets passd along.

HUH?

:scratch:

That would make sense since I was with an unworthy knob when I was on it :lol: Except I went on it after we started seeing each other, so I guess I have no excuse :uhoh:

From the article:

Sexy scents
The study involved about 100 women, aged 18 to 35, who chose which of six male body-odor samples they preferred. They were tested at the start of the study when none of the participants were taking contraceptive pills and three months later after 40 of the women had started taking the pill more than two months prior.

For the non-pill users, results didn't show a significant preference for similar or dissimilar MHC odors. When women started taking birth control, their odor preferences changed. These women were much more likely than non-pill users to prefer MHC-similar odors.

"The results showed that the preferences of women who began using the contraceptive pill shifted towards men with genetically similar odors," Roberts said.

The bolded part doesn't make sense to me. I suppose seeking the original study for clarification would help, but this part makes it clear that non-pill taking women don't necessarily have any advantage in choosing mates with dissimilar MHC odours, just that it slightly worsens with taking the pill.

So, it's a crap shoot for non-pill takers, and even more of a crap shoot for pills takers. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom