the peace icon in the corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
Ok, I don't believe in a war with Iraq. I do support our troops though.

I know some of you agree or disagree with my position on Iraq.

So why do we have a peace sign in the top left hand corner of all the feedback pages? If I'm paying $12 a year for this, why is my opinion one way or the other being ignored for some cheesy peace sign?

sharky said:
Ok, I don't believe in a war with Iraq. I do support our troops though.

I know some of you agree or disagree with my position on Iraq.

So why do we have a peace sign in the top left hand corner of all the feedback pages? If I'm paying $12 a year for this, why is my opinion one way or the other being ignored for some cheesy peace sign?

sharky,

If you support the troops,then pray for peace. If there is a war thousands will die. Many of us are premium members and often times we see things on this board we disagee with.

It's a PEACE SIGN, for crying out loud. It's not a banner saying "WE HATE GEORGE W. BUSH AND WE DISAGREE WITH ALL WAR FOR ANY REASON EVEN IF OUR OPPONENTS ARE TORTURING OUR GRANDMAS AND CHILDREN FOR FUN." It is a *peace sign.* It is an expression of a desire for peace.

Deep is right. If you support soldiers, then why do you want to send them off to their deaths unless it's the absolute last resort and the cause is really, really good?

Maybe because after 12 years it is the last resort and the cause is probably one of the most noble there has ever been.

Very fucking noble. Pah!

What good is a bomb? That shit is wild... CIA child (go listen some Public Enemy).

Hiphop,

My friends that are in Kuwait and others that will soon be in Kuwait are doing a very noble thing. It is very noble to defend the world community from a serious threat and potentialy liberate a country that has been held hostage by a dictator.

sting2, its all about perceptions. our minds are filled to the brim by the endless unrelentless propaganda that is forced into our minds. i think there is nothing noble about it, and if you do, well thats your decision.

and yes, its a fucking peace sign for shits sakes. relax. i cant believe were even argueing about that. this is probably the most rediculous thing ive ever read.

Defending others is always a noble thing to do.

Oh, I have no problem with the peace sign at all.

no, exactly, and the thing is i really believe everyone, and i do mean everyone here at interference deep inside wants peace.

so then, how can we argue that? case closed, lets all be happy and have a drink of water (on me).

Like my Peace? thread...

How can anyone say that ultimately they do not want Peace?

Perhaps a few people _need to_ read that thread.

paxetaurora said:
It's a PEACE SIGN, for crying out loud. It's not a banner saying "WE HATE GEORGE W. BUSH AND WE DISAGREE WITH ALL WAR FOR ANY REASON EVEN IF OUR OPPONENTS ARE TORTURING OUR GRANDMAS AND CHILDREN FOR FUN." It is a *peace sign.* It is an expression of a desire for peace.
exactly. also, not to sound catty, but just because someone paid for premium membership doesn't mean they can suddenly dictate how the board looks/is run. on another forum i regular, there have been people in the past who think because they'd paid $10 to join that they were above the rules. they were banished to the gas chamber, a forum where all the shitty threads went, and you can't post there.

I didn't even want to reply in this thread because it seems so petty but I just don't understand how anyone can be offended or bothered by a peace sign.

I don't want a war but if (when) it happens, I will be supporting our troops 100%. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop praying for peace.

martha said:
But it's still just a peace sign in the corner.

Um yeah it is. Jeez.

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
exactly. also, not to sound catty, but just because someone paid for premium membership doesn't mean they can suddenly dictate how the board looks/is run. on another forum i regular, there have been people in the past who think because they'd paid $10 to join that they were above the rules. they were banished to the gas chamber, a forum where all the shitty threads went, and you can't post there.

I agree. Whether you're a premium member or not, the board still runs the same as before we had premium member options. What being a premium member gives you is access to more features, (and may I add... A LOT more features than any other board out there) not to decide what kind of symbol goes in the corner of the board.

Cow of the Seas said:

and yes, its a fucking peace sign for shits sakes. relax. i cant believe were even argueing about that. this is probably the most rediculous thing ive ever read.

I know arguing in a thread about a peace sign all seems pretty ironic to me :shrug:

i think thats a great idea. in canada were almost definately decriminalizing it within a short period of time, and once weve done that we should send some to dubya and to the israelies and palestinians who simply need to relax and work on more peaceful methods of communication.

Ha ha, so much for posting an unpopular yet reasonable and respectful opinion, Sharky! You would have done just as well to throw a chum line out to a pool of bull sharks.

Peace is a dirty word, she used to be a painted bird;
And war, she's a whore, don't you know we love her more and more.
-The Cult

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
Ha ha, so much for posting an unpopular yet reasonable and respectful opinion, Sharky!

Why is it reasonable for Sharky to assume that his twelve bucks gives him the right to tell Joel what to put on the pages? Does his twelve bucks for Time give him the right to tell them what to put on their pages? He can of course unsubscribe to both Time and Interference, but his subscription does not give him any ownership.

Back
Top Bottom