The Paradox of being GW Bush..or any other elected official..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
It seems you just cant win:angry:

There are always ppl on the other-side no matter what you do even when vindicated, that will continually despise and speak ill of you.
This is sad.
It happens to all elected offcials.
Its happening to GW right now.

Recently w the help on Russia, the USA foiled an attempt for Iraq to get nuclear material into Iraq.
Saddam is a bastard who -
-beheads citizens of Iraq
-beheads members of his cabinet
-gasses and kills his own ppl of his country..
-gasses and kills anybody that opposes him
-executes homosexuals
..and according to Arun-
-sterilizes African citizens of Iraq

-who wants nukes to contine his reign of terror..

Now if he had happen to acquire these nukes and use them many here and in the press would proclaim-"GW knew"! "GW knew!"-would be the mantra..
but it didnt happen..
The same cowards that said GW knew of 9/11.

my question to you is-
What gives?:huh:

DB9
:dance:
:cool:

Last edited:
Yes, gladly -
WHAT GIVES?

In other words.. when will you ppl who are blinded by ONE way of thinking-(having hatred/antimosity for GW) give the man credit when credit is due?
When will you b openminded polictically the same way you ask ppl on the right to b open-minded and put your partansinship aside?

Kinda like Bono did working w Bush..:ohmy:

There how's that?

DB9

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. :wink: While I'd love to help you out, I won't be able to answer your question since it seems to directed solely at people who are blinded by ONE way of thinking-(having hatred/antimosity for GW).

Feel free to ask me something else though... :wave:

Diamond, with all due respect, I think FYM is the wrong place to ask this question. I'm not going to close the thread or anything, but I really do believe that most people here these days are reasonably open-minded, and even if they categorically dislike Bush, they have solid reasons for doing so. I'm not a huge Bush fan, for example, but I did post 5 (serious) reasons to like the man in that "Name 5 Things" thread you had a while back.

I understand your concern, and elsewhere it might be a valid question, but keep in mind that folks here tend to have good reasons for not liking good ol' Dubya. Although, of course, directionless and groundless dislike is not something we endorse here in FYM. :)

paxetaurora said:
Diamond, with all due respect
. I'm not a huge Bush fan, for example, but I did post 5 (serious) reasons to like the man in that "Name 5 Things" thread you had a while back.

I understand your concern, and elsewhere it might be a valid question, but keep in mind that folks here tend to have good reasons for not liking good ol' Dubya. Although, of course, directionless and groundless dislike is not something we endorse here in FYM. :)

yes this is my point.
My point also it works both ways as well.
I dont think there should be blanket hatred for Clinton or other panty-waist liberals by Conseratives;)
Thank you for saying nice things about GWChimp:sexywink::up:

Ok
goodbye:wave:
diamond

diamond said:
It seems you just cant win:angry:

There are always ppl on the other-side no matter what you do even when vindicated, that will continually despise and speak ill of you.
This is sad.
It happens to all elected offcials.
I don't think that this is restricted to elected officials
it seems to happen almost everywhere nowadays

Also remember that this (Iraq) isn't a small US domestic tax issue being argued here. Alot of people would have strong feelings about an issue this size that has nothing to do with whether it's Bush/Republican or a Democrat or whatever. If this all occured 2 years ago and it was Clinton, I would still think it's a bad idea, I bet most people would be the same.

Remember Tony Blair is as keen as Bush and he's from the left. Therefore I think he's as wrong as Bush, so I'm not 'anti-right', and the Aussie Prime Minister, John Howard, is all for it as well, so I think he's just as wrong, so obviously it's not me being 'anti-American'. But Bush/the US are obviously 'leading' this, so they are being made the example.

Bush will get credit when he earns it. For example, he deserves credit for his commitment to hiv/aids in Africa :up: but not for his current foreign policy :down:

The more I look at things the more I'm convinced Bush's presidential reign will mirror his dad's. For so long they both looked certainties for a second term but stuffed it up at the end by being a little hamfisted overseas and prettymuch inert domestically.

hi diamond, good to have you back

people disagree with something with every person.

my best friend and i disagree on things all the time. it doesn't mean we don't like eachother, it just means that we have differing viewpoints.

i think that whoever is on a public level will have that exponentially. there will be more people exposed to you and therefore more people to like and dislike you.

Re: hi diamond, good to have you back

Lilly said:

. it
i think that whoever is on a public level will have that exponentially. there will be more people exposed to you and therefore more people to like and dislike you.

Good pt Lilly.
My pt is though, is it productive to hate someone just because..ect?
or
maybe be a bit more open-minded finding out where the other mindset is coming from.. looking at it from their angle..ect?

DB9:sexywink:

Re: hi diamond, good to have you back

Lilly said:
people disagree with something with every person.

This may be one of the wisest things I have read in here in a long while. I would submit as well, that the better you are at something, the more people look for faults in you increases as well.

this is a good thread

diamond said:

Good pt Lilly.
My pt is though, is it productive to hate someone just because..ect?
or
maybe be a bit more open-minded finding out where the other mindset is coming from.. looking at it from their angle..ect?

DB9:sexywink:

hate is never productive.

and

perspective is key to everything.

Re: this is a good thread

Lilly said:

hate is never productive.

and

perspective is key to everything.

OK...Lilly I am changing your name to YODA

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering!"

:lmao: @ yoda.

Its a good point Diamond. I don't understand how you can have complete dislike of somebody, or in this case a politician and their policies. Someone like GW anyway. I'm sure there are those out there who do absolutely nothing beneficial at all.

could i *be* more attractive?

yoda.gif

all $$$ in africa usually goes to mob , corrupt government ministers , usual people get nothing or less thne 5% of total financial help .
I don't like how bush looks like .
I don't like how he speaks .
And i don't like his crazy WAR ideas .
And all republicans all look like racists , ugly and old fags to me .

But he's a President after all , so let him do his job .
Till next election .

this is not tolerated.

pinkfloyd said:

I don't like how bush looks like .
I don't like how he speaks .
And i don't like his crazy WAR ideas .

generalizations are NOT welcome here, i thought we had this covered. the language and tone you used are extremely unnacceptable. if you don't like bush, how he speaks, or his war, then speak against that.

DO NO GENERALIZE ALL REPUBLICANS

just unnacceptable.

It's my personal opinion , it's only what they all look like to me , yes i don't like him so what , i have my rights , you know . And i didn't said that all Democrats are like Bill Clinton or Mr/mrs perfect or watever . i don't mean to be rude or something , and i maybe wrong ok ???????????

pinkfloyd said:

I quickly rushed to the mirror to check myself out. Hmmmmmmm.............

pinkfloyd said:

But he's a President after all , so let him do his job .
Till next election .
Mr Pink..
Bush loves you:)
He is not an evil person..

Again he will win the score in the year-
2004..:)

diamond
:wave:

"?Old fag"? That?s like a used cigarette? Right? <G>

I guess that gives new meaning to being in bed w/ the tobacco lobby
....:lmao:

I do feel like a "penis" of sorts here.
Originally the premise of the thread was that GW was correct about Iraq being very very 'nuke' hungry.
Then it came out that the nukes being smuggled into Iraq werent the harmful kinda nukes.
Now I feel like a penis.:angry:
Sometimes u never win:angry:

thank u
dB9

pinkfloyd said:
It's my personal opinion , it's only what they all look like to me ,... don't mean to be rude or something , ...

What are the typical visual characteristics of "racists" and "old fags," please?

Welcome, my son,
Welcome, To The Machine!

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:

What are the typical visual characteristics of "racists" and "old fags," please?

Still looking in the mirror hours later.....heheheheh

Back
Top Bottom