The ONE Campaign at the Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the Academy Awards program tonight, The ONE Campaign will unveil a new one minute video on The ONE Campaign and its fight for Africa's Future.

Here is the official email from The ONE Campaign:

As a supporter of The ONE Campaign, we want you to be the first to know about our brand new video that will premiere tomorrow night during the Oscars award show. Our new, celebrity-studded "ONE Word for the ONE Campaign" video will be featured during the Oscar broadcast on ABC. Be sure to tune in this Sunday, Feb 27 between 8:00 and 11:30 pm EST. Check your local listings.

This video calls on all Americans to raise their voice in the fight against global AIDS and poverty, and has been filmed across the world over the past two months with today's hottest celebrities. Your continued support has been the inspiration for the ONE Word video, so don't miss this exclusive premiere. Make sure to tell your family and friends to tune in as well, and encourage them to add their voice to this effort. You can easily forward this message by clicking here.

Along with this new video, we have just launched our new URL ONE.org, where you can be one of the first to get your very own ONE white wristband. Worn by teachers, doctors, and homemakers, you've seen them in the pages of People and US Weekly on your favorite stars. Visit ONE.org now to get yours!

On Tuesday, March 1, people around the country will be getting together and wearing their ONE wristbands as a display of solidarity in support of the fight against global AIDS and poverty. Be a part of this historic moment by going to ONE.org now and getting your very own ONE wristband.

Also at ONE.org read about our new "ONE in the Spirit" video, featuring Nashville recording artists such as Michael W. Smith and Jars of Clay. The three-minute video, featuring 16 of the biggest names in Christian music, will be featured at concerts, music festivals and places of worship across America in 2005 to rally support for The ONE Campaign.

From Hollywood to the Heartland, America's top actors and music artists are banding together with you to support the world's poorest nations. Tune into the Oscars and hear what people are saying about The ONE Campaign.

Thank you for all that you do,

The ONE Campaign Team

And to obtain The ONE Campaign's new white bands in support of the Global Call to Action Against Poverty Campaign, go here:

https://www.rapiddonor.com/theonecampaign/

Watch the Oscars show tonight and MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO GET INVOLVED in the global campaign to make poverty history!

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:yes:

Ordered my wristbands, they'll be here in 3-5 weeks. Cool thing is, my job matches all Donations, so they will donate as well.

Very nice, The Disciple.

I have had mine for almost two weeks now but had to keep quiet on the ONE white bands until they came out publicly on the one. org website.

I have some friends on the inside. :wink:

The important thing is for all of us to support The ONE Campaign and the fight against AIDS and extremem poverty with more than just our eloquent words - the People who suffer need your actions.

IT"S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING, IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO....:angel:

neutral, there ARE ONE Campaign stickers.

PM me if you want to know more.

And if you have a white ONE band, then make sure to wear it on 1 March in a show of solidarity with others across the country.

After that, wear it as often as possible (along with your advocacy for Africa). :yes:

I ordered mine yesterday - watched the Oscar Awards did not see the One campaign - I didn't doze off, as usual - what happened????:ohmy:

The ONE Campaign spot never got shown because the show ran over time and the powers that be decided to cut the spot out!

I talked with a friend of mine today within the organization and that is what I was told.

The spot was going to introduce the ONE white bands and how people in the U.S. can GET INVOLVED in the struggle against AIDS and extreme poverty.

This kind of snub should only incite us to be MORE ACTIVE in the struggle to end AIDS and extreme poverty in our world.

Thanks for caring enough about The ONE Campaign to actively wait for the spot - I was disappointed too!:sad:

I NEED SOMETHING OTHER....:wink:

I just received a e-mail from the campaign. They are very upset that it didn't show and are looking for a way to get it out on TV.

It would have been great to have it on.

:cool:

rside_promo_wristband.jpg

running over time???? the spot is 1 minute for gods sake! thats outrageous.

ill organize my squad of 50 elderly ladies to launch an attack of complaint letters :wink:

but seriously, thats just a lame thing to do. AND they dont give awards to the best stuff out there. oscars are being way too political by being apolitical :|

Here is the email sent from The ONE Campaign today:

Unfortunately, despite repeated assurances, our ONE Campaign video was not shown during the Oscars award ceremony. We are all disappointed and concerned, and we are looking into why this happened. We are confident that this message about fighting global AIDS and extreme poverty will be seen throughout America very soon. And with the continued support of people like you, our message will continue to spread every day.

People across America will be uniting together today, March ONE, to display their ONE white wristbands, showing their support for the world's poorest people. Visit ONE.org today to get your ONE wristband and unite with fellow Americans in the fight against global AIDS and poverty.

You can also see Oscar award winning actor Jamie Foxx wearing his ONE wristband by visiting our new URL ONE.org right now. Keep your eye out for more of America's top stars, religious leaders and your friends and neighbors wearing ONE wristbands, and get very own today. Visit ONE.org to become a part of this movement.

Please share this message with any family or friends who might be interested by using this link.

Thank you for your support,

The ONE Campaign Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was an EXCELLENT ONE Day here in Austin Texas!

To get involved in your area for ONE Day activities go to and check out your area of the country:

http://www.data.org/local/ :wink:

Back
Top Bottom