The official YouTube debate thread... - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Download the debate:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/...rss_topstories

Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I wish someone had asked about Blackwater. Maybe they're saving that one for the Republicans.
CNN got to ask what they wanted. The most popular question turned out to be about impeaching Bush, but it was not mentioned.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #78
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Last night on SNL (repeat?) Chris Rock made a joke saying that everyone loves white women... white men love them, black men love them, but pointed out they don't love themselves because if they did, being the largest group of voters in this country, a white women would have been President a long time ago. I might not have repeated that 100% correctly, but that was the jest of his comment. You know what, he's got a point. Right now in this country there is a woman (of course skin color doesn't matter one bit) who is running and she's smart, knowledgeable, experienced and respected in the world, and I for one am going to vote for her. Let's stop being our own enemies and give our gender the chance to prove a woman can lead this country whether she doesn't act feminine enough, or too feminine, or is too ambitious, or loves her cheating husband.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

clinton wouldn't win my vote regardless of her color, sex, whatever else is in her genetic makeup. it has nothing to do with stereotyping. i just plain don't agree with platform.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #80
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
clinton wouldn't win my vote regardless of her color, sex, whatever else is in her genetic makeup. it has nothing to do with stereotyping. i just plain don't agree with platform.
Of course if someone has given a candidate's platform serious consideration, and have decided to go with another, I respect that. But I can't tell you how many times I hear people say they can't stand Hillary and when asked why, they answer with "I just can't!" Often times it's a woman, and as one, I just find it very disheartening.

Anyway, I've said my "peace"
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Val

Of course if someone has given a candidate's platform serious consideration, and have decided to go with another, I respect that. But I can't tell you how many times I hear people say they can't stand Hillary and when asked why, they answer with "I just can't!" Often times it's a woman, and as one, I just find it very disheartening.

Anyway, I've said my "peace"
i definitely know what you're talking about! i've met some people who really just can't stand her. you think that it is because she's a woman who doesn't meet up to their standards of what women should be?

i'm sort of surprised by the disdain for her. perhaps i've missed something...i just don't see that she's done much of anything to upset people. but...i haven't paind much attention to her, to be fair.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #82
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

i definitely know what you're talking about! i've met some people who really just can't stand her. you think that it is because she's a woman who doesn't meet up to their standards of what women should be?

i'm sort of surprised by the disdain for her. perhaps i've missed something...i just don't see that she's done much of anything to upset people. but...i haven't paind much attention to her, to be fair.
Well, at least you are being fair by saying that. It's very early in the political arena at this point, so we have plenty of time to have a listen to all the candidates. Good luck to you, unico.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

i was actually talking about her record up until now. i've looked up her presidential candidate platform. but i don't understand what she has done in the past that generates so much anger. i've seen loads of "jokes" and i just wonder "what did she do?"
Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I haven't decided. But I haven't ruled her out either.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 PM
Hillary to me is far too calculating and divisive. By the time we have a new president, we will have dealt with 8 years of extreme polarization, and I honestly don't think Hillary is the one to bring people together.

That being said, I remain undecided. I still and always will Joe Biden but he has no chance of being nominated.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I just can't get worked up over any of them yet. Once it thins out, gets closer. Maybe if somebody really impresses me, I'll switch back to Democrat to vote in the primary. It's early yet. They haven't solidified their positions. And I'll have to watch when the rhetoric changes from state to state.