The official kickoff to the 2008 Edwards for President Campaign! - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #106
The Fly

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Of course -- not! -- tongue-in-cheeque.

The person who cleverly (I think) brought over that Mayor RUDY photo from my interesting 1969 NYC Stonewall Rebellion website to this worthwhile U-2 board is none other than: Headache-in-a-Suitcase -- which is a helluva lot better than "Headache-in-a-Toilet"! Oh, I see, Headache is from "New Drizzle". Where's that? I'm from New York, home of the recent, winning Republican Convention but w/ ancestral ties to the South; so chill out, Girlz.

Verte, U say you're from the South (no doubt) so why post your location as "pil-GRIM-age"? I'd guess NC or SC based on all the JE butt 411.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:30 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:11 AM
I've lived in TN, KY, and now VA. However, my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc., ALL live in NC. In fact we have stories of relatives living in NC all the way back to the pre-civil war era. The way edwards talks/acts makes him seem like a member of my family, just another reason of many why I am attached to him.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #108
The Fly

America's Mayor RUDY!

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

This is that pic that I've mentioned of Mayor Rudy Giuliani on the cover of New York magazine (he was also on the cover of Time mag. for Person-of-the-Year), which came from my website via "Headache".

By the way, since I come to this specific thread via its link to my website www.STONEWALLvets.org what FORUM and/or what FILE or THREAD am I actually on? I can never find it once I'm off it? I presume it's somewhere on the "Free Your Mind" forum?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:56 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Stonewall, I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. Neither one of my parents is from here however, and my older brother was actually born in Nashville, when my dad was still studying at Vanderbilt. My mother is from a small town in Alabama called Opelika, which is the town that borders Auburn. My father was born in Florida, but his mother was from Georgia and his father from West Virginia. I have family all over, including NC, Georgia, Florida and Texas, as well as my mother's ancestral base in Opelika. We've lost track of anyone in West Virginia, which is sort of unfortunate because I'm a genealogy geek and I've had a tough time tracing those ancestors. My location is "on a pilgrimage" because I'm Catholic and one of my favorite quotes is from St. Augustine, about all Christians being on a pilgrimage.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:41 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Verte, I was born in Nashville and my dad studied/taught at vandy too!!!

Small world.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:57 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Verte, I was born in Nashville and my dad studied/taught at vandy too!!!

Small world.
Great minds think alike.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:34 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Great minds think alike.

Amen!
Old 11-14-2004, 12:51 AM   #113
The Fly

Verte, how's that cake comin' that U left out in the rain? Ooops, U didn't leave it out in the rain, it's just that U don't like to drive in the rain to get the cake ingredients. Oh, no!

To do a bit of the geography thing, I'm from New York but have strong ancestral roots from Savannah -- and in Tennesse. My mother is from NY but lives in Florida. And my congressmember in New York was born and raised in North Carolina with much family still in NC.

It's too bad so many on the board keep it a secret even what continent they're from!
Old 11-14-2004, 01:00 AM   #114
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Continent, shmontinent.

I was born in Dartford UK, in the mid 1980's, moved to Sydney when baby, moved Melbourne when 7, still in Melbourne as a uni student and right now without any job.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:27 AM   #115
The Fly

Big Grin What schmontinent are U from?

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Continent, schmontinent.
Thata way, Wanderer! It makes it much more interesting. In the past few years, America and Australia have become even closer allies. Right-on to that. I know that on September 11th, citizens from Australia were also murdered at the World Trade Center attacks by the terrorists.

P.S. I'm not a Manhattan mathemetician but my guess 4 U is 19.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:39 AM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Pretty much spot on there - I have been living a lie in my personal profile (oh the shame),

The US got hit big time and the world cried crocodile tears for you. Then only a year later those bastards murdered Australians and our leftist commentariat lectured us that 88 Australians were killed because our government was too close to the US and that we should seek new alliances in the world and start cuddling up with the Israel/America bashing crowd (Margo Kingston at the SMH for example), the government took a different line and kept up the support, in both Afghanistan and Iraq, just had elections and the government was brought back in - you guys reciprocated
and so the fight will continue.

long live the anglosphere!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #117
The Fly

New poll for 2008 looka bad 4 Edwards

A brand-new, post-Election poll by Fox News Channel for 2008 for the Democrat nom for Prez gives HILLARY CLINTON a whopping 55% of the vote and JOHN EDWARDS just 35% with all others a total of 10%. In other words, it's obvious, as many people have opined and predicted on this board, that the soon-to-be non-Senator and failed V.P. candidate EDWARDS has no chance whatsoever up against the former First Lady and prominent and popular U.S. Senator HILL!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:16 AM   #118
The Fly

wink HILLARY is the #1 choice of Dems!

Ooops! It's like the old game show, "Beat The Clock". My mere '60 minutes' ran out to =edit= the above post....

The national poll of registered Democrats is actually by Gallup (not Fox) and was simply reported, reviewed and discussed on F.N.C. Besides the big win for HILLARY and the distant 2nd place for EDWARDS, it means that KERRY and all others have less than 10%! It seems that HILLARY will have the nod Xmas-wrapped!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:22 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

After reading the article about Elizabeth Edwards in People magazine, I'm not sure her husband has any more politics scheduled. They're moving back to North Carolina, and will build a house on some land they bought and raise horses. They've worked really hard and maybe they are ready to smell some roses.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:25 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

I'm skeptical of polls. I wonder who that was they polled with the preference for Hillary? They obviously did a hell of an adjustment job with partisan sampling. Right now she's the one with the most name recognition. I'm sorry, the idea of her as the nominee is a bad joke to me. I don't care who says what it's not going to happen.