The official kickoff to the 2008 Edwards for President Campaign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcrt2000 said:
if Gore ran again he would have won by a landslide... he won the first time and was ripped off...

also the statement about being an angry former-VP... well if you look at the footage of him in congress when people are trying to petition to get a signature to contest the election he was acting very orderly, even though so many people were putting up for him.. if i was in that situation i would have been going nuts!

democrats will probably either be Gore or Hillary Clinton or even Gore/Clinton... republicans could be any of the following people: Dick Cheney, Jeb Bush, Arnold Schwarzneggar (as long as the bill gets passed which will allow him to run for president.. sounds it like will)

The problem with Al Gore is he is very ungenuine. He changes the way he acts based on what a focus group tells him. He is such a tool. I am from his home State and most of us do not care for him. Surely the Democrats can do better than Edwards or Gore?? I do like Obama.

U2democrat said:
I love Obama....but unfortunately I don't think America is ready to vote for a black president. We've made progress, but not THAT much.

We will most definitely vote for a black. Bush has the most blacks on his cabinet in US history. It was Bush's father that put a black on the Supreme Court, the Secretary of State in Ohio who was all over the news on Wednesday is a black Republican, it was Republicans who led the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as evident by Al Gore's father voting against it. The 60 million Christians who voted for their moral leader on Tuesday will vote for a black man/woman, as long as this black candidate respects the rights of the unborn and traditional marriage.

bcrt2000 said:
i'm really hoping Gore will consider running, if not then its Clinton all the way

I will pay for Gore to move to Toronto.....then he is all yours. Again there has to be somebody out there better for the Dems than this bonhead.

Democrats will lose again if they try to make Edwards their guy. Many who voted for Bush wouldn't want Edwards, and neither would some who voted for Kerry, I'm sure.

Honestly I think we need some new blood- new people we haven't gotten sick of already, new ideas, new parties competing! Come on there are 270 million fuckers in this country, give us some decent selections!

GOP_Catholic said:

We will most definitely vote for a black. Bush has the most blacks on his cabinet in US history. It was Bush's father that put a black on the Supreme Court, the Secretary of State in Ohio who was all over the news on Wednesday is a black Republican, it was Republicans who led the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as evident by Al Gore's father voting against it. The 60 million Christians who voted for their moral leader on Tuesday will vote for a black man/woman, as long as this black candidate respects the rights of the unborn and traditional marriage.

What's your deal with "traditional" marriage? Honestly, what does someone else's marriage have to do with you anyway?

Rudy's former combover;Edwards current combover!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Don't tempt me :flirt: that comb over is to die for :drool:
If U think America's Mayor Rudy's combover is "temptin'", he at least ended it -- though it was okay. Butt go look at "Little Boy" (in his 50's) Johnny Edwards. He can be the political "Breck Girl" for his hair color job; however, his combover is very slick and, like his ambulance-chasing trial lawyer rhetoric, is meant to deceive.
J.E. starts combing it to his far left to cover his receding hairline.
His Moonie smile is also distracting -- and annoying. Butt worst than the too vibrant hair color, the sneaky combover and the painted smile is that ugly wart on his upper lip! With his multi-millions he ought to be able to get it impeached -- or buy a new lip! :flirt:

Two have confirmed: non-candidates

bcrt2000 said:
if Gore ran again he would have won by a landslide... he won the first time and was ripped off...

Democrats will probably either be Gore or Hillary Clinton or even Gore/Clinton...

Republicans could be any of the following people: Dick Cheney, Jeb Bush, Arnold Schwarzeneggar (as long as the amendment gets passed which will allow him to run for president.. sounds like it will)

Hey, BCRT (what does that stand for?),

Al B. Gore would have lost in a landslide. Think about it! That is exactly why HE chose not to be a candidate. If he thought he had any chance to beat the now President George W. Bush Jr., Gorey would have run (again). He knew he'd lose big time. Besides the fact that even the Dems would not have nominated the "very angry (and now very heavy) and screamin' former V.P."

Hillary would NEVER play second banana to a Gore! U gotta be kidding, left?

Dick Cheney and Jeb Bush, separately, have this week once again confirmed that they will not be presidential candidates in 2008. I agree with both of their decisions. And I do agree with U about the Governator Ahnold! He is successful against all of the odds, he's wise and he's witty. He's following in the political footsteps of former President Ronald Reagan -- including as the popular, good-looking, outspoken, Hollywood-background Republican Governor of Callyfornia! :wink:

Last edited:
I would love for Edwards to run again in 2008. That was the best thing about the Kerry/Edwards ticket! I think he'd have a great shot at winning, actually. Most of the people I know that voted for Kerry said they wished they were voting for Edwards.

Re: Rudy's former combover;Edwards current combover!

Stonewall said:

If U think America's Mayor Rudy's combover is "temptin'", he at least ended it -- though it was okay. Butt go look at "Little Boy" (in his 50's) Johnny Edwards. He can be the political "Breck Girl" for his hair color job; however, his combover is very slick and, like his ambulance-chasing trial lawyer rhetoric, is meant to deceive.
J.E. starts combing it to his far left to cover his receding hairline.
His Moonie smile is also distracting -- and annoying. Butt worst than the too vibrant hair color, the sneaky combover and the painted smile is that ugly wart on his upper lip! With his multi-millions he ought to be able to get it impeached -- or buy a new lip! :flirt:

Keeping up those superficial, ancient insults on mr. edwards will get you nowhere.

Johnny Boi Edwards is a total loser!

U2 Democrat said:

Keeping up those superficial, ancient insults on mr. edwards will get you nowhere.
In reality, those true descriptions are not "ancient" as basically less than nine months ago, no one ever heard of "Mr. Edwards". Even as a career trial lawyer, he sure was overly ambitious running for President of the United States of America in his very first and only term as U.S. Senator. Edwards delivered nothing to the Democratic ticket -- other than the fake smile, the hair coloring, the slick combover and the lip wart, all negatives!!!! :(

Last edited:
Stonewall, you're not going to change the minds of us Edwards fans. The guy's smart as hell, articulate, charismatic, someone I could have easily voted for if he hadn't dropped out before the Alabama primaries...............you get the idea. He's not just a pretty face, and I predict he'll become a force to be reckoned with on the political scene in the future. He's just started. Sure he's inexperienced now, but inexperience is transient. Some people started great political careers this year, like Edwards *and* Wesley Clark. I look forward to their participation in the political life of this country.

Re: Johnny Boi Edwards is a total loser!

Stonewall said:

In reality, those true descriptions are not "ancient" as basically less than nine months ago, no one ever heard of "Mr. Edwards". Even as a career trial lawyer, he sure was overly ambitious running for President of the United States of America in his very first and only term as U.S. Senator. Edwards delivered nothing to the Democratic ticket -- other than the fake smile, the hair coloring, the slick combover and the lip wart, all negatives!!!! :(

Excuse me but I was one of his biggest cheerleaders outside of NC in 1998 when he ran for the senate. He had a special light then, still does. He has excellent potential, and that potential needs to be put to good use.

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and most of us liberal women around here behold him as beautiful on the out and inside. You may disagree, that's fine, that's what FYM is all about.

Re: Re: Johnny Boi Edwards is a total loser!

U2democrat said:

Excuse me but I was one of his biggest cheerleaders outside of NC in 1998 when he ran for the senate. He had a special light then, still does. He has excellent potential, and that potential needs to be put to good use.

Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and most of us liberal women around here behold him as beautiful on the out and inside. You may disagree, that's fine, that's what FYM is all about.

I had never heard of Edwards before this year to be perfectly honest. I'm one of his biggest fans now.The guy has only started a great political career IMHO. He's come a long way for someone who has only been in politics since 1998. He made fans all over the U.S. and will be able to count on significant support in the future. Just my opinion, but my fellow liberals are already talking about a campaign for him in the future. We're fans.

Johnny Boi Edwards lost and is a loser!

:wink: Girlz! Obviously, no boyz on this board share your enthusiasm.

I must say that everyone's posts on this board are interesting and well-tempered -- or I, for one, wouldn't return. I therefore assume that U have seen some of the post-election political shows such as "Special Report with Brit Hume", "Meet The Press", "Hardball", "The Beltway Boys", "Inside Politics", "Paula Zahn", etc. One thing that all of the political reporters and all of the analysts and, really, all of the operatives, whether they are Rep, Dem or Ind, agreed on -- besides that Bush Jr. won big time -- was that Johnny Edwards, Esq., brought nothing (nada) to the Democratic ticket. Moreover, he was mostly M.I.A. during much of the campaign. I think he'd have his robotical "thumbs up" if he witnessed a train wreck! Ooops! Even U'd agree, as a big trial lawyer, U know he would. :sad:

Last edited:
People don't vote for the vice presidential candidate anyway, they vote for the presidential candidate. The VP candidate has only affected the election in 1960. I never believed that he would deliver NC, that state is too deep red. He was out there campaigning all the time every day everywhere (well the swing states) and the media complained that he wasn't "out there" enough. That's bull, they just didn't cover him! You'd have to go to the local papers to read fascinating stories about jam-packed rallies where he pumped up the crowds. Our own pax went to two of them.

That's right, people never vote for the vice-presidential candidate. It always comes down to the presidential candidate. I don't know what those commentators are talking about. Now I know why I'm not a big fan of pundits. They're mostly second-rate-brained talking heads with nothing meaningful to say. They're coasting on big name recognition, not talent of any kind. Edwards campaigned his brains out. Elizabeth Edwards didn't curtail her schedule when she had her biopsy. It came down to John Kerry not being able to pull it off.

:drool: Well, Gyrlz, I certainly agree with the fact that it is rare (1960) that people also affect their vote with the Vice-Presidential candidate; however, the V.P. candidate can help the total ticket as when George Bush Sr. was Ronald Reagan's V.P. running mate. It helped so much so that V.P. Bush Sr. would win on his own as President in 1988 (unlike V.P. Gorey in 2000).

We can all agree with the distrust of most political pundits -- especially the recent, erroneous exit pollsters! :wink:

P.S. On all of the national news shows again tonight, Fla. Gov. Jeb Bush again triple confirmed that he has no interest in any presidential canmpaign -- ever!

:huh: Mrs. Edwards only found out about her medical bad news that Friday before the election (there were only 3 campaign days remaining). She did the honorable thing -- instead of torpedoing her husband's slowly-sinking campaign!

Last edited:
:wink: Johnny Edwards could not even win his birth state of South Carolina -- nor his home state of North Carolina. Granted, even he now publicly knows fully that he's no match for Geo Bush Jr.; however, the Comb-over Boi didn't even make a dent in Bush's election results compared to four years ago. For example, Girlz, in 2000 Bush won North Carolina against Al B. Gore by 13%. Fast forward four years.... guess what? With the North Carolina U.S. Senator Edwards on the Dem ticket as V.P., Bush won N.C. by 14%! According to all reliable published and spoken sources, Edwards apparently knew he had more chance to get elected U.S. Vice-President than re-elected as Senator from NC. :(

Back
Top Bottom