The official kickoff to the 2008 Edwards for President Campaign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, given that my first vote in a presidential election will be next time, I certainly hope we've got a decent candidate. Edwards: :up:, Obama: :up:

Giuliani will never get the GOP nomination in a thousand years.

I'm not sure about Edwards - he's got some of that "loser" taint about him now and if the Democrats decide to do some spring cleaning, they may elect to swing in a whole new direction, which leaves him behind.

Obama is a stunningly brilliant man, and he would be an incredible addition.

However, the day Americans elect a woman or a black man as a President, I will certainly suffer a vaso-vagal syncope.

nbcrusader said:

Gore lost broad based appeal when he took the role of "angry former VP"

He'd gain it back if people actually listened to what he's saying, instead of just seeing the 5-second TV clips where he's yelling.

But if your point is that it'll never happen, I very sadly am forced to agree.

A_Wanderer said:
Rudy / Condi 2008!

Ha! The day two pro-choicers get on the GOP ticket, is the day the Dems run ... you know, I can't even think of a comparable example. ANYONE the Dems could think to run would be more likely than that.

anitram said:
Giuliani will never get the GOP nomination in a thousand years.

see this is where you're wrong... the reason the GOP is winning seats left and right is because their upper leadership has finally realized that the trent lott's and newts of the wrold can not be the face of the party. thus they've been running a lot of progressive, moderate republicans for high offices, and low and behold, it's friggin worked.

meanwhile, the dems keep throwing out ted kennedy clones, and low and behold, it doesn't work.

i fully expect a giuliani or a pataki or a mccain or someone of that same ilk to be the GOP candidate in 2008... and if the dems counter with edwards or hill hill, then they really didn't learn a thing from this election now did they.

and yea... condi won't be up for Veep anytime soon.

if Gore ran again he would have won by a landslide... he won the first time and was ripped off...

also the statement about being an angry former-VP... well if you look at the footage of him in congress when people are trying to petition to get a signature to contest the election he was acting very orderly, even though so many people were putting up for him.. if i was in that situation i would have been going nuts!

democrats will probably either be Gore or Hillary Clinton or even Gore/Clinton... republicans could be any of the following people: Dick Cheney, Jeb Bush, Arnold Schwarzneggar (as long as the bill gets passed which will allow him to run for president.. sounds it like will)

Last edited:
Adorable. Kinda scary that he spends that much time on his hair.......but he's still hot. Maybe now that he's no longer campaigning he can lose some weight. Those cheeseburgers are getting to his tummy!

Flying FuManchu said:
Calm down girls... there is enough of Ashcroft to go around.... or were you all talking about Edwards?

Ooh...I'm really tempted to post that picture again.

But I'll be nice to U2Democrat this time.

Back
Top Bottom