The official kickoff to the 2008 Edwards for President Campaign! - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2004, 01:25 AM   #136
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 PM
Big Grin Yet another reason BUSH won!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
a conservative liking hillary is like a liberal liking bush.
Loads of liberals voted for their American president, George Bush, Jr. How do U think he won with a four million vote majority? Obviously, not just from Republicans. To use your dumb word: "duh"! Also, I guess U'd be surprised at how many Liberals also put security and the war on terror as "top priority".

When U see BONO perform at HILLARY-for-Prez events in less than four years, will U doubtfully remember to backpeddle and say and post, "Oh, that boy Stonewall was right (pun intended) again"! By the way, immediately after BONO's performance, he was with HILLARY at length not BILL. It's silly and disingenuous for U to falsely deny that BONO obviously is "friends" with both!! No doubt, he is well aware of which is the CLINTON of the future.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:40 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:36 AM
I don't know that alot of liberals voted for Bush. Maybe some did, but remember, this was quite a close election and Kerry got plenty of votes and support. My mother is going nuts buying the Heinz brand at the store, just to make a statement. There will be peaceful and orderly protests against Bush's policies and they will be pretty well attended. These acts are in no way intended to disrupt or harm, they'll mainly be self-expression and companionship in a shared goal. If you like Hillary, fine, that's not a problem for me, like I've said before it's shocking to find a conservative Hillary fan.

Old 11-20-2004, 07:35 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Since when was the WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON Library opening a Hillary for president event? Last I checked it was all about Bill's legacy, not Hillary's future. Sure some, liberals voted for Bush, but not many. That's like when some conservatives voted for Kerry. It happens in every election. There's also such people who consider themselves "independent" as I'm sure you know.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:48 AM   #139
The Fly

Heinz = Republican

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
....My mother is going nuts buying the Heinz brand at the store, just to make a statement....
The late, respected and popular Sen. H. John HEINZ was and the HEINZ family is 100% Republican -- as was his his very loyal wife, the now Teresa HEINZ-Kerry, until a year or so ago. We must conclude that your Mother -- like mine -- is making a HEINZ catch-up statement in favor of the Presidential winning Republicans. Right-on to her!

See BONO on SNL tonite!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #140
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U-2 Democrat
Since when was the william jefferson clinton Library opening a HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT event? Last I checked it was all about Bill's legacy, not Hillary's future. Sure some, liberals voted for Bush, but not many. That's like when some conservatives voted for Kerry. It happens in every election. There's also such people who consider themselves "independent" as I'm sure you know.
Calma downa, U-2-D! No one said that it was =primarily= a Hillary-for-President event. Let's not U overdo "The Twist" too much. However, it necessarily served that purpose, too. In case U don't know -- though I suspect that U do -- since Election Day everything that Hillary is at has presidential implications. If U listened to some of the comments shown on t.v. and heard on radio such as "This may not be the only CLINTON Presidential Library" or "The next Clinton Library may be located much closer to home (New York)", etc., etc., I know U catch the not-so-underlining drift! Who wouldn't? Ask BILL if he'd like his wife to be the next prez!

P.S. U'd never know this was a file on Johnny Edwards' presidential prospects? It doesn't look good 4-U, Senator.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:17 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall

P.S. U'd never know this was a file on Johnny Edwards' presidential prospects? It doesn't look good 4-U, Senator.
After reading the interview with Elizabeth Edwards in People magazine, it looks like Edwards may be leaving politics. They're leaving Washington and moving back to North Carolina. With two small kids to raise they may be re-assessing their priorities as any ordinary couple might do when they are facing this much adversity.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

What verte said.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:11 PM   #143
The Fly

"The End of The Road"

Edwards not being a future candidate was also quoted on FNC's "The Political Grapevine".

Let's presume that this will be "The End" of this file....
Old 11-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

One of the coolest things mentioned in the People magazine article was the get-well card for Elizabeth from Dick and Lynne Cheney. At the end of the day parents realize what they have in common more than they do any differences they may have.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

elizabeth
Old 11-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

I loved on the Today Show the way he talked about her, what a great love and friendship they seem to have. Such respect for each other too.

They're lucky, and I hope they can have many more years together.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah they were great on the today show. I'll miss them as they're no longer in the spotlight. (I remember going through Edwards withdrawal between his pulling out in the primaries and the VP announcement)
Old 11-21-2004, 05:51 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

I'll miss them too but I'll bet John wants something a little more low-key considering the situation they're in now. There's no way in hell you can be in politics and "take it easy", which is probably what the doctor's orders are for Elizabeth.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:42 AM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

After reading the interview with Elizabeth Edwards in People magazine, it looks like Edwards may be leaving politics. They're leaving Washington and moving back to North Carolina. With two small kids to raise they may be re-assessing their priorities as any ordinary couple might do when they are facing this much adversity.
It's really sick and disgusting that some people treat her cancer as a political issue. Policies are meant to be disliked, but people don't exist just to be hated.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, cancer shouldn't be a political issue. It's really unfortunate that Elizabeth has this to deal with. I'm sure they'll be OK, they've been though alot and hopefully have many wonderful years together ahead of them.