The Official "I Voted!" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you have to be a resident of PA and maybe a citizen. I didn't want to totally throw my vote away:wink: Oh, wait. Santorum doesn't have a primary home in Pennsylvania. Shit, I should have voted for Neil.

(I only kick kittens when I'm listening to Santorum commercials)

Liesje said:
YES to make it harder for the gov't to seize private property, and YES for more money to adjust teachers' pensions for inflation.

I definitely agree with you on these.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I voted using a touch screen for the first time. :ohmy:

All Democrats for me.

:ohmy: :ohmy: .....was it..........:eek:....scary?!
been hearing about all their problems .......natural & UNnatural...since 2000.:madspit:

voted:D
I've hardly ever missed a vote, even if sometimes i don't know enough [ :tsk: usually it's the judges i know least about] to vote for a particial office, or sometimes can't decide on a initiative/article etc.

THANK GOODNESS, there was NOT a single initiative/article etc to WORRY over. :eek: we have enough to think about in the broad picture, right now.!

I've voted [& campaigned for] for 2 Republicans in my entire{so far} life, almost always vote/campaign for Democratic Party, in reccent years split my tix/same people but on the Working Families Party {nyc}.

i slipped some flyers under my neighbors apartmentts about HIGH TURNOUT in order for the Dems to win.

And put up some "Voting Problems?-call # ___ ______ "flyers near my local polling place.

and bought PTA yummy bake sale goodies too! I'm usually late so there are no goodies left. SO i contributed to two fgood causes today!

Dreadsox said:
Voted this morning....number twenty two in my precinct.

And I did not vote for a single major party candidate.

Not sure where in MA you live but all the unopposed downballot races - did you blank them or write in? And what no vote for Kennedy?

Definitely voted!

Strangest ballot I've ever seen. And large. You had to draw a line to connect an arrow to your choice. I walked into the book expecting machinery, and all that was there was a black pen. At first I thought I had a bad booth :lol:

I voted weeks ago. I'm in India now watching the results. This may be the first time in my life where it looks like my vote might actually matter. Go Webb! :up:

Why didn't I get a sticker? :mad:

Varitek said:
Not sure where in MA you live but all the unopposed downballot races - did you blank them or write in? And what no vote for Kennedy?

MA is a funny place. In most ways, elections are so uncompetitive that it doesn't matter if you vote for third-party candidates. The Democrats will handily win, no matter what. :wink:

I really liked this letter to the editor that I read in the paper this morning. Now that's appreciating the right to vote.

November 8, 2006

I just couldn't stay at home. I needed to vote. The only problem was that my polling place, in Maryland, was hundreds of miles from my Brookline apartment. I am an absent-minded law student who forgot to request my absentee ballot. I tried to content myself by calling others and encouraging them to vote. I tried to console myself with the fact that my thoughts had at least been registered for the primaries.

But when I woke up Monday and saw that my blue state had turned purple, I knew I had to fly home. I had come to law school to change things; it was my incubation period, my place to learn the basics so that one day I could work to fix all that I see wrong today. In the throes of classes and exams I had forgotten the most important reason for going to school .

As the first American citizen in my family, the ballot is especially profound for me. As I searched for cheap plane tickets , I felt a wave of happiness that I was not just one of the nameless complacent, that I had not totally forgotten the bigger picture. And so I came home, voted, and remembered.

Yep, I voted. The polls were busy but I was in and out within ten minutes. It helped that I was already registered.

I'm happy that Governor Doyle and Senator Kohl were re-elected, but I'm rather upset that the amendment on banning gay marriage went through.

Back
Top Bottom