The official Election Day 2006 thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I predict MA is about to have its' first African American governor-Deval Patrick (he was Assistant Attorney General For Civil Rights in the Clinton administration). And its' first Democratic governor since 1991.

Pretty amazing for such a den of liberal debauchery..

And my greatest hope is that Santorum losses, oh happy day! :hyper:

Last edited:
I suspect that it will be a lot closer than the polls suggested and regardless of the outcome the dems will be disappointed and the repubs will be glad it wasn't worse.

Hopefully the Dems'll be able to take control in the Assembly/Senate in NY. I'm tired of Republican dominated politics trickling down to NYC. :mad:

And recounts, I hope it won't resort to that but meh... with all the prior years, somehow you'll have to expect it coming in one way or another.

We have lots of proposals (shooting doves, banning affirmative action, adjusting teachers' pensions based on inflation/COL, putting more money into parks and rec, etc). I'm not too keen on either candidate for governor here, so I have some research to do...

:censored:

Lots of people (including my roommate and a girl down the hall) haven't been recieving their absentee ballots in time...it's causing a huge problem. People who wanted to vote now won't be able to unless the registrars make some changes :mad:

Liesje said:
We have lots of proposals (shooting doves, banning affirmative action, adjusting teachers' pensions based on inflation/COL, putting more money into parks and rec, etc). I'm not too keen on either candidate for governor here, so I have some research to do...

Oh, for real. I spent a lot of time yesterday reading up on them all - proposals and candidates, that is.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I predict MA is about to have its' first African American governor-Deval Patrick (he was Assistant Attorney General For Civil Rights in the Clinton administration). And its' first Democratic governor since 1991.

Pretty amazing for such a den of liberal debauchery..

And my greatest hope is that Santorum losses, oh happy day! :hyper:

Me too. I proudly worked my ass off for Deval's campaign and I'm so excited to see it paying off. I am probably going to open a bottle of wine to celebrate - and I'm in Europe at the moment so it'll be about 5am here. Yah drinking in the morning!

I predict one upset in Michigan -- either Gov or Senate. I also predict Dems will take one house nationally but not the other.

It's going to be a late night Tuesday night! But it's a key moment in our history. Please, no matter your beliefs, get out and vote, it's our fundamental right as citizens.

U2democrat said:
:censored:

Lots of people (including my roommate and a girl down the hall) haven't been recieving their absentee ballots in time...it's causing a huge problem. People who wanted to vote now won't be able to unless the registrars make some changes :mad:

USE THE FEDERAL ABSENTEE WRITE IN BALLOT. (I trust you to only give it to the dems :wink: ...kidding, everyone should vote.)

Get it here:
http://www.votefromabroad.org/?adid=3DKEVC9990000092001

It sucks because it doesn't have anything on it. You have to fill in all the races so you'll probably miss out on voting for county sheriff or ballot question 14, but it does the trick for Gov, Senate, Congress and anything else you care enough about to know it's on the ballot.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Oh, for real. I spent a lot of time yesterday reading up on them all - proposals and candidates, that is.

Our paper, the Grand Rapids Press, did a little blurb on each proposal, but it ended up being zero help because they didn't give the right info. For example, I was going to vote "no" for MORE money going into the public school (because lack of money isn't the problem), but then my dad explained that most of this money would go back into teachers' salaries and pensions, which have been cut.

It's impossible to find newspapers or websites that simply explain the facts without twisting it towards their own agenda. :mad:

A_Wanderer said:
I suspect that it will be a lot closer than the polls suggested and regardless of the outcome the dems will be disappointed and the repubs will be glad it wasn't worse.

:yes:

Liesje said:

Our paper, the Grand Rapids Press, did a little blurb on each proposal, but it ended up being zero help because they didn't give the right info. For example, I was going to vote "no" for MORE money going into the public school (because lack of money isn't the problem), but then my dad explained that most of this money would go back into teachers' salaries and pensions, which have been cut.

It's impossible to find newspapers or websites that simply explain the facts without twisting it towards their own agenda. :mad:

I had them all written down on a slip of paper, then my mom's boyfriend did some explaining to me so, needless to say, some of my votes were changed, pronto.

Just remember to do this (it DOES count!)

t2867.jpg

I cannot vote because of age. (Damn...)

PA is gonna be a huge mess. Santorum vs. Casey is like Terrell Owens vs. Albert Belle. :yikes:

Stephen Colbert commercial for tomorrow night's show was funny. He said something to the effect of "Tune in tomorrow and watch me find a way to blame Clinton for how this turns out"

redhotswami said:
For VA, I think Webb will take it...but I shudder to think of the results of the ridiculous marriage amendment. I think it might pass...even though I don't want it to :(

it may pass, but it will struggle to get 50% approval.

most homophobic anti-marriage equality initiatives are losing steam as election tools -- they will probably pass in states with little pro-gay infastructure and organization, but not by all that much, and they will look like embarassments written by illiterate bigots in 30 years.

deep said:

good for you

you can be part of history

tell everyone how you helped
throw the corrupt bastards out

:hmm:

i'm not aware of any of the candidates in my district being corrupt bastards...

i don't want to think what'll happen if the GOP gov candidate wins though :shudder:

the rockin edge said:

:hmm:

i'm not aware of any of the candidates in my district being corrupt bastards...

They are politicians -- they are ALL corrupt bastards. :grumpy:

You aren't voting for the best, you are voting for one who will f**k up the least:wink:

Back
Top Bottom