The official Election Day 2006 thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
South Dakota abortion ban has been rejected. Great news!

U2democrat said:

Maybe...but i know at less than .5% the state pays for the recount process.

Yeah, they do, but I think the loser still has to request it. It's just a formality, though.

Kind of crazy, but with 99% of the votes counted, Webb is ahead in Virginia.

Webb
1,141,052 50%

Allen
(Incumbent)
1,138,676 49%

Parker
25,512 1%

I wonder what it will end up?

<going to bed now...it's looking like the Dems will have a very comfortable cushion in the House...ABC is saying between 25-38 seats will be how much the Dems will have control by

:wave:

U2democrat said:

Pretty much...but it looks to be so close that absentee ballots will definitely be counted.
It pays off to be a :nerd: sometimes :lol:

Haha it sure does! I used to be in your shoes. I was poli-sci when I was in undergrad. Those were the good ol days. But now I've forgotten everything.

Last edited:
Nancy Pelosi has the Renee Zellweger squishy face perfected!!:wink:

this must mean that all of the American people disagree with everything president Bush has ever done and especially everything that has ever happened since we invaded in Iraq.

i mean, just to use the logic of some posters in here.

i am so freaking tired. been filming all week nonstop in pittsburgh, two days back at the office, then another week up in rhode island.

:crack:

still, nice news to come home to.

almost.

Memphis and i have decided that if/when we move in, we won't be living in Virginia. we'll take our talents and taxes elsewhere.

Irvine511 said:
this must mean that all of the American people disagree with everything president Bush has ever done and especially everything that has ever happened since we invaded in Iraq.

You forgot to add that Nancy Pelosi has a MANDATE to do whatever she wants.

And if macaca, Mr. Burns and Talent fall, then so does Harry Reid.

Irvine511 said:

On nightly news tonight they polled ppl and like 60something% people said they were voting in opposition to Bush.

Irvine511 said:
i am so freaking tired. been filming all week nonstop in pittsburgh, two days back at the office, then another week up in rhode island.

:crack:

still, nice news to come home to.

almost.

Memphis and i have decided that if/when we move in, we won't be living in Virginia. we'll take our talents and taxes elsewhere.

NO! Stay in DC! I'll be back there in a few months, and we can get the parties started :rockon:

Well, look at Rhode Island. The polls showed the incumbent had a high approval rating, he voted against the war, against the tax cuts but he got the boot because the people wanted a change in direction.

Of course, how much change depends on that doofus in the White House since he is the decider.:wink:

on another note, i think that no matter which party you support, divided government is good for the country -- look at the 1990s, which is looking more and more like a golden era.

one party rule is destructive to the country, and to that particular party, no matter which one.

after 6 years of darkness, America appears to be back on track.

redhotswami said:

NO! Stay in DC! I'll be back there in a few months, and we can get the parties started :rockon:

oh, DC is cool, we just won't be in NoVa, no matter how nice Arlington and Alexandria are.

Back
Top Bottom