The official Election Day 2006 thread! - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #391
War Child

Local Time: 12:46 PM
The Bin Laden tape released in 2004 prior to the elecction was judged by goverment agencies to be a calculated boost for Bush. They like our presence in Iraq, it's great for recruitment. There must have been plans for a scary response to the election's outcome, no matter who won the day.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:46 AM
There should have been a recount in Virginia
and perhaps Montana, too.

Allen let down his supporters.

In an election that close a recount would have been reasonable.

It most likely would not have changed the outcome.

And this is what Allen and Webb should have said.

But, why not validate the system is working properly.

That a what? .003 per cent win did occure.

Let the 7000 vote margin of victory be validated.

what if a recount swung 5000 votes different, in either direction.

Allen still wins, but we know we have a problem?

And what if the recount only has a 29 vote difference, we know the system is working fairly well.

Why not find out???

Old 11-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

I don't know if you are clueless or just ignorant of the facts in 1980

but, the Iranian revolutionaries were very happy with Reagan's election, they called Carter the great Satan.

Reagan went on to trade arms for hostages with them, too.

So Reagan was very good for the Ayatollah.
I don't doubt that they called him "The Great Satan". They call America in general the "Great Satan" all the time. And if you don't know that, you are the clueless one.

I don't see how that proves they were happy Reagan became President.

And it also does nothing to disprove what I said about the current election; Al Qaeda is happy the Dems are in power because they feel it will benefit them.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by najeena
The Bin Laden tape released in 2004 prior to the elecction was judged by goverment agencies to be a calculated boost for Bush. They like our presence in Iraq, it's great for recruitment. There must have been plans for a scary response to the election's outcome, no matter who won the day.
Government Agencies said that Al Qaeda released that audio tape to help Bush win the election? Where's the source for that claim?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #395
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

And still no one has given me any other possible explanation for the reason Iraqi Al Qaeda are happy that the Dems are in power.
And there never will be another explanation because you all know I'm right. You may not agree with me that National Security will suffer under the Dems, but using your common sense, you know Al Qaeda agrees with me on that point, and that is why they rejoice over the Dems getting power.
This is what they do. They taunt, this is part of the role of terrorists strike terror. In any form. Regardless of Rummy staying in or out they would have made a comment. Don't fool yourself into thinking any different. They said the same thing when Bush was re-elected.

There are two lie that the GOP has sold you all very well for the last decade; that they are the only party that can defend the country, and that they are the moral party. Both are lies and I'm glad some came to realize that this time around.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #396
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

This is what they do. They taunt, this is part of the role of terrorists strike terror. In any form. Regardless of Rummy staying in or out they would have made a comment. Don't fool yourself into thinking any different.
I didn't say anything about Rumsfeld leaving. I said the terrorists are happy the Dems are in power. Statements by the Iraqi Al Qaeda leader and an Iranian Ayatollah prove that.

Quote:
They said the same thing when Bush was re-elected.
They didn't congratulate the American people for electing Bush. You know that.

Quote:
There are two lie that the GOP has sold you all very well for the last decade; that they are the only party that can defend the country,
No, it's not the GOP that has convined me that the Dems can't run the war on terror. It is the stances the Dems have taken on certain issues that have shown me they are unwilling to do what's necessary.

Quote:
and that they are the moral party.
As far as my most important moral issue is concerned, the GOP IS the moral party. The GOP platform is to stop the killing of innocent babies; the Dem politicians want women to retain the right to kill their babies, some liberal judges even going so far as to overturn a ban on partial birth abortion, that Satanic procedure in which the baby's body is pulled out of the mother and the head is crushed while still in the mother. If it seems I'm angry, it's because I am. This slaughter of innocent babies has got to stop!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #397
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I didn't say anything about Rumsfeld leaving. I said the terrorists are happy the Dems are in power. Statements by the Iraqi Al Qaeda leader and an Iranian Ayatollah prove that.
Either way, they are going to taunt. This is what they do. You obviously weren't here in FYM during the last election.

Quote:

They didn't congratulate the American people for electing Bush. You know that.

Sure about that?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #398
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:46 PM
I don't think it's wise to be voting based on what Islamists say or threaten; and that cuts both ways.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #399
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Exactly!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #400
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

As far as my most important moral issue is concerned, the GOP IS the moral party.
Ask yourself why when having the majority there wasn't a push to ban abortion. A stance means nothing without action.

The truth is many say they are against but will never push anything because deep down they want the choice when their daughters, wives, or sisters get raped or their life is in danger.

But I guess they're just satanists...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I don't think it's wise to be voting based on what Islamists say or threaten; and that cuts both ways.
Who is talking about voting based on what Islamists say?

I said that the Islamist are gald the Dems are in power.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Ask yourself why when having the majority there wasn't a push to ban abortion. A stance means nothing without action.

They knew they didn't have enough support at the time to overturn Roe v. Wade in one swoop, so they were taking steps in that direction:

(1) Partial Birth Abortion banned (even though a lib judge overturned it)
(2) Parental Notice adopted by some states
(3) South Dakota Governor banned all abortions

All of these causes were championed by the GOP

Quote:
The truth is many say they are against but will never push anything because deep down they want the choice when their daughters, wives, or sisters get raped or their life is in danger
But I guess they're just satanists...
Why do you mock my use of the term "Satanic" when describing Partial Birth Abortion? How else would you decsribe the crushing of the skull of a baby who is so close to full term? It's barbarism, plain and simple.

Partial Birth Abortion is never necessary. Many doctors have said that:

"There are no medical circumstances in which a partial-birth abortion is the only safe alternative. We take care of pregnant women who are very sick, and babies who are very sick, and we never perform partial-birth abortions. . . . There are plenty of alternatives. . . . This is clearly a procedure no obstetrician needs to do." F. Boehm, Dr. OB, Vanderbilt U. Med. The Washington Times, May 6, 1966, p. A1

Dr. Warren Hern, author of the late term abortion medical text said, "I would dispute any statement that this is the safest procedure to use. The procedure can cause amniotic fluid embolism or placental abruption." AMA News, Nov. 20, 1995, p. 3

Dr. Pamela Smith, Director of Medical Education, Dept. of Ob-Gyn at Mt. Sinai Hospital in Chicago, has stated: "There are absolutely no obstetrical situations encountered in this country which would require partial- birth abortion to preserve the life or health of the mother." And she adds two more risks: cervical incompetence in subsequent pregnancies caused by three days of forceful dilation of the cervix, and uterine rupture caused by rotating the fetus in the womb.

Joseph DeCook, Fellow, Am. Col., Ob/Gyn, founder of PHACT (Physicians Ad Hoc Coalition for Truth), stated: "There is no literature that testifies to the safety of partial birth abortions. It’s a maverick procedure devised by maverick doctors who wish to deliver a dead fetus. Such abortions could lead to infection causing sterility." Also, "Drawing out the baby in breech position is a very dangerous procedure and could tear the uterus. Such a ruptured uterus could cause the mother to bleed to death in ten minutes.".."The puncturing of the child’s skull produces bone shards that could puncture the uterus." (Congressman Charles Canady (R-FL), 7/23).
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #403
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
As far as my most important moral issue is concerned, the GOP IS the moral party. The GOP platform is to stop the killing of innocent babies; the Dem politicians want women to retain the right to kill their babies, some liberal judges even going so far as to overturn a ban on partial birth abortion, that Satanic procedure in which the baby's body is pulled out of the mother and the head is crushed while still in the mother. If it seems I'm angry, it's because I am. This slaughter of innocent babies has got to stop!
Interesting that you bring this up. What I think is the one of the most deceptive things the GOP does is to call itself the Moral Party. I can't stand how Bush adopted the pope's "culture of life" term, and he only applies that to one issue.

For me, being pro life includes a heck of a lot more than abortion. What about all the innocent black men who have died at the archaic death penalty that STILL exists? What about all those on death row? There's innocent loss of life there for sure.

My pro life continues beyond birth, which it seems to me is what the GOP primary focuses on. Did you know that more abortions tend to occur when a republican is in power? That's because less money is going into social services, because he wants to put most of it in military spending. And honestly, if you really wanna get rid of abortion, then elect more republicans into the supreme court, because they are the ones who are in charge of the court decisions.

How about after the children are born?? The public education system can really use some help. No child left behind my ass. Most people in the k-12 field can tell you the horrors that has brought about. How is that pro-life?

Oh gosh and the environment is a mess. The GOP's policies are killing it off. But yet they want to force women to have babies and make them live in this mess???

Fetuses are dying, but honestly, after they are born, the GOP's policies do very little to protect their lives. How about raising the minimum wage instead of those worthless tax cuts? Again, lets look at the big picture here about making life better for citizens.

Oh and last but certainly not least, the war in Iraq. Even JP2, from which Bush took the "culture of life" theme, warned him, telling him that launching that pre-emptive strike would be opening the gates of hell. How is going to war like that promoting a culture of life????

So, I'm pro-life too, but that includes beyond birth. The GOP has done a great job on uniting on that issue, but really, they need to be consistent if they want to keep with such a powerful theme as "culture of life". I on the otherhand, am not going to force women to have babies, especially since the gov't does little to follow through with protecting the child. We need to clean up our environment, fix up this problem with the war, revamp our education system, and abolish that damn death penalty.

Taking these into effect, the Dems are the moral party IMHO.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Sure about that?
If you can find me even one quote from a terrorist in which joy is expressed that Bush was elected, I will publically admit I was wrong.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #405
War Child

Local Time: 12:46 PM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200610310011
As Media Matters for America has noted, the CIA reportedly determined that bin Laden's intention was to assist in the re-election of President Bush.