The nightmare that is Hillary and her supporters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say go ahead, give the White House to the Republicans FOREVER!!!

That would take a constitutional amendment with 37 states ratifying.

I don't think that is likely.

Also, for it to be valid, there would have to be a date certain.

FOREVER!!! would not past legal muster.

Something like ONE THOUSAND YEARS!!! could. :shrug:

That would take a constitutional amendment with 37 states ratifying.

I don't think that is likely.

Also, for it to be valid, there would have to be a date certain.

FOREVER!!! would not past legal muster.

Something like ONE THOUSAND YEARS!!! could. :shrug:

Like the "Thousand year Reich"

Goodness, I hope that no one would not wish that, but I doubt if she is being considered.

I think Senator Obama may already have someone else in mind. A person he could better work with.

I sense a lot of animosity in this forum towards Hillary and I keep wondering if it's objective. I know that the majority of people here support Obama and perhaps that is why some of you feel you have to go against Hillary at all cost.

I know that Bill Clinton was a great president for you guys and I don't see why the fact that his wife was running for president isn't seen as something positive because it will most probably be in the same vein as her husband's term.

These issues should matter to everyone in the world even if they're not US citizens because hey, let's face it, the US president has the power to decide when a bomb or a "liberation" will happen in my backyard here in Honduras or anywhere else on the planet.

Harry Vest expends a lot of energy in using his voice on this topic, which is cool. By an accident of birth, I have both a voice and a vote. I'm not going to Denver. I'm not a "member" of PUMA. And I don't think that demonstrations are usually effective without extraordinary numbers, which I don't see happening here. But I don't mind some chaos. I never minded discord even when my candidate was adversely affected by it. I'm consistent in that. You don't give up your voice when the primaries are over. It continues through the whole process. And if it causes some discomfort, that's the price of democracy.

I don't even know what PUMA is, other than a sneaker/athletic company

And I don't think animosity towards Sen Clinton in this forum has much to do with support for Senator Obama. But of course she (and her husband) are such evil creatures that they would hope for the assassination of Sen Obama.

I think this was already discussed in the election thread, but whatever

In the election thread, yeah, but this topic deserves its own thread 100 threads.

I think one part of democracy is to accept the majority decision. Of course, these primaries are special in that two states couldn't take part, however that was agreed upon commonly before it became significant.
Many people have a sound reasoning on why they still support Clinton over Obama, but I'm afraid many of the loudest PUMA voices (they've even passed flyer here in Berlin) are just rather not going to accept the outcome just because it isn't their candidate.

PUMA is a little excessive. Technically, Obama is not yet the nominee so I don't have any problem with some pressure being exerted on behalf of Hillary to turn it. A challenge is within the rules. Again, technically, she can still be the nominee although she won't be. Once the vote comes through, especially if Michigan and Florida are fully represented but even if they aren't, I fully accept Obama as the legitimate nominee. To challenge him as the nominee beyond that point is counterproductive. But up to that point, he is fair game. Hell, it wasn't so long ago that a sitting President was challenged at the convention.

I think a case can be made that lack of unity hurts the party. I don't think that it hurts democracy.

Back
Top Bottom