The New Gender Wage Gap - Against Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: oh noes

martha said:

Where's that ignore button? :hmm:

Yes, I can imagine it's tough listening to a point of view outside of whatever Andrea Dworking tracts that form your usual staple.

Re: Re: Re: Re: oh noes

financeguy said:

You are a nasty bigot, a liar and a hypocrite.

You are not fit to be allowed near children, with your nasty bigotted attitudes.

:hmm: To report, or to allow to be discovered?

There's no evidence to support his claims, so clearly this poster doesn't share his gender's mastery of logic and science.

I point out that women were only allowed in a particular college 37 years ago, and I get called all sorts of well-spelled epithets.

Clearly, the uppityness of women has driven this poster over the edge. I imagine that only a vacation to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan would soothe and restore his wearied male fortitude; some time in a country where women know their place will help.

anitram said:

I think that is an interesting point. At the same time, a good question would be whether today's generation of boys is somehow different than the one even 20 years ago, when they were still dominating university admissions and professional programs. These are good sociological studies to pursue.

I was going to make this point after Sandy and I returned from the park. Did this train of thought only develop when girls started getting accepted to universities that would finally allow them to apply?

martha said:

I was going to make this point after Sandy and I returned from the park. Did this train of thought only develop when girls started getting accepted to universities that would finally allow them to apply?

my guess is that girls started outperforming boys when more opportunities became available to them and they began to have career role models -- doctors, scientists, astronauts -- that weren't available to my mother, who was told by her parents that she could be a nurse, a teacher, or a secretary.

i'm still quite curious about the achievement gap in GPA between girls and boys, one that didn't exist, i don't think, 20-30 years ago.

but since this has nothing to do with the articles, i'm happy to drop this line of thought out of respect for the original intent of the thread.

Irvine511 said:
but since this has nothing to do with the articles, i'm happy to drop this line of thought out of respect for the original intent of the thread.

I don't have any respect for the original intent of this thread anymore, so we might as well discuss something legitimate. :shrug:

Well, I have reported the insults directed at me and mispresentation of my point of view that went on in the thread, I assume that action will be taken in due course.

It doesnt matter, both of you are wrong and warnings have been issued, unfortunately for finance guy he has already received numerous warnings in the past for this forum and action will be taken.

Martha this is also a formal warning for you and I suggest you use the ignore feature as you've stated.

martha said:
Most of the mods are women. :giggle:

Yes and that explains a lot. Seems all the banned folks in here are (were?) guys...hmm. [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom