The New Freedom Fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Iran renames Danish pastries after prophet

TEHRAN, Iran - Not content with pelting European embassies with Molotov cocktails to protest against cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, Iranians have decided to rename the “Danish pastries” relished by this nation of cake lovers.

From now on, the sweet, flaky pastries which dominate the shelves in Iran’s cake shops will be known as “Roses of the Prophet Muhammad,” the official IRNA news agency reported as pressure on Denmark over the cartoons took on a new dimension.

You can't draw Mohammed, but you can eat him.

I wonder how he taste. Not good, since he has been dead for over a thousand years.

Justin24 said:
I wonder how he taste. Not good, since he has been dead for over a thousand years.

Some things taste better with age.:wink:

amazing the similarities between countries run by war-obsessed religious fanatics with contempt and disdain for those who dare question how they go about "defending" themselves ...

(kidding ... mostly)

;)

My Greek mother, while despising the current Iranian regime, pointed out that "Danish" pastry actually comes from Persian pastry anyway. (Though first invented by the Greeks, of course :wink: ). I checked a couple culinary encyclopedias on this, and she is right. Here is the chronology:

Greek phyllo-->Persian filo-->Turkish yufka-->Ottoman Hungarian strudel-->Austro-Hungarian Viennese puff pastry-->Danish pastry

:drool: I think I'm going to pull out some rosewater and cardamom and make a tray of baklava right now. What could be more romantic?

:lol: And then there's all those naughty-sounding Spanish pastries...angel's breasts, nun's tummies...

Back
Top Bottom