The Nativity Story movie - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar



Actually, no you keep avoiding the hell question.
What hell question? I never said that hell was in the core of the earth.



Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I honestly have no problem with this. In fact I believe I stated that this wasn't the issue I had. Yes Christ had a body, but it doesn't mean he has to have one now.
What happened to it between the time that he ascended and now? We know his body didn't die, because Christ did not die a second time. So, why do you assume that he doesn't have one in Heaven, especially in light of the verses that tell us he does still have one?
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


I honestly have no problem with this. In fact I believe I stated that this wasn't the issue I had. Yes Christ had a body, but it doesn't mean he has to have one now.
But wait, that verse is written at a time after the ascension. It was written in present tense, so we know that after Christ went back to heaven, he still had a body. So, why would he not still have one now?
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,489
Local Time: 08:09 PM
are physical bodies much use in heaven?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #94
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 02:09 AM
How do places and bodies "exist" outside of time and space?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
are physical bodies much use in heaven?
They must be of some use. Jesus Christ has one in Heaven.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
How do places and bodies "exist" outside of time and space?
That's something that I would assume only God knows the answer to. After all, he is the one who isn't bound by the laws of physics or man's wisdom.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 08:09 PM
I confess I haven't read this whole thread yet. I'm on my very short lunch break, so I'll come back later. But I just had to say. I saw the thread title, read the first couple posts, and I was like "How on earth did this thread turn into multiple pages. Where is the controversy?" And then about page two, I realized "Ohhhhh. . . okay."
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #98
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


What hell question? I never said that hell was in the core of the earth.
But by your logic and literal interpretation, it would have to be, right?




Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

What happened to it between the time that he ascended and now? We know his body didn't die, because Christ did not die a second time. So, why do you assume that he doesn't have one in Heaven, especially in light of the verses that tell us he does still have one?
How is it you can accept the idea of God and Heaven existing beyond the laws of physics and our known dimensions, but the fact that Jesus would have no use for a body is beyond you?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


But wait, that verse is written at a time after the ascension. It was written in present tense, so we know that after Christ went back to heaven, he still had a body. So, why would he not still have one now?
No one was there with him after the ascension, so anyone's telling of this is just their speculation.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


But by your logic and literal interpretation, it would have to be, right?
If the Bible specifically says that Hell is in the core of the Earth, I believe it.


Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


How is it you can accept the idea of God and Heaven existing beyond the laws of physics and our known dimensions, but the fact that Jesus would have no use for a body is beyond you?
because both ideas (God being beyond the laws of physics and Jesus having a body in Heaven) are presented in the the Bible.

Let me turn that question around on you.

Do you accept that God is not bound by the laws of physics? If so, then why do you not accept that there might be a use for Christ to have a perfect physical body in heaven?
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


No one was there with him after the ascension, so anyone's telling of this is just their speculation.
Actually someone was brought up into Heaven to be with Jesus, but it wasn't Paul. It was John the Revelator.

The Bible tells us that it is the word of God, and that it is God-breathed. The words are God's; the scribe is man. That's the way that someone could know that Christcurrently has a body.

Paul wrote that Christ is in bodily form. I believe that every word in the Bible is true. If you do not believe that every word in the Bible is true, than we don't have any common ground on which to base our discussion, and neither of us will ever be convinced of the other's position.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #102
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


If the Bible specifically says that Hell is in the core of the Earth, I believe it.
You're avoiding the question. The Bible states several times when mentioning hell the word 'descent'. So, if we are taking everything literally, it must be below our feet as we speak, right?



Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


because both ideas (God being beyond the laws of physics and Jesus having a body in Heaven) are presented in the the Bible.

Let me turn that question around on you.

Do you accept that God is not bound by the laws of physics? If so, then why do you not accept that there might be a use for Christ to have a perfect physical body in heaven?
That question doesn't make sense, because if he is beyond the laws of physics a physical body would be useless.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


If you do not believe that every word in the Bible is true, than we don't have any common ground on which to base our discussion, and neither of us will ever be convinced of the other's position.

This is true.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Quote:
I believe that every word in the Bible is true. If you do not believe that every word in the Bible is true, than we don't have any common ground on which to base our discussion
this was the argument in the scopes trial


with this belief

does one believe that

the earth is just a few thousand years old?
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
coemgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Black and White Town
Posts: 3,962
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Where does Paul say Christ has a physical body in heaven?

Sorry if you've already posted this.
__________________

__________________
coemgen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com