The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let's give Fox credit,
I had 3 networks on, I went back with the DVR and Fox called it for Obama first by several minutes. That was objective. Rove lost it because only after that did the other networks follow. The Fox brain trust? room, would not back down or be intiminated by Rove.

Win for Fox News credibility, fair first and balanced. :up:

That's not true. NBC definitely called it first - it was fairly obvious if you were following Twitter. I wasn't sure about the exact order so I looked it up. Here it is:

NBC — 11:12 p.m.
MSNBC — 11:12 p.m.
CBS — 11:16 p.m.
Fox — 11:16 p.m.
CNN — 11:18 p.m.
Fox News — 11:18 p.m.
The Daily Show — 11:21 p.m.
ABC — 11:23 p.m.
The Colbert Report — 11:35 p.m.

The times each network called the election for Obma | PopWatch | EW.com

When the moment came, sure Fox did okay (I mean, if you consider chasing down their data team because Karl Rove might throw a tantrum to be journalism par excellence). But leading up to that they had all manner of pundits proclaiming a potential landslide for Romney. How many times did they have Dick "I've never been right in my life" Morris on? Not to mention the narrative they formed quite early for their viewers that Obama is a radical extremist destroying the fabric of American society.

What yesterday should have been (but of course won't be, even in the face of such drastic cognitive dissonance) was the bursting of the sealed-from-reality conservative media bubble.

So Dick does see the changing demographics, but he also blames Governor Christie and Hurricane Sandy.

I’ve got egg on my face. I predicted a Romney landslide and, instead, we ended up with an Obama squeaker.
The key reason for my bum prediction is that I mistakenly believed that the 2008 surge in black, Latino, and young voter turnout would recede in 2012 to “normal” levels. Didn’t happen. These high levels of minority and young voter participation are here to stay. And, with them, a permanent reshaping of our nation’s politics.
In 2012, 13% of the vote was cast by blacks. In 04, it was 11%. This year, 10% was Latino. In ’04 it was 8%. This time, 19% was cast by voters under 30 years of age. In ’04 it was 17%. Taken together, these results swelled the ranks of Obama’s three-tiered base by five to six points, accounting fully for his victory.
I derided the media polls for their assumption of what did, in fact happen: That blacks, Latinos, and young people would show up in the same numbers as they had in 2008. I was wrong. They did.
But the more proximate cause of my error was that I did not take full account of the impact of hurricane Sandy and of Governor Chris Christie’s bipartisan march through New Jersey arm in arm with President Obama. Not to mention Christe’s fawning promotion of Obama’s presidential leadership.
It made all the difference.
A key element of Romney’s appeal, particularly after the first debate, was his ability to govern with Democrats in Massachusetts. Obama’s one-party strident approach, so much the opposite of what he pledged in his first national speech in 2004, had turned voters off. But by working seamlessly with an acerbic Republican Governor like Christie, Obama was able to blunt Romney’s advantage in this crucial area.
Sandy, in retrospect, stopped Romney’s post-debate momentum. She was, indeed, the October Surprise. She also stopped the swelling concern over the murders in Benghazi and let Obama get away with his cover-up in which he pretended that a terrorist attack was, in fact, just a spontaneous demonstration gone awry.
Obama is the first president in modern times to win re-election by a smaller margin than that by which he was elected in the first place. McKinley, Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, and Clinton all increased their re-election vote share significantly. Obama’s dropped from a 7 point margin over McCain to a 1 point margin over Romney.
That he could get re-elected despite his dismal record is a tribute to his brilliant campaign staff and the shifting demographics of America. This is not your father’s United States and the Republican tilt toward white middle aged and older voters is ghettoizing the party so that even bad economic times are not enough to sway the election.
By the time you finish with the various demographic groups the Democrats win, you almost have a majority in their corner. Count them: Blacks cast 13% of the vote and Obama won them 12-1. Latinos cast 10% and Obama carried them by 7-3. Under 30 voters cast 19% of the vote and Obama swept them by 12-7. Single white women cast 18% of the total vote and Obama won them by 12-6. There is some overlap among these groups, of course, but without allowing for any, Obama won 43-17 before the first married white woman or man over 30 cast their vote. (Lets guess that if we eliminate duplication, the Obama margin would be 35-13) Having conceded these votes, Romney would have had to win over two-thirds of the rest of the vote to win. He almost did. But not quite.
If Romney couldn’t manage this trick against Obama in the current economy, no Republican could....

One of my favorite tweets from last night:

"Republicans should feel betrayed by a conservative media that told them what they wanted to hear instead of what was happening."

The Atlantic has a story on this.

How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM and Failed the Rank and File - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

I know a lot of conservatives who were blindsided by this. My own Mother just last week was telling me that Romney was going to win comfortably and another family friend cite Dick Morris. I countered with Nate Silver, but they responded that his numbers were wrong. :doh:

Going into yesterday I was confident. I still got all nervous as the returns started to come in, but when MI and PA were called, I knew it was over because they went just as the 538 model said.

"I’ve got egg on my face. I predicted a Romney landslide and, instead, we ended up with an Obama squeaker."

That was more than a squeaker, Mr. Morris. But I understand that you have difficulty interpreting data.

That's not true. NBC definitely called it first - it was fairly obvious if you were following Twitter. I wasn't sure about the exact order so I looked it up. Here it is:

NBC — 11:12 p.m.
MSNBC — 11:12 p.m.
CBS — 11:16 p.m.
Fox — 11:16 p.m.
CNN — 11:18 p.m.
Fox News — 11:18 p.m.
The Daily Show — 11:21 p.m.
ABC — 11:23 p.m.
The Colbert Report — 11:35 p.m.

The times each network called the election for Obma | PopWatch | EW.com

I think Fox called it first
they called it at 8:13 pm
CNN called it at 8:18 pm
ABC called it at 8:24 pm

Just to make this clear, as I have no agenda than to say what my own eyes told me. I have TWC where I have two tuners that I can switch back and forth and reverse to see when each network made the official call. I watched those and made a note. Then went to a second tv I had on that runs through a TIVO that can be backed up and played, I watched that network and made a note when it made the official call. All three of these come in on my cable that have a menu with time on it.

That is how I did my report on the three networks and when they called it.

I will say the writer of the article agrees with me on ABC and CNN, She clearly lies on Fox News, by 5 minutes, not a reasonable margin of error (one minute) Based on that I don't trust her calls the two she says were before the FOX NEWS call I saw at 8:13 that she claims came in 1 minute earlier on MSNBC. Twitter really, not really worth discussing. Since many twitter tweats are just plain bullshit.

So his prediction of Romney 325 : Obama 213 is a "landslide" but the outcome of (including Florida) Obama 332 : Romney 201 is a "squeaker".

What an intellectually dishonest troll.

I will say the writer of the article agrees with me on ABC and CNN, She clearly lies on Fox News, by 5 minutes, not a reasonable margin of error (one minute) Based on that I don't trust her calls the two she says were before the FOX NEWS call I saw at 8:13 that she claims came in 1 minute earlier on MSNBC. Twitter really, not really worth discussing. Since many twitter tweats are just plain bullshit.

Then you also disagree with all of these:

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

NBC News First To Call Obama's Re-Election

Obama Wins Re-Election; NBC News First to Call - 2012-11-07 04:45:24 | Broadcasting & Cable

NBC News Declares Obama Winner of 2012 Presidential Election - Hollywood Reporter

Just to make this clear, as I have no agenda than to say what my own eyes told me. I have TWC where I have two tuners that I can switch back and forth and reverse to see when each network made the official call. I watched those and made a note. Then went to a second tv I had on that runs through a TIVO that can be backed up and played, I watched that network and made a note when it made the official call. All three of these come in on my cable that have a menu with time on it.

That is how I did my report on the three networks and when they called it.

I was in a newsroom that was literally waiting to see someone to call it (because we do not have our own polling data). Fox was not first. NBC was.

I can't say about NBC, as I posted I had CNN, ABC and Fox or FOX NEWS on cable DVR. My post was about those 3.

And that other list is not true. Posting what blog writers say, especially since many of them take the lead from one source that could be wrong and then just keep reporting it and then claim multiple sources is something anyone that wants to be credible or not considered lazy or just wanting to find stuff that supports their position should not do.

I was hoping I could find a video of Fox with a time stamp on it.
I did find this.

FoxNewsInsider ‏@FoxNewsInsider

Fox News Projects President Obama Wins Ohio http://soc.li/MGkSSRF #election2012 #ohio
Hide summary

Retweet
Favorite

LIVE UPDATES: Fox News Projects President Obama Wins Ohio - Fox News...

UPDATE, 11:15p ET: Fox News can now project that President Obama will win the crucial battleground state of Ohio, which has long been considered a harbinger for the nation. With 18 electoral votes,...
FoxNewsInsider @FoxNewsInsider ·

I do conceed my numbers could easily by one number off, When I am hitting rewind to make a note, when does it switch form 13 to 14? What is the official time to hit the stopwatch. I don't count when commentators say it looks like Obama gets Ohio, that would make it official. There is a tradition when each network says "Ok, WE are calling it now! We project that so and so will win the state of 'such' and with that will be the next president.

So if I wrote 8:13 it may have been 8:14, but not 8:18.

no
this seems to be one of those little pointless pissing contest that come up from time to time that I usually do not respond to, my mistake

I just saw the clip earlier with Rove trying to protest the Ohio thing, and the question posed to him about "math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better".

That was truly one of the funniest, most amazing things ever. Oh. My. God.

Also, Fox News? Maybe it's time to finally admit that people voted for Obama not because they think they're "entitled" to things, or because they're "brainwashed", or because they belong to some demographic he was likely going to win anyway, or the media was working for him, or whatever theories you've spun up over the years to try and explain this situation.

Maybe it's time to finally admit that people voted for Obama because they genuinely like him. Either that, or because your party has some serious problems with its far-right aspects that most find kind of frightening (you know, take some of that personal responsiblity you're so fond of harping on about?).

Women, blacks and Hispanics WANT THINGS. So is it 50 or 47?

mediaite.com

During Fox News’ election analysis, Bill O’Reilly attributed much of the way the race is shaping up to the the country’s changing demographics. Noting that the “white establishment” is the minority, O’Reilly noted that people “want things.” And Obama will give them things.

“It’s a changing country, the demographics are changing,” O’Reilly said. “It’s not a traditional America anymore, and there are 50 percent of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama.”

Twenty years ago, O’Reilly said, Obama would have been “roundly defeated by an establishment candidate” like Romney.

“The white establishment is now the minority,” he added. “The voters, many of them, feel this economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You’re gonna see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things — and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

Women, blacks and Hispanics WANT THINGS. So is it 50 or 47?

mediaite.com

During Fox News’ election analysis, Bill O’Reilly attributed much of the way the race is shaping up to the the country’s changing demographics. Noting that the “white establishment” is the minority, O’Reilly noted that people “want things.” And Obama will give them things.

“It’s a changing country, the demographics are changing,” O’Reilly said. “It’s not a traditional America anymore, and there are 50 percent of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama.”

Twenty years ago, O’Reilly said, Obama would have been “roundly defeated by an establishment candidate” like Romney.

“The white establishment is now the minority,” he added. “The voters, many of them, feel this economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You’re gonna see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things — and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

Yeah, white men never "want things". They are the Atlases who need to shrug.

Bill gets an A+ in assholery.

An A+ in racism.

And an F in being fair and balanced.

Way to go Bill, you are why the GOP is irrelevant.

Bill's right. As a woman, I do want things. I want to be treated with respect and equal to men. I'm sure blacks and Hispanics want to be treated well in this country too.

So yes, we want "things".

I feel sorry for his two kids that they have a wacky dad like him.

White guys want plenty:

Fact-check-Gingrich-on-climate-change-BBM2O2R-x-large.jpg

This guy wants the right to have affairs and divorce all to himself.

Medicare.jpg

This guy wants government out of his free government healthcare :huh:

tea-party-racist-signs-07-white-slavery.jpg

This guy wants his white male dominance back.

Rick-Santorum.jpeg

This guy wants dominance over your womb.

medium_Bill_OReilly_Shut_Up_and_Mad.flv.jpg

And this guy wants you to shut up and give him his tax loopholes back.

donald-trump1.jpg

This guy wants you to take him seriously.

And O' Reilly allegedly wanted to do sexual things involving a loofah, and more that I can't even mention, with a female producer. Settled a sexual harassment lawsuit. Some white guys want freedom to do that kind of stuff, and think they have a right to.

I actually thought O'Reilly had become a comparatively sane voice at that network. Just by comparison to his cohorts. But he's towing that Santa line, for whatever reason(s).

And O' Reilly allegedly wanted to do sexual things involving a loofah, and more that I can't even mention, with a female producer. Settled a sexual harassment lawsuit. Some white guys want freedom to do that kind of stuff, and think they have a right to.

I actually thought O'Reilly had become a comparatively sane voice at that network. Just by comparison to his cohorts. But he's towing that Santa line, for whatever reason(s).

He was only sane in comparison to Glenn Beck.

trojanchick99 said:
He was only sane in comparison to Glenn Beck.

Well definitely, but I'd say in comparison to Hannity too. She's an editorial commentator so I'd add Palin. And Coulter too. Then again the batshit craziest person on the planet looks sane next to her. Whether she's just putting on a show to rake in the dough, or not.

Looks like Bill's loofah broke Interference for a while. He can do all kinds of things with that :D

Well Karl Rove accused President Obama of suppressing the vote. Seriously. He claims that because Obama ran negative ads against Mitt Romney, conservatives didn't vote. :lol:

I guess he was talking to a empty chair, a old republican tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom