The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will ever beat Ronald Reagan using Born in the USA while seemingly having never listened to its lyrics beyond the chorus.

gawker.com

Attempting to make President Obama look really bad, Fox & Friends put up a graphic yesterday comparing the "real unemployment rate" in 2009 versus today.

One tiny problem, though: The graphic, which showed the rate nearly doubling since Obama took office, was actually comparing today's "real unemployment rate" with 2009's official unemployment rate.

The latest official unemployment rate is 8.1 — only 0.3 percent higher, which is not nearly enough to make POTUS look like he's hemorrhaging jobs.

The so-called "real" unemployment figure, which includes part-timers looking for full-time work, currently stands at 14.7 percent and has been steadily declining for the past three years.

After Media Matters pointed out this inconvenient fact, the Fox & Friends co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Gretchen Carlson were forced to acknowledge their error on the air through gritted teeth, naturally making no mention of the impetus for the rare "clarification."

original.jpg

Saw that live. Very disturbing. Shep tried to get them to cut out, but they weren't quick enough.

Just heard about that news earlier, yeah. Fortunate enough to have not seen the actual footage, but wow, I feel for anyone who did. Good move on Smith's part to apologize to the audience like that-I saw the clip of him trying to warn them to stop the tape, he did what he could.

That's the problem with live TV, anything could happen. I worked in live TV news and there was always concern on what could happen on-air. My guess is FNC had a technical problem that caused the live feed to keep going and not stop in time. I wouldn't say FNC deliberately allowed the suicide to be shown on TV - if they did, then they are truly an assholic station. But chances are, a technical problem happened, which does happen a lot during live TV.

Oh, yeah, I agree with you, I certainly don't think this was at all intentional. Just a very unfortunate technical issue.

I can't imagine how tense those kinds of situations must be. In all actuality most of the stuff that sneaks past on live TV probably isn't any worse or offensive than what most people will see or hear in their daily lives. But at the same time, I certainly understand and appreciate the TV crews doing their best to not add to the gawking, or to avoid traumatizing the audience, too (and also to save their own skins to reduce the number of angry calls they'd otherwise get).

I think FOX has become a parody of itself. They've been deteriorating ever since Obama became the Democratic candidate in 2008 and they're way out of control now. Seriously, it has got to be a joke.

I think Kid Rock is doing rallies for Romney this weekend. Bruce is doing them for Obama too.

I just don't even want to read that article, because it makes me want to scream that they're doing that to a hurricane benefit. F them.

I loved the clip of Meat Loaf and Kid Rock at some Romney rally last week

I saw Meat Loaf on Celebrity Apprentice and he's all kinds of cray cray. Don't know if Romney knows that. Guess Paradise By The Dashboard Lights is his favorite song.

Isn't that the name of his big hit song?

LOL. I wonder if Mitt knows what that's about.

I remember going to my grade 8 dance and dancing to Meatloaf like it was yesterday. :lol:

I had no idea he was still around.

Matt Lauer said on the telethon that they chose performers with NY and NJ roots and connections. Kid Rock is from Michigan, don't know about the loaf of meat.

Good enough for you Fox? Just keep those conspiracy theories coming.

*tries to figure out the next FOX conspiracy* :hmm:

Anything is possible, really.

Hannity and Rove on the Obama Sandy backlash just now. That it will be big this weekend. Talking about FEMA not distributing enough generators when Romney doesn't even believe that much in FEMA ( of course those two NEVER bring that up). Google the 08 debate clips. Well that depends on when you ask him, of course. They even brought up the marathon stuff, I guess because Bloomberg endorsed Obama. Hannity is always saying Obama is jetting off to Vegas. Every time I check out that show he's saying that. That's a lot of flights to Vegas.

Rove doesn't know how to pronounce Quinnipiac.

Is Kohn a real Armeican name?

as for working at Fox*

* Kohn is an unpaid contributor for the Fox News Channel

Kohn met her partner, Sarah Hansen, at the World Social Forum in Porto Alegre, Brazil, in 2003. Hansen works as an activist and consultant, and is the former Executive Director of the Environmental Grantmakers Association. They have a 3 year old daughter, Willa Eliza Hansen-Kohn. :shifty:

Funny, to me, that Fox News seems to get all the slam and the
mud here.

Do you really think that NBC, ABC, and CBS have been unbiased in
their reporting the last four years?

Note: None of them have mentioned anything about the controversy
about the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Libya

I also don't think that the left spends that much time watching network tv news.

I certainly never do and I don't pay for MSNBC either. Shocking, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom