The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another winner from Fox News:

365034560.jpg

Holy fuck :doh:

I thought it had to be a photoshop job at first, but no, it's real :|

Unfortunately no one in the Fox Nation will even realize what they did.

Racism is dead. It does not play a part with the Fox Nation.

Here's a link:
Fox Nation Calls Obama Birthday Party 'Hip-Hop BBQ' (PHOTO)

(I don't know the context of the link, I am just now seeing it - looks pretty bad on the surface, will wait to comment further)

My only real, institutionalized problem with FOX is this insistence that their straight news is unbiased. I don't even care if they have a conservative agenda, just admit it and stop insulting the intelligence of anyone not already drinking that kool-aid. But when they do shit like this...I don't know yet. Just giving the link.

Yes, but this goes beyond just bias, this is playing on stereotypes and trying to evoke fear.

This is trying to paint the picture that Obama has turned the white house into a rap video.

The bias comment is apart from the link. I tried to edit to make that more clear.

Right now, I have no idea how they can justify that headline/pics, etc.
Seems to be, at the moment, one of their most egregious examples of playing down to 'mouthbreathers'.

It was in relation to Obama's birthday party. Which of course was attended by black rappers and gangstas from da hood.

Hoodlums in the hizzouse

At least Kanye wasn't there. I hope the white people there weren't too scared. This is actually in the url

"obama-parties-chris-rock-jay-z-and-whoopi-while-rome-burns"

To be fair Jay Z could probably single-handedly wipe out the deficit so why isn't Obama forcing him to? I bet if he was white he would. Obama only wants to take money away from white people.

Rush Limbaugh shredded Fox News over their questions for the Republican presidential candidates in the debate on Thursday night.

Speaking on his radio show on Friday, Limbaugh blasted the network, which co-hosted the debate in Iowa. He blamed the candidates' attacks on each other on what he believes was the hosts' attempt to gain the approval of mainstream media.

"My gosh, does nobody on this panel remember that we're running against Obama?" he thundered. "What is this business that these guys are trying to tear each other up?"

Then, he alleged, "Fox wants these people to tear each other up. Cause they want approval from the mainstream media, cause that's what the mainstream media would do." He added, "You never see the Democrats pitted against each other, not like this was."

Limbaugh especially took issue with Byron York, who had asked Michele Bachmann to explain what it meant to be a submissive wife. Limbaugh said, "Now I guarantee you, I guarantee you that the favorite journalist of the mainstream media today is Byron York.”

On Saturday morning everyone is outside, hugging their family.

Everyone that is but weekend cable news hosts, D-list comics and the pathetic souls deep in the dank Media Matters dungeons that document this crap and forward it on to the hip-nuanced-like-OMG-like-FoxNews-is-like-so-retarded-and-everything crowd.

On Saturday morning everyone is outside, hugging their family.

Everyone that is but weekend cable news hosts, D-list comics and the pathetic souls deep in the dank Media Matters dungeons that document this crap and forward it on to the hip-nuanced-like-OMG-like-FoxNews-is-like-so-retarded-and-everything crowd.
Whew we hit a raw nerve there! :hug:

Lighten up and appreciate the irony of the entire segment. You can't make this shit up.

Can't remember who but I saw someone on Fox News say that Obama can't wait for this hurricane- for the chance to spend more federal money :|

I'm scared out of my freaking mind about this thing, so F whoever said that. I think it was a guest and not a host but I'm not sure.

Whew we hit a raw nerve there! :hug:

Lighten up and appreciate the irony of the entire segment. You can't make this shit up.

The irony is when this dimwit says "A million people are dead in Iraq," he's doing exactly what he accuses Fox News of doing; spreading propaganda and ignorance.

As for the entire segment. Did you just now realize that 24 hour cable news fills the long hours between breaking news and the primetime "talent" with vapid banality?

Sean Hannity On Obama: 'I Don't Think He's That Smart' (VIDEO)

An enraged Sean Hannity reacted to a controversial Politico article about Rick Perry's intelligence by questioning President Obama's intelligence for almost eight minutes.

The Politico piece had a blunt title: "Is Rick Perry Dumb?" Writer Jonathan Martin spent nearly 1,800 words pondering the question, essentially concluding that, while Perry is not an "ideas man," he has a sharp and potent political mind and should not be underestimated. Hannity was incensed, though, seeing a clear case of liberal media bias.

"The question of intelligence is one the mainstream media never bothered to ask about President Obama," he said. He then brought on Tucker Carlson and Democratic cable news mainstay Steve McMahon on to discuss just that.

"If he's such a genius he would have not lost two and a half million jobs," Hannity began. He then ran through a series of gaffes Obama has made over the years before settling on his favorite one: the president pronouncing the word "corpsman" as "corpseman."

"What's a navy corpseman?" Hannity mockingly asked. "He read it three times in one speech, he doesn't know what a corpsman is! Genius that he is!"

McMahon started to say, "The conversation we should be having," but he was cut off by Hannity. "I want to know!" he shouted. "That's my conversation."

Hannity also said he would like to read Obama's Harvard and Columbia theses, and see his grades. But he kept returning to that "corpsman" issue.

"He read his teleprompter three times and he doesn't know 'corpsman'!" he said to McMahon at one point. "And he's the commander in chief and you don't have the courage to admit it!"

Eventually, Hannity just started repeating the word "corpsman" over and over again. "Every liberal's a genius that drives the economy into a ditch," he concluded. "...I don't think he's that smart."

Fox News' Paranoid Alternate Universe | Mother Jones

Two-thirds of viewers who say Fox News is the news source they trust most believe discrimination against whites is as big a problem as discrimination against minority groups, according to a study released Tuesday by the Brookings Institution and the Public Religion Research Institute. The number, 68 percent, is an exact reversal of the percentage of black people in the same poll who say that discrimination against whites is not as big a problem as discrimination against minorities. The study was based on polling conducted by PRRI.*

The Brookings/PRRI study uses "reverse discrimination"—an unfortunate term that suggests a difference in kind, not in degree—to describe anti-white discrimination. Nevertheless, the revelations about the views of consumers who most trust Fox News are disturbing:

Among Americans who say they most trust Fox News, 26 percent say reverse discrimination is a critical issue, nearly twice as many as say discrimination against minority groups is a critical issue (14 percent). At the other end of the spectrum, only 8 percent of Americans who most trust public television say reverse discrimination is a critical issue, compared to 27 percent who say discrimination against minorities is a critical issue.

The financial crisis wiped out 20 years of minority wealth gains, and minority incarceration and unemployment rates are far higher than those of whites, but white Americans have nevertheless become more receptive to the idea that whites face as much discrimination as minorities. While the numbers for those who trust Fox News are much higher, a majority of whites in the study, 51 percent, also say they believe discrimination against whites is as big of a problem as discrimination against minorities. That's despite relatively low levels of interaction between whites and minorities. According to the study, "More than 8-in-10 Americans report having a conversation with an African-American person at least once a day (43 percent) or occasionally (40 percent)." Most of these exchanges, apparently, involve black people callously turning down whites applying for jobs or home loans. Nevertheless, while opinions of Muslims and immigrants vary by age and political perspective, demographic groups surveyed expressed positive impressions of African Americans across the board. (Otherwise, they might be racist or something.)

When it comes to Muslims, the study shows that the funders of the more than $40 million Shariah panic industry are getting their money's worth. Although two-thirds of Americans say that Muslims are not trying to establish Shariah law in the US, "[o]ver the last 8 months agreement with this question has increased by 7 points, from 23 percent in February 2011 to 30 percent today." The number of Republicans who buy that Muslims are trying to establish Shariah law in the US is up 14 points since August 2011, from 31 percent to 45 percent.

Fox News is a crucial outlet for fomenting Shariah panic. According to the study, "There is a strong correlation between trusting Fox News and negative views of Islam and Muslims," as "[n]early 6-in-10 Republicans who most trust Fox News believe that American Muslims are trying to establish Shari'a law in the U.S.," and 72 percent of "Fox News Republicans" agree that Islam is "at odds with American values." If you're a Republican, you're more likely to think that white people are as discriminated against as minorities and that American Muslims represent a fifth column trying to subvert the Constitution. But if you're a Republican who watches Fox News, then you're far more likely to believe those things, thanks to a steady media diet of racial resentment and Muslim-baiting paranoia.

*Updated to reflect the fact that the poll was done by PRRI, and that the study was a joint venture.

Rupert Murdoch's Fox network cut a joke by Alec Baldwin about the company's phone hacking scandal out of a skit for Sunday's Emmy Awards, causing Baldwin to pull out of the ceremony.

Deadline was the first to report the news, and Baldwin confirmed it on Twitter.

"Fox did kill my NewsCorp hacking joke," Baldwin wrote. "Which sucks bc I think it would have made them look better. A little."

Baldwin had made a reference to the omission in an earlier tweet, writing, "I did a short Emmy pretape a few days ago. Now they tell me NewsCorp may cut the funniest line. #NewsCorphumorlessaswellascorrupt."

Deadline says that the joke came during the planned opening sketch for the Emmys, in which Baldwin was to play a fictional head of a television network. News Corp. told the site that it cut the joke because it didn't want to make light of the phone hacking scandal which has engulfed Murdoch's company.

It's not the first time that a Murdoch property has been accused of going soft on the scandal. The Wall Street Journal was heavily criticized for an editorial strongly defending News Corp.

That's disgusting-Mike Tyson is a vile pig (not to mention a rapist). What happened to his "reformed" ways?

Mike Tyson: Sarah Palin met ‘the wombshifter’ | The Daily Caller

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren and Daily Caller editor Tucker Carlson had a scorching, intense, highly acrimonious debate on Monday night about an article Carlson's website had run.

Van Susteren began a feud with Carlson by taking to her blog and writing a scathing post about a Daily Caller article on some very offensive comments made about Sarah Palin by boxer Mike Tyson. The initial article quoted Tyson at length talking about allegations that Palin had a fling with former basketball player Glen Rice, but did not contain any overt denunciation of the comments. Later, Carlson posted an editor's note to the piece, stressing that he found Tyson's quotes "repulsive" -- but not before Van Susteren walloped his judgment on her blog.

She wrote that Carlson was a "pig" with no judgment who was pushing "smut" and violence against women by letting Tyson's quotes run without comment. Carlson defended himself, saying he was trying to let Tyson's words speak for themselves. On Monday, Carlson appeared on Van Susteren's Fox News show, and it was clear that the two were still in deep disagreement.

Carlson said he was confused about Van Susteren's reaction. "Somehow you assumed that we were somehow making this attack on Sarah Palin, which is the opposite in fact of what we were doing," he said. Van Susteren wasn't buying that.

"I think you're lying, Tucker," she said. She accused him of attaching his editor's note because people "started raising holy hell" about the post. "It's not journalism," she said. "It glorifies violence against women."

"Please stop your ad hominem attacks," Carlson said. He repeated that the site was merely doing its reporting job, and compared it to quoting a member of Al Qaeda.

"You're not a first offender with me," Van Susteren said. "I gave you the benefit of the doubt six months ago when you wrote that MILF comment [about Sarah Palin] on your tweet."

Carlson fired back by noting that, during Tyson's most recent appearance on Van Susteren's show, the host had "asked him nothing about his sexual assault." He wondered why Van Susteren was getting so angry about Tyson now. The two then shouted over each other for some time.

"You're a purveyor of the worst smut and violence against women!" Van Susteren told Carlson. "...You tried to hide it with that little editorial note."

The conversation continued until Van Susteren's producer forced her to go to commercial. After the show, Van Susteren took to her blog, saying the conversation "didn't go well." Carlson, on the other hand, tweeted that he had "genuinely enjoyed" the chat.

Greta Van Susteren vs Tucker Carlson - YouTube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom