The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll: Fox Most Trusted Political News Source

FOX News – 28%

CNN – 18%

Undecided -12%

NBC – 10%

Other -10%

MSNBC — 7%

ABC — 6%

CBS — 6%

In a stunning rejection of network news and nightly news anchors, cable news, driven by the Fox News Channel and mouthy Bill O'Reilly, is now the top most trusted source—by a mile.

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable.

But of the top 10 most trusted new sources, O'Reilly is king, at 9 percent. CNN's Anderson Cooper followed at 6 percent, Fox's Mike Huckabee at 4 percent, Fox's Sean Hannity at 4 percent, Wolf Blitzer was sixth at 3 percent, followed by MSNBC's Chris Matthews at 3 percent, NBC newsman Tom Brokaw at 3 percent, CBS anchor Katie Couric at 3 percent and ABC's Diane Sawyer at 3 percent.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32039.html

Just goes to show you, there's FYM... and then there's the real world.
thumb_smiley-character00113.gif

did you read the article?

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.

Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

There was a strong partisan split among those who said they trusted Fox — with 74 percent of Republicans saying they trusted the network, while only 30 percent of Democrats said they did.

CNN was the second-most-trusted network, getting the trust of 39 percent of those polled. Forty-one percent said they didn’t trust CNN.

Each of the three major networks was trusted by less than 40 percent of those surveyed, with NBC ranking highest at 35 percent. Forty-four percent said they did not trust NBC, which was combined with its sister cable station MSNBC.

Thirty-two percent of respondents said they trusted CBS, while 31 percent trusted ABC. Both CBS and ABC were not trusted by 46 percent of those polled.

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

The telephone poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

as for me, i "trust" NPR and PBS. news is much better without concern for ratings.

Oh shit, some people say they think Fox is trustworthy, based upon nothing. I should totally change my views on everything.

I should also move to this real world that I totally don't exist in!

Damn INDY you fell for this Politico lie again?

They published this same "poll" back in 2008(I know because another interferencer posted it back then) and left out the parts Irvine quoted back then too...

This IS right wing media. They know you only read the headlines.

Is Glenn Beck still on FOX? Anyhoo, for purposes of posting this I'll say he is..yeah that whole "vomiting" at Meghan McCain thing, um Glenn-do you own a mirror? I want to see you naked-then again, maybe not. That is cruel.

Meghan McCain Responds To Glenn Beck | Jay Leno | Beck Vomit | Mediaite

Meghan McCain stopped by and chatted with Jay Leno last night to talk about her dating life and appearing “naked” in a PSA for skin cancer. Leno brought up Glenn Beck’s much criticized response to the commercial and McCain took on Beck, with much approval from the studio audience.

Leno agreed that McCain had a right to be upset, since Beck’s vomiting at McCain appearing naked was “just cruel” and not even an attempt at being funny. McCain responded, “no man will ever make me a victim, least of all Glenn Beck and I just thought it was ridiculous.” She said she was sick of such a “toxic message being sent to young women” and that “beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.” Then, presumably joking, McCain promised “my father was tortured in prison, he can definitely kick [Beck's] ass.”

yahoo.com

Meagan Morris – Thu May 12, 2:24 pm ET

Meghan McCain is starring alongside actresses like Brandy and Danielle Fishel in a new PSA about skin cancer. The spot, called "Naked," is a play on the idea that people who go outside without sunscreen might as well be naked because they're exposing themselves to skin cancer.

Several conservatives are blasting McCain for appearing in the ad.

"Pundits in DC can calm themselves. I filmed a skin cancer PSA in a strapless juicy tube dress. All you can see is my collar bone," McCain wrote to her critics on Twitter. "Both my parents have had skin cancer, everyone should be aware of the extreme dangers the sun presents and how simply using sunscreen is ... a simple way to prevent skin cancer from occurring. I take it very seriously which is why I participated in the PSA."

It's true, the only thing that's visible in the PSA is McCain's shoulders -- nothing that a simple summertime tank top wouldn't also show.

However, the real furor surrounding the ad is not aimed at McCain; it's at Fox News talk show host Glenn Beck. Beck dedicated a portion of his Wednesday radio show to mocking the advertisement and McCain's weight.

"May I just say if you want to talk about essential, luscious, delicious, yummy, just -- just a delectable appetizer for the main course, it would have to be Meghan McCain's naked commercial. Oh. My stomach, hang on. I might have eaten something bad," Beck said while making fake vomiting noises.

Beck wasn't done there: He continued to make comments on the commercial for several minutes.

"Oh, I got something bad. Might be that Meghan McCain. When I look at the picture, I think to myself, I get the point, put some extra clothes on," Beck said, suggesting that McCain wear a burqa.

McCain, her mother Cindy McCain, and other well-known media personalities have already spoken out against Beck's tirade.

"I'm so glad Glenn Beck is leaving Fox. Enough vitriol and hate. Glenn you are no rodeo clown. They are decent and nice. You aren't," Cindy tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

CNN and TVOne political analyst Roland Martin weighed in as well.

"If @McCainBlogette was my daughter & @GlennBeck ripped her, dude would be introduced to #teamwhipdatass quick, fast & in a hurry! I'm done," Martin tweeted.

He even called on conservative leaders like Sarah Palin to condemn Beck's words.

"So @SarahPalinUSA is always calling out libs attacking her kids, will she stand up for @McCainBlogette @CindyhM1? Don't hold your breath," Martin wrote.

McCain is brushing off Beck's comments.

"I am aware of Glenn Beck's show today - he's pathetic and extremely desperate for publicity if he's resorting to attacking my weight," she tweeted. She went on to write an open letter to Beck in her weekly column for The Daily Beast.

"You're a full-grown man with teenage daughters who are probably dealing with the sexist, body-obsessed media environment that is difficult for all women. Is this really the legacy you want to be leaving for yourself?" McCain wrote. "As a person who is known for his hot body, you must find it easy to judge the weight fluctuations of others, especially young women. If any of your daughters are ever faced with some kind of criticism of their physical appearance or weight, they should call me..." :up:

She even had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

"By the way, you should really see a doctor because it isn't normal to vomit for that long."

:lol:

i find it laughable that it is only NOW that people like mrs. mccain & co are attacking glenn beck on this dumb issue when he's been destroying america (to borrow terms from him and his ilk) since he started at fox

i see where the priorities are, folks, i see 'em.

can't wait to write off this portion of history. truly embarrassing.

As a person who is known for his hot body, you must find it easy to judge the weight fluctuations of others, especially young women.

And where is Palin in all of this? Celebs who attack family members only get called out if their lips weren't attached to you ass?

May 25, 2011 MSNBC’s Ed Schultz calls Laura Ingraham a ‘right-wing slut’

“And what do the Republicans thinking about?” Schultz said. “They’re not thinking about their next-door neighbor. They’re just thinking about how much this is going to cost. President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Mo., on Sunday but you know what they’re talking about, like this right-wing slut, what’s her name?, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over.”

Another appalling asshole.

Ed Schulz can be an ass!

But will we have any Ed Schulz worshippers in here defending him? Probably not.

Could that possibly be the difference? No, it can't be.

Ed Schulz can be an ass!

But will we have any Ed Schulz worshippers in here defending him? Probably not.

Could that possibly be the difference? No, it can't be.

Yup, he can be an ass. He speaks his mind and occasionally has to apologize for it.

I like Ed, and I listen to him on the radio now and then, but I don't watch his TV show. I think he hits a very important demographic for liberals: the working class/blue collar man.

He should know "slut" is a charged word for some people. He probably meant "whore" in the context of right-wing media whore, but he should apologize for it.

I'm not hung-up on words like some people, so I don't care that he said it. However, I don't want to see him bounced off the air either.

:shrug:
He did direct it at someone in the media and not a private person. So seriously, if that is your business, toughen up your skin a bit.

Slut is a completely unnecessary choice of words. What a jackass.

That said, I read Laura Ingraham's book and she is an absolutely vile person.

Vile is not much better and certainly not the word I'd use to describe someone I disagreed with politically.

She doesn't try and hide her beliefs, is never profane, and isn't out to harm anyone. How is she vile?

Because of how often she lies. It's got nothing to do with disagreeing politically; it has to do with trying to justify a viewpoint with erroneous information.

I really don't like it when men can't disagree with women (or comment on any particular womens issue) without resorting to calling them sluts, whores, or worse-or attacking their weight or appearance. It's pathetic and an indication of intellectual laziness, very poor character, or worse. And it sure indicates that they must think they're incredibly hot :shrug:

Both sides of the media act like children. Actually that's an insult to children, and/or being too kind to the media.

I just think they should try to raise the bar, raise the level.

I really don't like it when men can't disagree with women (or comment on any particular womens issue) without resorting to calling them sluts, whores, or worse-or attacking their weight or appearance.

i agree. this is what bothers me the most. i'm sure he has many reasons to think that Laura Ingraham is a vile person for a variety of reasons, mostly intellectual/political disagreements. but to slip into female slurs is all sorts of gross. haven't we moved beyond this? guess not ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom