The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives, this is you.

Oh please.

Anyone who really thinks there were crickets chirping is an idiot. But tell me, PhilsFan, is what F&F did better or worse than what MSNBC did last year? Here's the video to refresh your memory:

YouTube - MSNBC Lies to Promote Racial Tension

But remember, it's just their evening lineup that's biased. Their daytime "news" is perfectly reliable. :up:

Now which was a harmless attempt at humor (however childish), and which was a dangerous lie? Did you discuss that in your journalism class, I hope?

Now which was a harmless effort at humor, and which was a dangerous lie?

1. Do you really want to get into discussing whether or not Fox News has helped propogate dangerous lies?

2. "Well the other side does it too" isn't a very convincing excuse for bad behavior.

Oh please.

Anyone who really thinks there were crickets chirping is an idiot.

So the commentators of Fox and Friends are idiots?

Thank you for clarifying this.

They obviously thought their audience would fall for this propaganda, pretty revealing about what they think of you all.

Oh please.

Anyone who really thinks there were crickets chirping is an idiot. But tell me, PhilsFan, is what F&F did better or worse than what MSNBC did last year? Here's the video to refresh your memory:

YouTube - MSNBC Lies to Promote Racial Tension

But remember, it's just their evening lineup that's biased. Their daytime "news" is perfectly reliable. :up:

Now which was a harmless attempt at humor (however childish), and which was a dangerous lie? Did you discuss that in your journalism class, I hope?
You see, I don't pimp MSNBC as being unbiased. MSNBC does shit from time to time that makes me shake my head. This is an example.

But Fox does it way more. That's the point. If you really wanna do a tale of the tape, Fox will look worse. But conservatives will rally around Fox in a way liberals never will for MSNBC.

I just love that the discussion just ends up being "Oh YEAH, well YOUR LIBERAL NETWORK IS BIASED TOO!" instead of something substantive.

God help the media in the U.S., that's all I can say.

Oh please.

Anyone who really thinks there were crickets chirping is an idiot. But tell me, PhilsFan, is what F&F did better or worse than what MSNBC did last year?

i'd say this is way, way, way tamer than the Fox News "vigilance" against the threat of Black Panther intimidation at the polls.

remember that hysteria? remember all that airtime? remember the hours dedicated to stopping the Black Panthers (all two of them)? yeah. thought so.

YouTube - Fox News Interviews New Black Panthers Chair

Egypt!!!

Fox%20Egypt%20graphic.jpg

Why do you insist on downplaying the story?

because it wasn't a story. it was two guys who showed up in a heavily black precinct. and then left.

Fox News was on a jihad for weeks. especially Megyn Kelly, who devoted 45 -- 45! -- segments to one guy from 2008.

why? to throw fear into their old, white, paranoid fanbase, and drum up more ratings, and thus force the right to pander even more to white cultural panic.

you see, the Republican Party once thought that Fox worked for it; rather, they all now work for Fox. there is NOTHING comparable on MSNBC.

because it wasn't a story. it was two guys who showed up in a heavily black precinct. and then left.

Wrong. It was a story. The men showed up in military uniforms, carried weapons, and hurled racial slurs at people. A lawsuit was brought. The Bush DOJ looked into it. The Obama DOJ looked into it. Former DOJ employees criticized Holder's decision-making in the matter.

That makes for a worthy news story. Your attempt to read more into it is just sad. Would you be as quick to dismiss it if it were white supremacists?

Hold on.

You accused someone else of downplaying a story?

Dear Christ.

You deflect more than anyone I've ever seen on here.

No way! Fox do that all too often. I don't even understand how they can make mistakes like that.

There's really no good answer for that.

Either they are dumb as rocks with no oversight.
Or, they know, and they just toy with their audience--some then feel smart because they caught the mistake, some will NEVER know the difference and don't care.

Pathetic either way.

BTW--Does Fox News have an Ombudsman?
Have they ever issued a correction or a "Fox News regrets the error" statement?

Wrong. It was a story. The men showed up in military uniforms, carried weapons, and hurled racial slurs at people. A lawsuit was brought. The Bush DOJ looked into it. The Obama DOJ looked into it. Former DOJ employees criticized Holder's decision-making in the matter.

That makes for a worthy news story. Your attempt to read more into it is just sad. Would you be as quick to dismiss it if it were white supremacists?

it was TWO guys. possible only even one. who left. no votes were intimidated. wow, you mean a DOJ employee expressed some dissatisfaction with a new boss from a different administration? stop the presses! someone disagreed with a decision made by his bosses!

and Fox devotes almost 4 HOURS of coverage to it? 35 different segments!?!

don't know if you watched Beck's "analysis" of Egypt last night, but no other "news" network in a free country would ever broadcast such paranoid nonsense.

but, hey, Glen Beck's just a guy askin' questions. and whats hilarious is watching the GOP scramble to realign their talking points with Fox News. you may not take Palin, Beck, Hannity, or O'Reilly serious, but the rest of the GOP is forced to, because many Fox News viewers do not get the joke that's being played on them.

Please elaborate, then. Though- wait- let me guess what you're going to say:

KOCH BROTHERS! KOCH BROTHERS, YOU GUYS!
I mean, the only reason we're talking about this MSNBC story is because you referenced it in order to downplay a Fox News story. I mean, you're accusing Irvine of downplaying a downplay.

And I will continue to mention that the Koch Brothers run the Tea Party until everyone stops pretending it's a grassroots movement.

don't know if you watched Beck's "analysis" of Egypt last night, but no other "news" network in a free country would ever broadcast such paranoid nonsense.

I'm watching this on youtube now. The levels of hysteria and stupidity on display are just unfathomable. Staggering.

I mean, the only reason we're talking about this MSNBC story is because you referenced it in order to downplay a Fox News story. I mean, you're accusing Irvine of downplaying a downplay.

No.

The FNC story you're referring to is the clip of Fox and Friends running cricket sounds after Obama's jokes at the SOTU, right? If so, you need to re-read my original post on that. I said it was childish and stupid, and I don't think anyone in here is disputing that. Ditto for the Egypt graphic. Bad journalism.

However, if people are going to cite that as proof that FNC is not news, then you MUST say the same thing about MSNBC after selectively editing the footage I posted. You MUST. There's no way around it. All I hear in here are people proclaiming FNC as not a news organization, but never MSNBC despite examples of such deceit and irresponsibility. Will you admit that MSNBC is not news? The fact that people here say "sure, the primetime is biased, but the rest of the day is credible stuff" is just baffling. Apparently you don't concur. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom