The most trusted NEWS source in America? - Page 67 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #991
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:15 AM
So, apparently the NTSB did confirm those names. Unbelievable. Still, they should've figured it out.

http://www.ntsb.gov/news/2013/130712.html

Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #992
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Huffington Post

Geraldo Rivera, already famous for saying that Trayvon Martin's hoodie got him killed by George Zimmerman, said Friday that he thought Zimmerman would dodge a murder conviction because the nearly all-white jury would probably have killed Martin too.

Rivera was speaking on "Fox & Friends" just as Zimmerman's defense attorneys prepared to deliver their closing argument, thus bringing the trial to a close. He said he had always felt that the case was one of total self-defense on Zimmerman's part, and he blamed Al Sharpton for the case having been brought to trial at all.

Then, he said that the jury would convict because the jurors--all of whom are women and five of whom are white--would have killed Martin too:

"I see those six ladies in the jury putting themselves on that rainy night, in that housing complex that has just been burglarized by three or four different groups of black youngsters from the adjacent community. So it's a dark night, a 6-foot-2-inch hoodie-wearing stranger is in the immediate housing complex. How would the ladies of that jury have reacted? I submit that if they were armed, they would have shot and killed Trayvon Martin a lot sooner than George Zimmerman did. This is self-defense."

Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #993
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:45 PM
The American media really seems to have an excess number of shitheads, ie. that guy.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #994
Blue Crack Supplier

Fox is essentially Pravda.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #995
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:15 AM
Do people actually take Geraldo Rivera seriously? And since he's playing the superficial profiling game, shouldn't his mustache alone render him someone whose opinion is invalid?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #996
The Fly

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Do people actually take Geraldo Rivera seriously? And since he's playing the superficial profiling game, shouldn't his mustache alone render him someone whose opinion is invalid?
Geraldo is an ass. Can't believe he still has a job.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #997
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Do people actually take Geraldo Rivera seriously? And since he's playing the superficial profiling game, shouldn't his mustache alone render him ...
a Bandito
Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #998
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Fox is essentially Pravda.
The official government news outlet? I thought that was MSNBC
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #999
Blue Crack Addict

HAHAHA BECAUSE THE LIBERAL MEDIA AND STUFF

MSNBC is a sad attempt at rivaling the sheer idiocy of Fox News.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #1000
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
The American media really seems to have an excess number of shitheads, ie. that guy.
Amen to that
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #1001
Blue Crack Supplier

wow. this is breathtakingly offensive.

Muslim Author Reza Aslan: I Knew 'What I Was Getting Into' By Going On Fox News - YouTube

Fox: “You’re a Muslim, so why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity?”

Aslan: “Well, to be clear, I am a scholar of religions with four degrees, including one in the New Testament, and fluency in biblical Greek, who has been studying the origins of Christianity for two decades, who also just happens to be a Muslim.”

good gravy. you can't write about Jesus if you are a Muslim?

at least he does a good job defending himself and making the interviewer look like the fool she is, or that Roger Ailes and his talking points are paying her to be.

here's the "review" she was paid to defend:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...hor-is-muslim/
Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #1002
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:15 AM
Jesus is mentioned in the Qu'ran several times, and Muslims see him as a great prophet. So why can't he write about Jesus? I think Deepak Chopra wrote about Jesus too, though from a spiritual POV than a scholarly one.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #1003
Blue Crack Supplier

the reviewer sure is worried about Muslims:

Quote:
As a journalist and author who is Christian I cannot imagine penning a so-called objective biography of Muhammad and then concealing my conflict of interest in national media interviews.

In world history there are no religions more violently and anciently opposed than the crusading, fighting, at times blood-shedding rivals of historic Islam and historic Christianity. Even non-violent Muslims and Christians, like Aslan and myself, understand that we hold aggressively oppositional views—particularly about Jesus. National news coverage of “Zealot” has ignored this conflict of interest.

[...]

My concern is that national media coverage be smart and forthright about this conflict of interest, just as it would be if I—a Christian author and pastor—wrote a book about Muhammad.

Pouring praise onto “Zealot” as new information about Jesus, without explaining its author’s devotion to a combatting religion, is blatant bias. This same bias would be unthinkable if the Christian and Muslim roles were reversed.

Read more: Liberal media love new Jesus book 'Zealot', fail to mention author is Muslim | Fox News
Old 07-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #1004
Blue Crack Addict

watching that, was very telling
one reasonable person and one zealot (used in today's context, not the zealot movement in the book - year 6 of the common era)

here is a link with an interview with two reasonable people
Interview: Reza Aslan, Author Of 'Zealot' : NPR

well worth a listen
Old 07-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #1005
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the reviewer sure is worried about Muslims:
He spends an awful lot of time hand-wringing over the ethics behind the writing and promoting of the book, when he could have just said this:

"“Zealot” is a fast-paced demolition of the core beliefs that Christianity has taught about Jesus for 2,000 years. Its conclusions are long-held Islamic claims—namely, that Jesus was a zealous prophet type who didn’t claim to be God, that Christians have misunderstood him, and that the Christian Gospels are not the actual words or life of Jesus but “myth.”

"These claims are not new or unique. They are hundreds of years old among Muslims. Sadly, readers who have listened to interviews on NPR, "The Daily Show," Huffington Post or MSNBC may pick up the book expecting an unbiased and historic report on Jesus and first century Jewish culture. (I will let my Jewish friends address Aslan’s statement on MSNBC that, “there were certainly a lot of Jewish terrorists in first century Palestine.”)"

...and it would have been sufficient.

A number of books have been written questioning the veracity of the historicity of the Gospels over the years, making dubious historical claims about Jesus being married or whatever, using fragments of fragments of fragments of parchments, and then using broad Greek translations. Nearly all of these wind up being discredited or revealed as hoaxes, while modern archaeology continues to find sites of cities that were once thought to be fables. Aslan's book sounds like it's the latest. It's certainly not worth getting up in arms about; it will join the dustbin of history as surely as the others will.