The most trusted NEWS source in America? - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #781
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:31 AM
How many times have the conservatives been through this sort of situation? You would think they'd have learned by now.

To say nothing of how that song doesn't mean what Fox News seems to think it means.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #782
ONE
love, blood, life

Nothing will ever beat Ronald Reagan using Born in the USA while seemingly having never listened to its lyrics beyond the chorus.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #783
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:31 AM
gawker.com

Attempting to make President Obama look really bad, Fox & Friends put up a graphic yesterday comparing the "real unemployment rate" in 2009 versus today.

One tiny problem, though: The graphic, which showed the rate nearly doubling since Obama took office, was actually comparing today's "real unemployment rate" with 2009's official unemployment rate.

The latest official unemployment rate is 8.1 — only 0.3 percent higher, which is not nearly enough to make POTUS look like he's hemorrhaging jobs.

The so-called "real" unemployment figure, which includes part-timers looking for full-time work, currently stands at 14.7 percent and has been steadily declining for the past three years.

After Media Matters pointed out this inconvenient fact, the Fox & Friends co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Gretchen Carlson were forced to acknowledge their error on the air through gritted teeth, naturally making no mention of the impetus for the rare "clarification."

Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #784
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Gotta love the people at Fox and Friends .
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #785
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, he's a real...but I still laughed

Fox & Friends Gets Trolled Hard by a 'Former' Obama Supporter Pretending to Be for Romney
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #786
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Fox News Airs Suicide Following Car Chase. Shep Smith: ‘We really messed up and I am sorry’ - TVNewser
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #787
War Child

Saw that live. Very disturbing. Shep tried to get them to cut out, but they weren't quick enough.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #788
Blue Crack Addict

Just heard about that news earlier, yeah. Fortunate enough to have not seen the actual footage, but wow, I feel for anyone who did. Good move on Smith's part to apologize to the audience like that-I saw the clip of him trying to warn them to stop the tape, he did what he could.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #789
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:31 AM
That's the problem with live TV, anything could happen. I worked in live TV news and there was always concern on what could happen on-air. My guess is FNC had a technical problem that caused the live feed to keep going and not stop in time. I wouldn't say FNC deliberately allowed the suicide to be shown on TV - if they did, then they are truly an assholic station. But chances are, a technical problem happened, which does happen a lot during live TV.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #790
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, yeah, I agree with you, I certainly don't think this was at all intentional. Just a very unfortunate technical issue.

I can't imagine how tense those kinds of situations must be. In all actuality most of the stuff that sneaks past on live TV probably isn't any worse or offensive than what most people will see or hear in their daily lives. But at the same time, I certainly understand and appreciate the TV crews doing their best to not add to the gawking, or to avoid traumatizing the audience, too (and also to save their own skins to reduce the number of angry calls they'd otherwise get).
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #791
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

'Fox And Friends' Attacks NBC's Sandy Benefit Concert: 'Is It A Concert For Obama?' (VIDEO)

Paranoid much, FOX News? Or so desperate to politicize everything for the sake of ratings?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict

MSNBC really is more partisan than Fox, according to Pew study - baltimoresun.com
Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #793
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
'Fox And Friends' Attacks NBC's Sandy Benefit Concert: 'Is It A Concert For Obama?' (VIDEO)

Paranoid much, FOX News? Or so desperate to politicize everything for the sake of ratings?
Are you fucking kidding me? Two very prominent NEW JERSEY natives organize a benefit and you are whining that Meat Loaf or Kid Rock aren't there? Idiots.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think FOX has become a parody of itself. They've been deteriorating ever since Obama became the Democratic candidate in 2008 and they're way out of control now. Seriously, it has got to be a joke.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #795
Blue Crack Addict

I think Kid Rock is doing rallies for Romney this weekend. Bruce is doing them for Obama too.

I just don't even want to read that article, because it makes me want to scream that they're doing that to a hurricane benefit. F them.