The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Murdoch-they shouldn't be involved in that. Looks like Hannity is going rogue too, oooh

Fox News has pulled Sean Hannity from his starring role in a tea party rally just one week after Rupert Murdoch said the network should not be supporting the tea party movement.

Hannity was set to broadcast Thursday night from a tea party rally in Cincinnati, but was rushing back to New York Thursday evening after network executives learned of the plan and said it was unacceptable.

"Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event," Bill Shine, the network's executive vice president of programming, told the Los Angeles Times. "When senior executives in New York were made aware of this, we changed our plans for tonight's show."

As the LAT notes, Hannity was listed as the headline of the Cincinnati rally.

"Sean Hannity rushing to NYC, cancelled broadcast from Cincinnati Tea Party. Crowd disappointed," fellow speaker Jonah Goldberg tweeted late Thursday afternoon.

Last week, News Corp boss Rupert Murdoch said before a Washington, DC crowd that Fox News should not be supporting the movement.

"I don't think we should be supporting the Tea Party or any other party," he said. Earlier this week, the network published an article to its website that was semi-critical of the tea party.

It makes sense as a business: if they're going to deny affiliating with the GOP, then it makes no sense to go ahead and affiliate with the Tea Party.

That might be the worst do marry or kill that I've ever heard (the only thing that could make it worse would be to have Limbaugh in the mix). If I had a gun to my head..I'd have sex with Hannity, I'd marry O'Reilly, I'd kill Glenn Beck (then myself).

Huffington Post

Megyn Kelly has been on a media blitz this week, appearing in Variety and sitting down for interviews with Howard Stern and the ladies of "The View."

On Stern's show Tuesday, he and Kelly played the age-old game, "Marry, F*ck, Kill" -- in which you're given three names and have to say which one you'd have sex with, which one you'd marry, and which one you'd kill (there are various forms of the game).

Stern presented Kelly with Fox News' three biggest names: Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity.

Her answer?

She'd have sex with Bill O'Reilly, marry Sean Hannity, and kill Glenn Beck.

Kelly is widely seen as the rising star of Fox News. She recently launched her own show, "America Live," on the network after co-hosting "America's Newsroom" with Bill Hemmer.

Hottest news babes
default.aspx

Does that have to include Greta?:scratch:

Why? He continues to get schooled/owned by a comedian.

Hehe, I saw that bit. That was pure GOLD :D.

Yeah...all Bill asked was whether or not their channel's guilty of generalizing (I like how he actually had to ask that-dude, do you WATCH your own show?). A simple "Yes, we have been guilty of that" or "No, we don't do that" would've sufficed.

Angela

All Bernie did was admit to being the hypocrite he is, then proceeded to insult Stewart as a comedian. Says it all really. "You're right but you're a shitty comedian!"

Bernie clearly put Stewart on the defensive. Having to sit through clips of Stewart while watching O'Reilly, I was reminded just how unfunny Stewart is to me. Colbert I can tolerate, but Stewart just isn't appealing at all.

Yeah, he was defensive. A professional comedian being accused of being unfunny is probably not going to sit well. Especially if that comedian has his own show.

But at least he didn't say that conservatives would never raise a child with Downs Syndrome. Because that's Ann Coulter-like stupid, only without the guise of humor.
Yes, it was hyperbole for effect, but it's indicative of what kind of a massive fucking hypocrite he is. The man who writes books about liberal bias uses the conservative bias network as his megaphone while criticizing liberals for generalizing while generalizing out of the other side of his mouth. He's a walking punchline himself.

In the official video, seen at bottom, cadets applaud after Obama says, "through their competence and creativity and courage, we are poised to end our combat mission in Iraq this summer."

In the Fox News version of the video, seen below, there is no applause but rather an awkward pause.

Media Matters' Jamison Foser acknowledges that Fox News' microphone may not have picked up the audience applause, but suggests that the network still promoted that section of the clip to make it seem as though Obama's comments were not well received by the cadets:

Now, maybe Fox didn't intentionally remove the audience applause. Maybe Fox's video used a direct feed from Obama's microphone, and it simply didn't pick up audience noise. But if Fox didn't intentionally try to make Obama look silly, why did it choose a 2-minute clip -- out of a 32-minute speech -- that portrayed Obama looking silently around the room, seemingly for no reason?

YouTube - Fox News Erases Applause for Obama from West Point Cadets (0:46-56), May 22, 2010

Press>>>Play

Trust yourself,
Trust yourself to do the things that only you know best
Trust yourself
Trust yourself to do what's right and not be second-guessed
Don't trust me to show you beauty
When beauty may only turn to rust
If you need somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Trust yourself
Trust yourself to know the way that will prove true in the end
Trust yourself
Trust yourself to find the path where there is no if and when
Don't trust me to show you the truth
When the truth may only be ashes and dust
If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Well, you're on your own, you always were
In a land of wolves and thieves
Don't put your hope in ungodly man
Or be a slave to what somebody else believes.

Trust yourself
And you won't be disappointed when vain people let you down
Trust yourself
And look not for answers where no answers can be found
Don't trust me to show you love
When my love may be only lust
If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

You, you got to trust yourself ....

~Bob Dylan

Obama could cure cancer and the lead at Fox would be "Obama puts millions of oncologists out of work."

I actually like Fox. As long as you know that it's a tabloid and to not expect the truth, it can be wildly entertaining.

I loved a story from Bangkok, when it all went pear shaped last week - a couple were stuck in their 5 star hotel, and the hotel in a misguided attempt to calm and relax their guests decided to limit their access to news about the crisis. Pages missing from newspapers, and news channels suddenly not accessible from rooms. Oh, except Fox. Whether that was an accident or by design, it was okay - no coverage at all on Fox. Well done.

Fox News may be the undisputed ratings champion in cable news, but not among black viewers.

The New York Times' Brian Stelter tweeted that, according to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News has averaged just 29,000 black viewers in primetime so far this television season (9/09-7/10). That represents just 1.38% of its 2.102 million total viewer audience.

CNN and MSNBC, meanwhile, both have far more black viewers, both in absolute terms and as a proportion of their overall audiences.

MSNBC has averaged 145,000 black viewers, representing 19.3% of its 751,000 total viewer audience.

CNN has averaged 134,000 black viewers, representing 20.7% of its 648,000 total viewer audience.

Stelter noted that he pulled the Nielsen numbers after working on his story in Monday's New York Times on race and cable news.

His piece, "When Race Is the Issue, Misleading Coverage Sets Off an Uproar," examines the recent media firestorm over comments made by USDA official Shirley Sherrod as an example of "warfare" waged by conservative media.

considering the overriding subtext of Fox News these days is "when minorities are in charge, it's bad for white people," should we be surprised?

can you imagine -- !!! -- the psychotic rage that would erupt from white america if a black man behaved like any of the Fox prime time line up?

or, worse, if the Tea Party were black?

the double standards are shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom