The more Iraqi TV shows Saddam.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2003, 09:41 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:35 AM
The more Iraqi TV shows Saddam....

the more I think he is either dead, seriously injured or in some other country (this also goes for his sons)

What do you guys think?

Old 03-31-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:35 AM
i think he's seriously injured too. i have nothing to back that up it's just a feeling i have.

Old 03-31-2003, 10:28 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:35 AM
that is the present specumalation at this point in time

some of my contacts have told me he is at an underground discotecque
listening to
hip-hop music, smoking Clove cigerrettes
Old 04-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #4
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 12:35 PM
If Saddam is seriousely injured and still the system goes on with war i wonder what this ultimatum of G.W.B. would have changed if Saddam would have agreed.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:20 AM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Sadaam appeared in Iraqi television yesterday with his cabinet and two sons. Of course there is no way to tell when it was taped. It appeared in Egyptian, Jordanian, and Lebanese TV.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:23 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i think saddam is safe in his bunker 100 metres beneath Baghdad, i read a report in which it was said - the bunker would be safe even if a hiroshima/nagasaki nuke bomb is dropped.

i really hope the regime crumbles soon and this war comes to a quick end.

acrobatman
Old 04-01-2003, 11:42 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AcrobatMan
i really hope the regime crumbles soon and this war comes to a quick end.

acrobatman

So do I.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:42 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
If Saddam is seriousely injured and still the system goes on with war i wonder what this ultimatum of G.W.B. would have changed if Saddam would have agreed.
That's why I don't, and the U.S. military, thinks that he is most likely still alive, but probably giving orders from a hospital bed. As long as the Iraqi public and military still THINKS he is alive and in control, they will carry on. If he would have just up and left, it would have been a totally different story.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:49 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
Sadaam appeared in Iraqi television yesterday with his cabinet and two sons. Of course there is no way to tell when it was taped. It appeared in Egyptian, Jordanian, and Lebanese TV.
That's my point. How hard would it be for Saddam to do a live broadcast? Or at least tape a spoken message and hold up a dated newspaper, etc...

What makes this all the more questionable is this:
There was a rumor that started just yesterday from intelligence sources saying that some of Saddam's family may be fleeing Baghdad. Within the SAME DAY, a "statement" comes out from the Iraqi govt. (supposedly Saddam) saying that this is false.

The rumor that he may be dead or injured has been going on for a week and a half - and he has done NOTHING to prove this rumor false. His appearences are obviously taped, one has as many as 70 edits in it, he makes no reference to POW's, he makes no credible reference to any battles that are going on. He mentioned Um Qasr and Nasariah, both of which are obvious places for the coalition to go through and secure on their way to Baghdad from Kuwait.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:50 AM   #10
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
..or it's yet another pr gag from the pentagon to weaken Iraqi morale..
Old 04-01-2003, 12:09 PM   #11
Refugee

..which is good if it would shorten the war
Old 04-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

But the pentagon doesn't have control of what is shown on Iraqi TV or Al Jazeera, etc... so if Saddam wants to prove he's around definitively, then he could do so at any time.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #13
Refugee

Womanfish:

you are right - he did this with being on TV shortly after US tried to kill him - didn't he?

Afik he even mentioned the time.
What do you expect? that he shows a newspaper from today to prove he's alive?
This would force him to continue that game (US officials says something and he has to prove them wrong)

Klaus
Old 04-01-2003, 01:32 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:35 PM
Fact is, it doesn┤t seem he┤s dead or injured, and his sons are fine too. How come? Its two weeks since the U.S. have attacked.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Interestingly, I saw an interview on CBS with a guy who used to be a double for one of the sons (I can't remember which one, just know it's the one they say is REALLY nasty, the younger one) and wow did they look alike. they made him get plastic surgery on his chin, and they took out his teeth, put in fake ones and worked on his jaw so he would have the same overbite.

He said in the interview that the man who made the public statement after the first airstrike to kill Saddam, was not Saddam, and even named the guy who he knew it was. He said Saddam has at least 4 doubles.

Anyway, hiphop, I don't say how you can state as fact that he and his sons are just fine, when no proof has been shown that they are. Another "statement from Saddam" came out today. Guess who made the statement - The Minister of Information.

I'm saying that at this point, Saddam it seems, would be highly visible, rallying his troops, being outspoken about their "victories", etc... But instead we get taped footage of him at a meeting with advisors?? It seems like a game being played by the VP and Min. of Info. to make it look like he is still in control.

Or he might be so paranoid that he is WAY down in a bunker and is scared to come out.