The Misery of Your Valentine Chocolates - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 02-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:32 PM
Does anyone really need a pair of $170.00 jeans?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Does anyone really need a pair of $170.00 jeans?
perhaps not, but i feel the personal NEED to contribute to the cause. so why not?

i mean...whatever. if this is going to turn into a "judging people for what they buy" kinda thing, i'm ducking out. i perhaps should not have disclosed so much personal information regarding my finances and purchases. i was just trying to show that i support fair trade. for all the bitching i do here and everywhere else about fair wages, fair trade, etc., i'd be a hypocrite not to take action myself. i make my own decisions with my wallet and you all are totally entitled to make your own decisions as well.

i never meant to imply that people suck or whatever for not investing in fair trade. if i did though, i'm really truly sorry. nor did i ever intend to come off sounding as if im all great and wonderful. the things i buy are not necessarily a reflection of my character, and i am certainly not great and wonderful. when people speak of fair trade, i get excited and want to jump in the conversation and clap my hands and cheer like a baby seal. i saw people talking about some of the things they purchase, so i thought i'd step in, is all.

i know some people can't purchase these products, and thats fine, i totally understand. and i haven't always been able to myself. i'm thankful that i can now, but who knows, something down the road may happen which may not enable me to purchase these things anymore. so yeah, fair-trade rocks, and people rock. i like people, and i wasn't trying to offend anyone. so i'm gonna peace out of this thread before i end up backing myself into another corner.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
As always, thanks for sharing.