the lurking "alter"s - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2002, 04:16 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 09:21 PM
the lurking "alter"s

Okay... I know that my presence on this forum has upset some... I certainly never meant to start such a hubbub, but when you express opinions, or defend people, you run the risk of attack... I've had Achtung Bubba argue with me and against me... same goes for Whenhiphopdrovethebigcars. And I've enjoyed my time here... but I'm a little miffed.

In one thread, Z Edge referred to my defence of Like Someone To Blame, and how he referred to my posts. He accused me of being an alter because I had a low post count, had arrived recently and was in agreement with Like Someone To Blame. I calmly showed why this is not the case... such as my registration being much older, my location, my info, and letting everyone know they could check my IP to clarify this. I don't hide behind anything.

Yet, recently over the weekend, in the thread concerning Bush, 9/11, and a few other topics, a gentleman named "Spyplane" quoted me, and through a blue streak of cursing, told me to shut the F*** up, that my thread was crap, that I should spread my ignorance elsewhere, and that I am "by far the most despicable member of this forum". The thread closed before I had a chance to respond.

Only today did I find out that Z Edge and Spyplane are the same.

This post is just to clarify:

1. I am not an alter. When asked of this, I did everything I could to prove that fact.

2. Spyplane, the member who tore me a new one, is an alter of Z Edge, who originally questioned my motives.

3. This kind of stuff is ridiculous. Changing users in order to post attacks is a bit excessive. Come on.

4. I look forward to further posts on the forum.

PS To Sicy, or anybody else who thinks this was inappropriate, I only wanted to clarify things so that everyone knew that I'm not an alter, and that I've got one person acting as three in order to muscle (LoveMuscle??) me out of the forum. A PM wouldn't have really accomplished that. But if you want to remove it, fine.

Old 07-29-2002, 04:21 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:21 PM

Never liked alters.
I is who I is.
DB9

Old 07-29-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:21 PM

shockingly enough, this is one thing that db9 and I agree on. lol. I don't care for alters. I feel that if I have something to say, I can have the balls (metaphoric of course) to say it under my own name and stand by it.

In any case, Kingpin, you've been around here for some time and have been a legit identity to my knowledge. I can vouch for that.

Old 07-29-2002, 04:36 PM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Normal Re: the lurking "alter"s

Quote:
Originally posted by KingPin
Yet, recently over the weekend, in the thread concerning Bush, 9/11, and a few other topics, a gentleman named "Spyplane" quoted me, and through a blue streak of cursing, told me to shut the F*** up, that my thread was crap, that I should spread my ignorance elsewhere, and that I am "by far the most despicable member of this forum". The thread closed before I had a chance to respond.
Is this true? Show me the link please. That kind of behaviour is unacceptable.

Quote:
1. I am not an alter. When asked of this, I did everything I could to prove that fact.
You are not bonoman? I just did an ip check.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:41 PM   #5
The Fly

Local Time: 09:21 PM
Nope... check again... I registered in 2000 in Newfoundland, and I'm now posting in Edmonton, if that helps. I post from my work computer or home computer.

I'll send you the post with that "report to moderator" thing. I figured you'd read it because the thread was closed.

oh, and the defense of my being NOT an alter is on page 4 of the "Do you have blacks too" thread. actually it's here
Old 07-29-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Normal

I have read the thread in question and have discussed the situation with Elvis.

The whole thread is a nightmare imo, Spyplane is not the only one out of line, but the fact remains that use of alters to basically just 'talk shit' or say things that you dont want to say under your original username is prohibited and will be cause for removal.

Alters are a priveledge.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:07 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

KingPin
Is an ok fellow.
When he becomes natuarlize US Citizen -he will be ready to become a Republicanjk.
Diamond
Old 07-29-2002, 08:27 PM   #8
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 03:21 PM
First off Kingpin
Everyone knows (I assumed) that I am Spyplane and LOVE MUSCLE.

Obviously, so you were told by somebody as well.

2nd
I posted the other night as whoever I was logged in as.
I get a lot of PM's, for each handle
I logged in each handle to check them then stayed on that handle for a while.

I did not think you were an alter for Like Someone to Blame, that was your assumption. I did question why you chose to answer for someone so much in that other thread.

Why someone chose to make such hateful comments about conservatives then run and hide, while you defended him.

And why he was even allowed to make these comments and accuse all conservatives of Genocide

And I do suspect you to be an alter who is making insidious comments to try and cause the removal of one or two members here, that is namely myself.

I have shared this theory with others as well.

3rd
To the MODS
This would have never happened if you had done your job

Why would you allow Kingpin to make these comments, or Like Someone to Blame?

It goes back to the same old thing as before, you will allow just about any type of behavior of a non-conservative american member.

They can say whatever they want in here. It is everywhere.
They start the same damn threads cleverly disguised day in and day out. And you mods even respond to them waiting for a conservative to get out of line and then close it so we can look bad.

Yet the non-conservatives can post the following:

compare Bush to Hitler
blame Bush for 911
accuse Bush for drug use, awol, murder
all conservatives committ genocide and
starve the elderly
say that our military is a joke
we deserved 911

I could go on and on and on..........

In fact, one particular individual called me personally a coward 5 times in one post. And that thread went on for like 50 more posts until it was closed by a mod for a mere "observation" I made that was not in any way cruel or intended as such, as the mod accused me of at the time.

Yet when I questioned the mod about this, they claimed they never even saw the post where I was called a coward yet they had replied to the thread (if the post has not been deleted by now).

This brings up another interesting point. Remember the HORROR? Banned for complaining about all of the America-bashing. Banned in like 50-60 posts. Yet look at these folks here who call themselves progressive liberals and yet they get away with far, far worse.

Which brings up another point.

How many conservative American mods do we have here?

DO I need to go any further?

Don't you think this is a little biased? A conflict of intrest on the mods part?

Damn right it is!

Folks, if you hadn't neglected your post or if we didn't have a conflict of intrest here this situation wouldn't exist.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

ZEdge-
Nice points.:idea:

They needed to be said:idea:

Now chill for a bit..
Our numbers may be small here however we are strong.:idea:
I dont need you becoming a Martyr..

Your Friend-
Diamond
Old 07-29-2002, 08:41 PM   #10
I serve MacPhisto

Another point that I forgot to make.

I take this very seriously because I am a veteran and I have given service to my country that I love. I am highly offended on a daily basis and only come here to sort of defend the honor that is being shit upon daily. I do take this very personal, as I have a direct line to what is going on in the world. Do any of you? Could you expect to even understand how I feel?

I have stated repeatedly that I will not run and cry to a moderator if someone lashes out at me as they do almost daily. And yet I encourage others to PM me or bring it to me if they have a problem, not run tell like a coward.

I do take this very seriously, and I will be attending many many shows again next tour.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #11
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge
To the MODS
This would have never happened if you had done your job
i don't do a lot of posting in FYM, but i do a lot of reading. of course, i'm not a mod and i'm certainly not going to speak on behalf of them, but i don't think it's right to bash the mods. they do their jobs as best as they can. i'm not saying they're perfect or anything because they are only human, but they do a damn good job at running this forum. and now that they are adding on more and more moderators, soon this forum should run totally smoothly, where problems rarely, rarely arise. but now i shall go back to lurk mode here in FYM, especially in this thread.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:12 PM   #12
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
They can say whatever they want in here. It is everywhere.
They start the same damn threads cleverly disguised day in and day out. And you mods even respond to them waiting for a conservative to get out of line and then close it so we can look bad.
I dont give a rats ass if you're a conservative, liberal, republican whatthehellever ok its all greek to me.

What I do see is the way people interact with others.. I honestly did not see the name coward 5 times.. if you would like to point that out to me that would be lovely. What I did see is this

Quote:
Fucking prove he has used drugs or shut the FUCK up.
Quote:
Excuse me, but who in the fuck are YOU to accuse every President of the USA of lies and scandals?
Quote:
How you could possibly post such utter bullshit is beyond me.
You have been posting this kind of crap constantly.
Why?
Your thread is crap.
Quote:
You are by far the most despicable member of this forum
Rude rude rude insults.

I have also warned him as well to cut with the insults.

There is no need to slam each other here! This forum is a god damn priveledge. Why can you people DISCUSS instead of yell and swear and cut each other down?? You want Free your mind wiped right outta here?? Cuz it can happen and you guys can go post your political crap on a politcal message board.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:20 PM   #13
Banned

I didnt read the whole thread and i'm not taking anyones side, but...

Quote:
I have stated repeatedly that I will not run and cry to a moderator if someone lashes out at me as they do almost daily. And yet I encourage others to PM me or bring it to me if they have a problem, not run tell like a coward.

Well, I have to agree with this statement. This is usually the best way to handle it in most cases. I wish more people did this, instead of acting like a spolied brat and going crying to a mod or Elvis, like a couple people have been known to do constantly, over the least little thing.
Unfortunately, i think in the future, i personally will have to simply report it as doing anything else will just get me into trouble.
No one will ever take my side though.

There is a bias, but not just against conservatives... *sigh*

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

^^ Life's a bitch, so i became one ^^
Old 07-29-2002, 09:21 PM   #14
BAW
The Flower

Well said Khanada

Since when is it the mods responsiblity to babysit a bunch of adults who can't have a civilized conversation? When 2 little kids can't get along, the grownups usually come along and tell them to go home...that's supposed to stop when you reach "adulthood." The mods version of sending the bad kids home is to close a thread.

And when they close a thread, its for a reason. I've said it before and I'll say it again...they do this job voluntarily and they put up with major bulls**t to do it.

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i don't do a lot of posting in FYM, but i do a lot of reading. of course, i'm not a mod and i'm certainly not going to speak on behalf of them, but i don't think it's right to bash the mods. they do their jobs as best as they can. i'm not saying they're perfect or anything because they are only human, but they do a damn good job at running this forum. and now that they are adding on more and more moderators, soon this forum should run totally smoothly, where problems rarely, rarely arise. but now i shall go back to lurk mode here in FYM, especially in this thread.
Old 07-29-2002, 09:35 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Sicy is a decent Mod.
She even tolerates me an avowed drunk Repulican

ZEdge is a stand up guy

The Mods should b as there title suggests..Moderate not babysit.

DB9