The Luke Warm War Heating Up - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You know I recently spoke to a (black) Cuban at work who said to me that he detests Miami Cubans and their political pandering. When I asked why, he said, these are the upper class ruling white Cubans who got exiled and are looking to go home to rule the roost again. He asked, do you ever see black Cubans represented politically in the US? Don't assume that they feel the same way as the crowd down in the south of Florida.

I do think it's interesting that this view is never, ever covered in the media.
I do not think it is completely accurate. I worked with a person who fought in the Bay of Pigs. He most definitely was not upper class ruling Cubans. Of course if they were they were clearly justified in having everything taken from them during the revolution, since they were so privelaged and all.

Damn ruling class.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
I do not think it is completely accurate.
Maybe it isn't, of course he has his views. But I don't think his views are really extreme either, meaning that having actually spent time in Cuba, it is not the first time I've come across this view. In fact while a lot of Cubans will privately be frank re: Castro, I also very early on realized that they have no major love lost for the Cubans in Florida.