The Lexington Project - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:44 AM
what, to you, makes a good judge?

i don't think you dislike Obama. i did think you were playing off of Deep's Obama hysterics, and i felt that the comparison to Kennedy was well off the mark. i do appreciate your clarification, and the NIMBY phenomenon is well documented, whether it's oil wells or windmills. i'm sure McCain wouldn't want to have oil wells obscuring the view from his various properties in Southern California.

i don't think Obama's church seeks any of the financed, political influence that Dobson et al were given by Bush. one crazy preacher does not make a church.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
What amazes me is that the Supreme Court continues to handle the issues put before it fairly.
It amazes me that you think so, to be quite honest. There have been some terrible legal decisions made by this SCOTUS. I'm not even talking about just the really obviously bad (See: Alito), but the recent Kennedy-penned beauty on child rapists and capital punishment was, frankly heinous. Deserving of a C on a law school final.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

i don't think you dislike Obama. i did think you were playing off of Deep's Obama hysterics,
Perhaps you could lower your rhetoric a bit.

I certainly don't dislike Obama.
Did you not see the post in here where I said I was 55% leaning to voting for McCain this week and a couple of weeks back I was 53% leaning to voting for Obama. I expect my opinion will change before November.

If the GOP had control of the Senate and House. I would be at 85% + leaning to Obama.

At least Diemen was written that he thinks I don't hate Obama, you seem to be putting forth complete nonsense. Please do a search of this thread and re-read my posts objectively.

To mention concerns or ask questions about the likely next President is not attacking.

If there is a specific post that you believe is in error, please quote it.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #64
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Perhaps you could lower your rhetoric a bit.

because i'm the only person who thinks you've been over-the-top in nearly all your Obama-related posts?

anitram wrote something quite eloquent to you in another post, and given that i need to get home, i'll just quote that.

[q]eep what really bugs me is that your over the top, histrionic reactions to just about every single thing about Obama makes me really just want to skip over your posts. Because they read like a hell of a lot of outrage for the sake of being outraged and little substance to boot.[/q]

if you'd like, i can pull out several dozen over-the-top posts after i watch Michael Phelps clean up tonight.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

do you want to derail this thread with petty misrepresentations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
because i'm the only person who thinks you've been over-the-top in nearly all your Obama-related posts?

anitram wrote something quite eloquent to you in another post, and given that i need to get home, i'll just quote that.

[q]eep what really bugs me is that your over the top, histrionic reactions to just about every single thing about Obama makes me really just want to skip over your posts. Because they read like a hell of a lot of outrage for the sake of being outraged and little substance to boot.[/q]

if you'd like, i can pull out several dozen over-the-top posts after i watch Michael Phelps clean up tonight.
Well that is a classy response - to pull things "out of context"

I did reply to her
Quote:
alright,

It seems like most people in here see this election as a clear choice.

Right now, I am only at about 55% leaning to vote for McCain.

A few couple of weeks back, I was leaning to voting for Obama.

My biggest hesitation on Obama, is that there is not any real track record.

His lack of executive experience. When people bring up "race" with me they are so off base. I support affirmative action. I know that people of color, and women are not given equal opportunities.

I also know for these things to get better, we need to have role models from those groups.

I have not read his books. I have not read McCain's books, or Clinton's books.

I have read quite a bit about all of these people and parts from their books.

Honestly, I don't put a lot of credit in these books. W could have had a wonderful book put together in 2000. I still knew I did not want to vote for him.

He had no track record or experience that impressed me at all. His Governorship of Texas was unremarkable.

W has always been in favor of faith based programs, and I know he was pandering for their support.

So, it is in Obama's book. It still can fit the definition of pandering, or smart campaigning.
She seemed to be satisfied with my response.

here is the link http://forum.interference.com/f199/u...186940-23.html

I have posted what could be considered "pro" and "con" things about most of the candidates

pulling "selective quotes" will verify that.

Some Obama supporters seem to be sensitive to anything that questions anything but full on support.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It amazes me that you think so, to be quite honest. There have been some terrible legal decisions made by this SCOTUS. I'm not even talking about just the really obviously bad (See: Alito), but the recent Kennedy-penned beauty on child rapists and capital punishment was, frankly heinous. Deserving of a C on a law school final.
So should they be put to death? It appears that the decisions that we agree with, we do not give much thought to. They certainly have been supportive of gitmo prisoners.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Some Obama supporters seem to be sensitive to anything that questions anything but full on support.
You noticed that? LOL

And to think, after six years of you and I being in this forum, I am being accused of feeding off of you. LOL MY how the world changes when there is a void of dissent in the forum.

If a few more of the right leave, you will be the right. HAHA
Old 07-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I for one would rather see a discussion of the lexington project continue.

Nah, its easier to stick to the talking points....carry on.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #69
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:44 AM
Normal Speaking of petty misrepresentations.

Quote:
I think you know that's not the case here.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I can't think of a single Obama supporter on this forum that "seem to be sensitive to anything that questions anything but full on support."

well, maybe one. . .maybe. But that's all.

I think those supporting Obama on this forum may sometimes be misunderstood. I, for one, while always having liked Obama am nowhere near is rabid in my support as some might think.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I can't think of a single Obama supporter on this forum that "seem to be sensitive to anything that questions anything but full on support."

well, maybe one. . .maybe. But that's all.

I think those supporting Obama on this forum may sometimes be misunderstood. I, for one, while always having liked Obama am nowhere near is rabid in my support as some might think.

I did not imply "all' or say "most" or 'many'.

I only said 'some'.

As for you sir,
you are the "poster person" for rational, level headed thinking and proper forum decorum.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So should they be put to death? It appears that the decisions that we agree with, we do not give much thought to. They certainly have been supportive of gitmo prisoners.
The legal reasoning is not just terrible, but it is WRONG. The eighth amendment has NOTHING to do with victim's rights or violating the victim by having them testify, etc. It's baffling why this was in the judgment at all.

And you're just assuming that I don't give much thought to decisions that I agree with. I agreed with the DC gun ban decision's reasoning and gave it a lot of thought. I approach this from a legal reasoning POV not from the actual end result POV. And from there, this SCOTUS has often been terrible. Alito in particular is appalling.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The legal reasoning is not just terrible, ...
Alito in particular is appalling.
One more thing we can agree on

Alito is my least favorite
and it was pathetic watching his confirmation hearing.

I am glad we have a new Senate
that will not let a nominee like him get by again.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

And the lexington project?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

That got settled a few pages back.

And "some" have been trying to kill (figuratively) the messenger, ever since..

Quote:
The problem with electric cars are that the batteries are about half the weight of the car and run down too quick.

A lighter more powerful battery makes electric cars viable.

as for their two plans

here is an article from the Christian Science Monitor

Quote:
McCain and Obama share energy goals, not methods
The candidates would take very different steps to greater energy independence for Americans.

By Ariel Sabar | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

from the June 30, 2008 edition

Washington - John McCain and Barack Obama know that most Americans need look no further than the gas pump for proof of America's energy crunch.

With fuel topping $4 a gallon and oil at a record price, energy now ties the economy in polls as voters' top concern, and the presidential candidates spent the past week trying to outflank each other on an issue that's thinning billfolds from Maine to California.

Their plans share key goals – less reliance on foreign oil, a push for cleaner fuels – but their methods differ sharply.

Senator McCain, the presumptive GOP nominee, wants 45 new nuclear power plants by 2030 and an end to the federal moratorium on new offshore drilling. He would use market lures – tax rebates for electric cars, a $300 million prize for a better car battery – to promote alternative sources of energy. He would offer motorists immediate relief in the form of a hiatus in the federal gas tax.

Senator Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee, opposes new offshore drilling and is wary of nuclear power. He would double auto fuel-efficiency standards within 18 years, subsidize development of ethanol, and force power companies to generate one- quarter of their energy from wind, solar, and other renewable sources by 2025.

An opponent of the gas-tax holiday, Obama favors a "windfall profits" tax on multinational oil companies.

Obama really does not offer anything

so score one for McCain
an experience player that knows how to move the ball

not just sit on it and hope time runs out.