"The Guardian" should be ashamed of themselves!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never said the mods don't do a great job because obviously I think they do. I also think that it's not impossible that an offensive thread would sometimes be allowed to stay online for a length of time simply because a handful of mods, no matter how fabulous they are, can't possibly monitor several thousand posters 24 hours a day.

Some posters did actually condemn the Guardian for this ("what do you expect from a publication like that?" etc) and my post simply pointed out that it's ridiculous to hold a website responsible for what's posted on a message board which anyone is permitted to register for and post at.

As a generalisation that's true. However if we're talking specifically about an internet message board then I hardly think it's unfair to suggest that you can't hold the owner of a message board responsible for every message posted if anyone is free to post there. Being realistic about the amount of control a webmaster can have over a public message board is hardly "eviscerating the concept of responsibility" in general.

Sure it is. Without responsiblity, they can create forums and let them run unwatched. If they want to create a forum with their name on it, they should put in the effort to moderate the forum.

Did anybody actually read that thread besides me.

It was very short, about 8-9 replys. No one took it seriously.

It was sent to the Wall Street Journal. That is probably why it was deleted.

Because of the U. S. nutters over reacting.

If that's the case then Yahoo should be shut down. In a quick search I found several different cases of people questioned if assasination was in order or ever was. I found calls for Arafat, GW, Saddam, Strom Thurmond, and Clinton.

Dreadsox said:
Isn't Strom dead?

8-9 replies...that is not what I saw!

That's why I said "was in order or ever was". It was obviously an old post.

Yeah I saw a little more than 8 or 9 too. But I checked on it twice since Melon said it was down and once it had gone back online then later it had been deleted again. But the post also showed up on Yahoo message boards as well.

Dreadsox said:
Isn't Strom dead?

This has been debated for the last 10 years.

8-9 replies...that is not what I saw!

It did not go to a second page.

I was going to cut and paste the thread so people could react to it in context. Maybe we can find it on the archive search.

If you read it, did it not sound like adolesants saying things like

" if SimonF shoots as well as he spells W is safe by a mile"

and something about clinton having his d*ck s*cked

well, if you read it

people were mostly making fun of the thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom