The grid of some strange curse...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
The Gospel of Consumption | Orion magazine

"An outside observer might conclude that we are in the grid of some strange curse, like a modern-day King Midas whose touch turns everything into a product built around a microchip"

A rather lengtly but interesting article. I never knew about the Kellogg company and it's fairly radical approach to business. It's really a shame that this kind of work philosophy was destroyed by the corporations and business elite. Just think of what might have been and the time that was wasted at work when thousands of moments with family and friends could have happened. Really quite sad when you look at it that way.

I will read this article later.

I agree that free market fundamentalism, or as it is called by some, 'neo-liberalism', is indeed a curse.

Personally, I blame the marketeers and the accountants. And all the other fumblers in the greasy till.

I'm really getting pissed off when I post interesting articles and get no comments...I swear I will go back to my anti-Hillary rants - they seem to be the only thing that gets any response around here:mad:

You really shouldn't take that kind of thing personally.

I would guess no one was interested in your last Hillary thread because people are getting "Hillary-ed out," you know?

It's cool that you found it interesting, but don't get all het up and stamp your foot when it doesn't get the response you want.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom