The Gay Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it analogous because even if a child with DS has loving parents, it will never be fully able to live in today's society. It's doable, sure, but it's not comparable 100% to 'normal' life. While being gay or straight does not impair your ability to live 'normal' life at all. By comparing the two it would be like saying being gay is a handicap.

That's fine that you don't, I am telling you 100% there are people who would. It's a matter of perspective.

Think about it another way - you can choose a male or female embryo. That is permissible under the law of many US states today.

Yeah, I know that's possible. There's far more we can decide. And sure there will be people who want those choices. I'm just not sure where we should draw the line. Being able to select for an embryo without birth defects I'm all in favour of, but if we can pick males or females... we might be going towards Chinese or Indian situations where females are undervalued and an overpopulation of males...

Yeah, we kinda knew that was happening. And no way pence vetos it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm from Indiana ,and I fucking hate this shit they pull down south. To borrow from my Facebook:

"I'm just gonna be perfectly blunt regarding my scripture quoting yesterday: Jesus didn't shy away from people he disagreed with, he embraced them and loved them. Hiding behind religious freedom in order to refuse service to people isn't a Christian motive, it's simply one which enables people to continue to decide that they can just do whatever they feel like, regardless of who it effects. It's selfish. It doesn't help share the message, it tells people that Christians are hateful, spiteful people. Basically the exact opposite of what Jesus asked us to be.

I'm not saying to accept things you do not like, I'm saying to embrace them as Jesus did, and, as I all too often repeat: love each other. I don't know what's so hard about that. He gave us two commandments."

I did chuckle wryly to myself when I noticed that most of my friends who were opposed to the bill had, in fact, moved out of the state. Sigh

Oh sure, clog the legal system with lawsuit after lawsuit. Nothing is more objective and legally binding than someone's own opinion of what religion they follow and their specific reading of its tenets.

This will go swimmingly.

Last edited:
I have a deeply held religious objection to drunken bachelorette parties going to gay bars and treating them like petting zoos.

So should we talk about that stellar excuse for a human being in CA who wants to get a law onto the ballot that it's open season (literally) on gay people?

Someone was just telling me about this. Wtf...does crazy just follow me everywhere ?

I think most people have forgotten about the moonies
But yes I would call the W Times a right wing paper
I was just trying to find a link to an article about the initiative.

Here in CA anything can get on the ballot if they gather enough signatures.

Ah, kinda like our ministers have to discuss a comedian wanting to be the first Pharaoh of the Netherlands because law states if 40.000 people sign a petition they must discuss it.

It's a stunt, and California has a weird process by which anyone can introduce a bill.

It will be tossed out very quickly.

It's not a bill, it's an initiative. That means he needs to meet a threshold of signatures of registered voters, and if that requirement is met, the initiative becomes a ballot proposition and we vote on it in the next election. Any citizen can start an initiative and gather signatures to get it on the ballot.

Is this an actual thing?

Yes. There's this one club in DC that has risers banned heels "because safety." But they were really just trying to make it more difficult for the ladies to infiltrate and drunkenly ogle the shirtless dancing boys.

That said, I think ANYONE should be allowed and welcomed and encouraged to be in a gay bar, and the need for gay bars is declining now that we can go pretty much anywhere. New gay bars are big and open with rooftops and big windows whereas in the past they were in dark, secluded alleyways. Straights go. It's great. BUT there are some ladies who get drunk and act like dudes.

So someone explain this Indiana bill to me. It basically works on the honor system, right? Is there anything stopping a, let's say, homophobic atheist from using Christianity as a front? I mean, there's no way this entire law can be based off of someone's word alone. But that's how it reads to me right now.

It also sounds like a legal nightmare, if that is the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom