The Gay Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of articles have been calling her a "fake" lesbian today. A few others have suggested that she is bisexual. I have no idea. It almost seems like a situation where you can have racists against their own race. She seems to have no problem with lesbians, but doesn't think that it's right to be a homosexual male...:huh:.

I was asking my friend about this today, who is a big fan of Tatu and he's 100% sticking up for her and insists it's because she was in Russia and was protecting herself that she said that. But that makes no sense, because of both the comments about lesbians and the fact that the other member of Tatu seemed more than willing to publicly state that she didn't share those opinions.

Well, it's very complicated on a spiritual sense, if you can understand. Just because times have changed, doesn't mean that the Bible has. So there's this big rift behind the idea of what is acceptable vs. what is Biblically OK. I know I've spoken enough about it in here for you all to know what side of the fence I lean on. I've spent years figuring out where I stand and it just seems to me that the world is a much different place and the best I can do is care about the people around me and not do harm to one another. So, I just try to let people live their lives, you know?

It was mankind who asked for commandments and law. Mankind thought they could somehow follow them which would make them equal to God. God spoke about this in old testament(fig leaf vrs animal skin) and new testament(pharisee vrs publican) God wants no one to be singled out...but all to be included.

Do you think maybe she made out with that other woman in order to draw attention to her "band" and sell records?

Sent from

Do you think maybe she made out with that other woman in order to draw attention to her "band" and sell records?

Sent from

Pretty sure about that yeah, and it worked brilliantly. They both had boyfriends at the time or got them right after if I recall correctly.

But it still remains hypocritical as fuck, to use it for publicity and be as homophobic as can be.

Its the majority of the population now right? The only two big states without it are Texas & Florida. Though isn't it legal or almost legalized in South Florida? Miami/Key West areas.

Well Ohio & Georgia are top 10 in population too. Ohio seems close as well.

The Supreme Court has better shit they could be doing than pointing out the obvious. I'm in favor of this.

Its the majority of the population now right? The only two big states without it are Texas & Florida. Though isn't it legal or almost legalized in South Florida? Miami/Key West areas.

Well Ohio & Georgia are top 10 in population too. Ohio seems close as well.

Read in the paper yesterday that it's now at 60% of the US population that can marry whomever they want. :D

When you look at the map now, it's like the Southeast quadrant of the country + Ohio + the Dakotas and Nebraska that are still holding out.

As an Ohioan, it's getting embarassing at this point to still be standing with the Bible belt on this issue.

Looking forward to Ohio finally giving in at some point.

I hardly think there's any relationship to where versus what at the moment.

This is just a matter of legal processes in different states going through.

What's the general response in the states that just got legalised like?

Hard to say. A few governors are making a point if refusing to comy with the law, but that's just grandstanding. With so much else going on in the world, it doesn't seem like this is grabbing the headlines it did in 2008 or 2003. It looks more and more like the only people who view this as a motivating political issue either way are the religious right, or peole on the left who care about equality. Once it happens, it just happens. And nothing else happens.

Sent from

So no mass protest and fox news declaring the end of the world? :D That's pretty good news then. Finally people are starting to realise that it's just a human thing to do.

Baby steps. But this, on the surface, appears to be a move in the right direction.

Vatican stuns Catholic world with greater openness toward gays and lesbians - The Washington Post

I hate the line of thought that goes "we are all sinners so who am I to condemn gays" -- it's very patronizing, and implies a less-than status to gay people. And most gay Christians would agree that, yes, they are sinners, but not because they are gay.

However, this is a major step for the Catholic Church, and a welcome one.

Sent from

Oops, never mind.

Vatican backtracks on gay comments - CNN.com

"Vatican Backtracks on positive gay comments"

"Cardinal: 'Not what we were saying at all.'

aseafsru_zps0592f944.gif

I hate the line of thought that goes "we are all sinners so who am I to condemn gays" -- it's very patronizing, and implies a less-than status to gay people. And most gay Christians would agree that, yes, they are sinners, but not because they are gay.

Agreed. It really bothers me that people praise that line.

Honestly, anyone expecting a remotely progressive stance from the Catholic Church on homosexuality is deluding herself or himself.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Arizona added, bumps it up to 61% of the population. Before the end of the year it could reach 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom