The Gay Thread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #796
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 09:10 AM
The Gay Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a glorious idea lol. If we want our society and species to be wiped out in no time.

People are idiots. Whether we like it or not, they NEED someone to tell them what's right and wrong. So I'm far, far from Libertarianism then.

I'm strongly Libertarian, especially economically. But I already know that my views are in the very low minority here. Especially considering that it seems like a great portion of this forum advocates socialism.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #797
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 10:10 AM
Good for you. I don't really care much about politics actually, so I have no idea what group I'd affiliate with. Other than human being.
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #798
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
I'm strongly Libertarian, especially economically. But I already know that my views are in the very low minority here. Especially considering that it seems like a great portion of this forum advocates socialism.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Your definitions of libertarianism and socialism are pretty elementary.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #799
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 09:10 AM
The Gay Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Your definitions of libertarianism and socialism are pretty elementary.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's cause I was defining them in the simplest terms as possible so she could have a basic idea of what libertarianism is. My understanding of them is not elementary. If she would like a more specific and detailed understanding, I'd be more than glad to discuss such.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 10:37 AM   #800
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
That's cause I was defining them in the simplest terms as possible so she could have a basic idea of what libertarianism is. My understanding of them is not elementary. If she would like a more specific and detailed understanding, I'd be more than glad to discuss such.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My point is that if you ever want to get taken seriously in here you might want to avoid your broad and vague strokes; like trying to label this forum as "socialism advocates".


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #801
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Your definitions of libertarianism and socialism are pretty elementary.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
My point is that if you ever want to get taken seriously in here you might want to avoid your broad and vague strokes; like trying to label this forum as "socialism advocates".


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If that was your point then you sure picked a strange way to say it...
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #802
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 10:10 AM
How about we keep the politics discussion where it belongs and keep this thread on topic? We're drifting quite far off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #803
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,375
Local Time: 04:10 AM
I'm just getting a chuckle out of this because I got blasted for saying this could work years ago (on this forum).

Now it's essentially the driving factor to legalization.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #804
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I'm just getting a chuckle out of this because I got blasted for saying this could work years ago (on this forum).

Now it's essentially the driving factor to legalization.
That what could work?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #805
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,375
Local Time: 04:10 AM
Allowing a free market to take the trash out.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #806
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Allowing a free market to take the trash out.
Well I'm not sure what the context was years ago that you were referring to, but I think the context to which we're talking about are small privately owned businesses. It's not going to work for all instances.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #807
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,375
Local Time: 04:10 AM
I mean the context here and now wasn't just a small, privately owned business. And it was the same topic then.

It doesn't matter though, it was just a joke picking at the contradictions.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #808
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 10:10 AM
Wasn't that about the Chick Fil A thing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #809
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,375
Local Time: 04:10 AM
Yup.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM   #810
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 03:10 AM
My stance hasn't changed since, I can't remember many calling for legislation at the time. I don't really see any contradictions.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com