The Gay Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's a whole bunch. Wonder if most of the population is now in a legal area. Those 4 states plus the most populated city/county in Florida this week added to the list.

Yep, I wonder which groups bigots will start targeting now since they seem to have lost this one.

The narrative has already changed. It's now gone from "don't let those people harm our children" to "our religious liberty to discriminate against people is under attack."

That's part of what the Hobby Lobby decision was about.

Sent from

"We recognize that same-sex marriage makes some people deeply uncomfortable. However, inertia and apprehension are not legitimate bases for denying same-sex couples due process and equal protection of the laws. Civil marriage is one of the cornerstones of our way of life. It allows individuals to celebrate and publicly declare their intentions to form lifelong partnerships, which provide unparalleled intimacy, companionship, emotional support, and security. The choice of whether and whom to marry is an intensely personal decision that alters the course of an individual’s life. Denying same-sex couples this choice prohibits them from participating fully in our society, which is precisely the type of segregation that the Fourteenth Amendment cannot countenance."

To which the defense responded (and responds in every case so far) by saying, essentially, "But... procreation! And... tradition!"

Wow, that's actually one of the best and most concise arguments in favour of marriage equality that I've seen. I may have to use that one in the future :D

To which the defense responded (and responds in every case so far) by saying, essentially, "But... procreation! And... tradition!"

:lol:

Well it's a nice change from "Think of the children!"

Yea, well, I don't even want children. :wink: So nobody has to bother thinking about them on my account.
And the earth is overpopulated as it is, so by not procreating we're doing the earth a favour. :D

So is it gay pride week anywhere else in the world or is that just here for now? Seeing as the Toronto event was a couple weeks ago, I just wondered.
I'll be in Amsterdam this saturday, for the first time ever. Going with a couple of mates, should be a load of fun. :D

bowers-religion.png

Nice thread...

Not gay but wish I was

My gay friends are best fucking people on the face of the planet. Love you JT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe we should start seeing homosexuality as a religion too, then everything we do or say cannot be persecuted as it's Religious Freedom! :D

Also the Canal Parade was great fun last night.

"I think RTÉ were completely wrong and bang out of order. They need to come out and let us know they got it wrong.

Interesting choice of words. :wink:

But it'll be interesting to see how that referendum next year will go. I've a feeling that people in urban areas in Ireland are pretty much okay with it like the rest of western Europe.. but Ireland does have a fairly strong Catholic link, so I really have no clue how it'll turn out.

I can't begin to express, as a Christian, how much articles like that hurt my heart. I just don't get that attitude.

I wonder if the Mosaic law re: homosexuality was directly related to God's covenant with Israel to produce the Messiah. Throwing your seed where it could not produce the promised "seed" at that time demonstrated a lack of faith in that promise and a despising of God's will. Since the Messiah has already come and he nailed the law to the cross, homosexuality is no longer a matter for judgement. Jesus never mentioned it. Although Paul cited the law, in the context of all that Paul said he said far more about our not being under law. The ultimate question, therefore, becomes whom do you serve? Paul or Jesus? Who is the head of Christ's body? Paul or Jesus? Who was the manifestation of God's Word? Paul or Jesus?

I know. Right? Sometimes people forget that the Mosaic Law had an actual purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom