The Gay Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That camera seems oddly focused.

Almost in anticipation of 'the gay kiss.'

I'm sure the camera was focused in anticipation with the kiss, which is nice considering that's a pretty normal thing to do for wedding videos. I saw a lot of irate press coverage of the unnecessary cutaway during the kisses in the Macklemore/Madonna Grammy gay wedding thing.

I think they were damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

Show the kiss: "Rar, media setup."

Don't show the kiss: "Why didn't they show the sweet kiss he shared with his boyfriend? If it had been a straight couple, they would have shown it. ESPN are cowards!"

Okay, guys, it was one gigantic bit of sarcasm poking fun at something that would receive a news segment for no reason.

I said that yesterday and for some reason like five more people have questioned it. I think my posting in this topic should be enough to voice my opinion on such a matter.

Arkansas? ARKANSAS?!? Wasn't expecting that.

Even if it doesn't last...your move every state besides Alabama, Oklahoma, Miss., Kansas & Texas?

Raise your hand if you thought it would be legal in Arkansas before Austria, Germany, Finland and Israel. And all the other states north of the Mason Dixon (ie Michigan, PA)
Haha Pennsylvania has a dogshit GOP-chained government that won't do shit. Arkansas is a slight surprise, but PA is far from evolved on issues like this.

I know there's active suits in Florida at the moment, dating back from January and April I believe. Don't know how long those are expected to take though before an outcome is reached.

I imagine Florida will be the first to fuck if up and drop the case or something.

Okay I really haven't a clue wtf is going on here anymore. :crack:

Have to admit I laughed at the well chosen name of Conchita WURST. :wink:

Idaho now joins Arkansas this past week. Expected both of those to be towards the end.

Of course it was the judges help as opposed to the people, but still did it before some states where the polls say the people favor it, so I wonder what those judges are waiting for. Some might just wait to put it on the ballot this fall? Like Oregon, where it most likely will pass, might as well wait as letting the people vote in favor of it is much sweeter.

Thanks to the EUrovision there's been talk in Austria for more gay rights. They want to change the law so that lesbian couples can get IVF treatment, and that gay couples can adopt children. Was in the paper this morning, pretty neat. :)

Nobody lives in those two states to care.

I assume you are kidding

considering the other 48 states, many are more conservative/ religious than those 2.

I expect there are many gay/ lesbian couples even in those small population states that can make good court challenges. I think they should. I believe defenders of traditional marriage are not able to make any credible arguments for blatant discrimination against other decent, law-abiding tax paying citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom