The FYMmies 2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Right, so it's starting to get just a little too Iraq-ified around here again...time for another distraction thread by yours truly! :) Yes, that's right, it's time for the first annual FYMmies.

It's very easy: simply reply to this thread with your votes in each category. Feel free to add categories if you like. Winners in each category will get nothing except the love (or ridicule) of their fellow FYMmers.

Best/Worst Overall Thread
Best/Worst American Politics Thread
Best/Worst Canadian Politics Thread
Best/Worst EU Politics Thread
Best/Worst Iraq Thread
Best/Worst International Politics Thread
Best/Worst Social Issues Thread
Best/Worst Economics Thread
Best/Worst Religious Thread
Best/Worst Random Thread

Most Thorough Post-er
Superhero Conservative Post-er
Superhero Liberal Post-er

Topic You Are Most Sick Of
Topic You Want to See More Of

Like I said, feel free to add...

mkay, I'll answer the ones I can....

n/a = no answer

NOTE: MY VOTES ONLY PERTAIN TO THREAD CONTENT, NOT THE ORIGINATOR OF THE THREAD -- UNLESS I SPECIFY OTHERWISE.

Best Overall Thread
n/a

Worst Overall Thread
n/a

Best American Politics Thread
The one announcing the program called ?Total Information Awareness.? But even better than that was the one announcing the apparent death of TIA.

Worst American Politics Thread
See ?Worst Iraq Thread?

Best Canadian Politics Thread
n/a

Worst Canadian Politics Thread
n/a

Best EU Politics Thread
n/a

Worst EU Politics Thread
n/a

Best Iraq Thread
?Talking About a Revolution? when it was just pictures and stood on its own.
I also thought ?When You Look at the World..? was a good concept.

Worst Iraq Thread
?Bono?s Silence is Strange and Disappointing? That thread was dragging me down and wearing me out.

Best International Politics Thread
n/a

Worst International Politics Thread
n/a

Best Social Issues Thread
There was one quite a while ago that asked what you thought about sleeping with people to test compatability with them before marrying them or commiting to them, or whatever. I thought that thread was interesting. But that was so long ago it might not qualify for these ?FYMmies? :)

Worst Social Issues Thread
n/a

Best Economics Thread
n/a

Worst Economics Thread
n/a

Best Religious Thread
SkeeK's, which I can?t find right now but it was asking what your religious beliefs are.

Worst Religious Thread
There have been some really awful ones, but not recently.

Best Random Thread
?No Thongs In Daytona?. (Especially when Dread got a little carried away? LOL! I was laughing my ass off).

Worst Random Thread
Probably one I started in which I tried to make a salient point and ended up being misunderstood by some people, who in turn got pissed off and tore me a new one. But that was more than a year ago. :p

Most Thorough Post-er
melon

Superhero Conservative Post-er (if you accept the label ?conservative?)
Bama

Superhero Liberal Post-er (if you accept the label ?liberal?)
melon

Anything to do with arguing that the U.S. and its citizens are inherently superior to all other peoples.

The environment. It's almost never written about on this forum.

I?ll add this one...

Conservative posters who, although I may often disagree with them, I consider rational and fair and who weigh both sides of a given topic: Dreadsox, Bama, sharky. (Actually there are a few more but these folks come to mind first.)

The Republican Party's Favorite Son Award: diamond
(and I mean that in a loving way) :wave:

*edited to fix spacing and add an award...hee hee

Last edited:
Best/Worst Overall Thread

BEST [/QUOTE]The ?BOY? Thread (U know the one people)
WORST [/QUOTE]Bono Not Speaking Out on Iraq Thread

Best/Worst American Politics Thread

BEST [/QUOTE]Any George Bush thread started by Diamond
WORST [/QUOTE]9/11 Over-rated thread

Best/Worst Iraq Thread

BEST [/QUOTE] Say NO to this happening again (warning very graphic images and text)
WORST [/QUOTE] I feel for the Iraqi Soldiers

Best/Worst International Politics Thread

BEST [/QUOTE] Boston Anne and Sherry Darlings Threads
WORST [/QUOTE] The Australian Immigration thread.

Best Religious Thread

SKEEKS easily #1

Best/Worst Social Issues Thread

BEST [/QUOTE]Gay and Lesbian Adoption Thread
WORST [/QUOTE] Thongs in Daytona/Out of Control Amish Buggies COLOR]

Best/Worst Random Thread

BEST [/QUOTE] 1st annual Diamond Apology thread
WORST [/QUOTE] Dr. Laura?s Mother Died Thread

Most Thorough Post-er MELON, STING, NB CRUSADER
Superhero Conservative Post-er U2 BAMA, SPEEDRACER, NB CRUSADER
Superhero Liberal Post-er MARTHA, MELON, U2 GIRL, GABRIELVOX, JOYFULGIRL

Most likely to be adopted by GW BUSH: DIAMOND

UN RESOLUTIONS

THONGS ON DAYTONA BEACH

pub crawler said:

Conservative posters who, although I may often disagree with them, I consider rational and fair and who weigh both sides of a given topic: Dreadsox, Bama, sharky. (Actually there are a few more but these folks come to mind first.)

wow, never thought of myself as a conservative. well, ok, a LIBERAL conservative at times.

Dread -- the out-of-control amish buggies thing left hot coffee on my computer. too funny.

i'll come back to this thread later but I will say this -- my boyfriend and I were talking about this section last night and we both agreed that posts by Melon are great, especially in the threads about religion and homosexuality.

sharky said:

wow, never thought of myself as a conservative. well, ok, a LIBERAL conservative at times.

Aargh! I should have known better than to try and categorize anyone. sorry sharky. The "conservative" and "liberal" labels are subjective and I do realize that you post plenty of opinions that typically wouldn't fall under the "conservative" category at all. Sorry again.

pub crawler said:

Aargh! I should have known better than to try and categorize anyone. sorry sharky. The "conservative" and "liberal" labels are subjective and I do realize that you post plenty of opinions that typically wouldn't fall under the "conservative" category at all. Sorry again.

hee, hee. no need to worry. its about time someone told me what I'm really like. ;)

by the by, the best moderator for fym this past year should be...angela harlem, always having the patience for putting up with what goes on in here AND in her spare time having a baby. ;)

And she has that hot smile now that just oozes kindness. Not some scary dancing thing that looks like something my kids tell me is under their bed at night.

lmao Dreadsox! Now I get it! :D Give me a couple of years and we will have to rip down my beloved Dali prints of the walls when Natalie screams "Mum there's a Dali thing under the bed, save meee!!"
:hug: lillypilly. I'd give props to you and pax, for wisdom beyond your years, juggling school and busy personal lives and as always, remaining open minded and tolerant at all times..

Dreadsox's list I agree with for the most part. Although I expect the new deathbear to be adopted by Bush any day now.
I dont recall the Immigration thread though, I'll have to go search as my curiosity is piqued despite the fact I probably posted in it, given the topic!

I dont always agree with him, but I would like to thank DREADSOX, especially recently, for the informative and thought provoking threads he has initiated.

He has my vote for

FYM Poster Who Initiates the Best Threads

:bono:

i would like to nominate myself for the FYM :der: award.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom