The FYM Republican Primary - Part 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee 7 25.00%
Sen. John McCain 10 35.71%
Former Gov. Mitt Romney 3 10.71%
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani 0 0%
Rep. Ron Paul 6 21.43%
Former Sen. Fred D. Thompson 1 3.57%
Rep. Duncan Hunter 1 3.57%
Other (Indicate Choice via Post) 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Ron Paul.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
If I was a Republican I'd vote Ron Paul. And to be honest I don't understand why a Republican/conservative wouldn't vote Ron Paul. Imagine if the election were Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich and we could have some real Left vs. Right dialogue rather than the usual varying degrees of moderate that we're stuck choosing between.
Yea that would be awesome, but unfortunately Americans are stupid and the media is biased against any sincere candidate who speaks the truth.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Yup, each and every one of us who doubts Ron Paul's "truth" is stupid and biased.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Yup, each and every one of us who doubts Ron Paul's "truth" is stupid and biased.

Did I say that at all??? You are just putting words in my mouth.

First of all, I wasn't only talking about Ron Paul. I meant Dennis Kucinich also.

Second, I said the media is biased, not Americans, and this you and I agree with.

Third, I said Americans are stupid, yes, but I never said that they are stupid because they doubt Ron Paul's truth. Let me explain here. What I meant was that many Americans are stupid when they support a candidate purely because they: have a popular name, are good looking, are young, are a woman, are black, are an actor, are Christian, are the wife of Bill Clinton...without knowing much about the issues at all, and that is where the stupidity is.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Do you think Ron Paul is going to win Florida?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #21
Refugee

Yup.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Apparently there is a small movement of LDS supporters for Ron Paul:

Old 01-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98

Did I say that at all??? You are just putting words in my mouth.

First of all, I wasn't only talking about Ron Paul. I meant Dennis Kucinich also.

Second, I said the media is biased, not Americans, and this you and I agree with.

Third, I said Americans are stupid, yes, but I never said that they are stupid because they doubt Ron Paul's truth. Let me explain here. What I meant was that many Americans are stupid when they support a candidate purely because they: have a popular name, are good looking, are young, are a woman, are black, are an actor, are Christian, are the wife of Bill Clinton...without knowing much about the issues at all, and that is where the stupidity is.
Actually, you did say that. Whether you meant it or not, you said Paul's not getting elected because Americans are stupid and the media is biased.

Second, it's stupid to claim that any politician "speaks the truth." I think there are politicians that are more honest than other, but it's pretty much impossible to be a politician and be truthful. It's not how the game is played. It's unfortunate, but it is the truth.

Now, what are your thoughts on Americans who have researched the issues and think Paul is full of shit or, at the very least, isn't a smart choice?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Actually, you did say that. Whether you meant it or not, you said Paul's not getting elected because Americans are stupid and the media is biased.

Second, it's stupid to claim that any politician "speaks the truth." I think there are politicians that are more honest than other, but it's pretty much impossible to be a politician and be truthful. It's not how the game is played. It's unfortunate, but it is the truth.

Now, what are your thoughts on Americans who have researched the issues and think Paul is full of shit or, at the very least, isn't a smart choice?
Actually, that is not what I said. But let me clarify: Many times Americans support candidates for the wrong reasons, as I listed in my earlier post, and that is stupid. This, along with the medias bias against people like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich is the reason that these candidates don't have higher support.

When I said speaks the truth, it wasn't stupid. I think its pretty stupid to take what I said literally. Of course there has never been anyone who speaks the truth 100%. But there are many candidates who speak such bullshit and are popular or get applauds when they say such things as "our soldiers are fighting hard, let them win" (something McCain would say).

On Americans who have researched the issue and still don't support Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich, I have nothing against them. As long as they are not supporting a candidate for a stupid reason.

You act as if my point is to draw support for Ron Paul when I actually brought the issue up about candidates on both sides who don't get media attention and about Americans who vote for the wrong reason. It is sad that candidates such as Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel get little or no attention from the media and Americans alike. I think i've made my point, and I won't debate further on the issue.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Apparently quite a few of the Mormon society are leaning towards Paul...

Old 02-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Thanks for the lesson...

Ok, then it's a very tiny yet loud and well organized sliver.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

McCain is winning here too
Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
McCain is winning here too
In Mass?

dbs
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

No in FYM, but I'll illegally get a Republican ballot and illegally vote for him hundreds of times if that will help Romney lose