The FYM Democratic Primary - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will you vote for?

• Sen. Hilary R. Clinton

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Sen. Barack Obama

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Former Sen. John Edwards

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Gov. Bill Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rep. Dennis Kucinich

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Former Congressman Mike Gravel

• Other (Indicate Choice via Post)

• Total voters

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
U2Dem has been away and hasn't been able to post the updated Primary polls, so ... I am.

Discuss.

Though Kucinich is closest to my own political views, this time I went with who has a realistic choice and gave my voice to Obama.
I think this guy can make a difference, and he seems close to what I would like to see in a President.

Torn between Obama and Edwards - went Obama for now.
Only 3 votes in the Republican poll vs. 13 here. :hmm:

If I were an American voter, it would depend on which state I'm in. If Obama was certain to either win well or not come close to a victory, then I'd go Kucinich as I like him the most. But if it were going to be close and every vote for Obama crucial, then I'd vote for Obama to try to help get him over the line.

Yeah, that's my thoughts. I'm going with Obama since Kucinich really has no chance anymore. Obama needs to beat Hilary.

Whomever one votes for, I most sincerely hope it has to do with agreeing with a candidate's platform, and not just "jumping on the bandwagon." It is the latter that has made our primary system completely worthless.

Our Presidential candidates, otherwise, are now determined for 300 million Americans by a mere 200,000 or so from Iowa.

Although the Michigan primary has been completely neutered, thanks to partisan politics, I would still be voting for Hillary Clinton, because I still believe that she has the best combination of experience and pragmatism in her policies. I'm not looking for a candidate that makes me feel good inside; I'm looking for a candidate who I think will get down to business and accomplish something important.

I cringe a little when I hear Hillary inflate her resume with "35 years of experience". It implies she may co-govern with Bill, who seems a bit cozy with the Bushes.

melon said:
I'm not looking for a candidate that makes me feel good inside; I'm looking for a candidate who I think will get down to business and accomplish something important.

Here I thought I was the odd person out..
But with one exception, Hillary does make me feel good or rather hopeful, inside.
But I have to say, I love my choices and Obama is doing great things for the Democratic party.

If Obama can make people feel so good inside to the point that they become engaged when normally they wouldn't be, more power to him.

Not everybody's words may inspire action, but his do. That's what counts.

I want to reiterate that I'm not here to tell people not to vote for Obama. I'm just asking people to make sure that you're not just voting for him, because Iowa did.

Don't join the bandwagon for the sake of voting for a winner, because the bandwagon itself makes a mockery out of our primary system.

I agree, I'd like to state that Obama was always my 2nd choice behind Biden even though I knew Biden never stood a chance. The reason I was hesitant about Obama was I wasn't sure he could pull it off, but seeing the turnout he generated in Iowa sealed the deal for me.

But yes, people should go with who they really want, not with who happens to be winning.

All this bandwagon talk reminds me of 2004 when everyone was behind Kerry (myself included) just for the fact that he was running against Bush. A banana could have run against Bush and people would have been hyping up the banana. Ah, memories. :sad:

Right now I am leaning towards Obama, again. I thought in the beginning he'd be my candidate, then he lost me a bit, then I was going undecided, but in the past few weeks I find myself slowly going back to him.

Back
Top Bottom