The FYM Democratic Primary - Part 2 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Sen. Hilary R. Clinton 16 20.25%
Sen. Barack Obama 51 64.56%
Former Sen. John Edwards 6 7.59%
Gov. Bill Richardson 0 0%
Rep. Dennis Kucinich 6 7.59%
Former Congressman Mike Gravel 0 0%
Other (Indicate Choice via Post) 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #46
She's the One

Local Time: 12:27 PM
It's over in CA for this go-round anyway. There were funding issues, so it was abandoned.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:27 PM
The Obama-Rezko scandal heats up:

Old 01-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug
The Obama-Rezko scandal heats up:

Old 01-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040

Back in April, following the race as it was taking shape, my nightmare was a Democratic race dominated by Hillary and Obama, because of the raw un-electability of both. Whatever else they were, they are a woman and a black.
That's what I was thinking too. It will be down, IMO to this: do most Americans prefer a woman or a black president ?
Factor in the experience and I think Clinton has a better chance out of the two. (and I think there will come some mudslinging and closet skeletons for Obama if he keeps his popularity up - see McCain in 2000 and Kerry in 2004)
Old 01-14-2008, 03:54 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:27 AM
If I was a Yank, I'd vote either Kucinich or Obama, the thought of a President who just so happens to be the missus of anoter recent preisdent is quite silly. Might as well just be a fucking monarchy, a royal family.

I do like Kucinich, seems like a decent fella with good values. Might go Obama if Kucie looks as if he's got no hope and things are too tight between Clinton and Obama.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

a leader leads

Quote:
Shortly after 7 p.m., the campaign released a “Statement of Hillary Rodham Clinton,” saying, in part:

“Over this past week, there has been a lot of discussion and back and forth — much of which I know does not reflect what is in our hearts. And at this moment, I believe we must seek common ground.

“Our party and our nation is bigger than this. Our party has been on the front line of every civil rights movement, women's rights movement, workers' rights movement, and other movements for justice in America...

“And in that spirit, let's come together, because I want more than anything else to ensure that our family stays together on the front lines of the struggle to expand rights for all Americans.”
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:27 PM
A leader also sends out surrogates to do their dirty work, plants seeds in peoples minds, then steps back and appears above the fray.

Am I that cynical? yes.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:35 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
If I was a Yank, I'd vote either Kucinich or Obama, the thought of a President who just so happens to be the missus of anoter recent preisdent is quite silly.
good think your not a Yank then
Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
As for Obama, as someone has said, you type in the search engine and it gives you "Osama". Enough said.
lol what?? What do you mean by "enough said"? Osama generates more interest than Obama? I hope so. Osama has been in our radar since 2001, even prior to that. Not to mention that he attacked the country.

Quote:
If the Democrats were running a platform of all white men with WASP names, (like Edwards?) they'd be that much harder to attack. This should have been an absolute no-brainer.
I know you probably think you are part of the solution, but you're not. Last names have nothing to do with anything. I think most of the voting population are smarter than that.

Quote:
Hillary came to town in May. I took the day off and getting there early, I stayed down among the crowd at the Governor's Mansion, intending to give my letter to an aide of Governor Spitzer. But at the last moment I chickened out--the last thing I needed was to be arrested for a "terrorist" incident. (Anthrax anyone?) You can see what the climate has done to me. I despise myself for it.
You are really blowing things well out of proportion. Unless you were intending on heckling Hillary and then threw the letter at the aide there would be no probable cause to arrest you for terrorism, of all things. Maybe inciting a riot or disturbing the peace. Not terrorism...unless you had Anthrax in it?
You, and many others, are building the Patriot Act up to be some sort of 1939 German ordinance. It's bad, but it's not that bad. It just leaves a big window open for anyone who wants to make this country even more government controlled.

Quote:
But at least I would have felt better, knowing that someone out there has spotted the danger signs.

Quote:
Now there are no solutions, and we are officially screwed.
Post rating: overreaction/10
Old 01-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #55
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:27 AM
so cutting, plathe!

:grumpylove:
Old 01-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
Kucie

tell me, are there rules and logic and history behind such Aussie short hand? like, Brissy, Thorpey, and, yes, Aussie?

inquiring Yank minds need to know.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

tell me, are there rules and logic and history behind such Aussie short hand? like, Brissy, Thorpey, and, yes, Aussie?

I dunno, when I saw the word Kucinich (never heard it pronounced), I immediately though Kucie, as in Quechie. I dunno why, I just did.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Hilary Clinton.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #59
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Just shameless laziness and a habit of nicknaming the crap out of everything. I think "Kucie" too, all that said.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #60
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Could be a pattern brewing.....Clinton cleaned up Bush Sr's messes, perhaps another Clinton will soon be in Office cleaning up Lil Bush's messes.