The fake surrenders - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2003, 09:28 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 AM
U2Girl-
Sometimes..u need to stop being so singleminded.

DB9

Old 03-25-2003, 09:28 AM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Iraqi POWs get food and shelter

US POWs get a bullet through the forehead
Where is the evidence that US POWs got a bullet through their forehead? I read about this rumour here on Interference and did some research on (American) news-sites as the Dutch media have not reported it. However, I also found no evidence of this at the site of the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com) or of the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk). Not even CNN, which has an article about the POWs and their families today, mentions any POWs shot dead.

So where is evidence of this behaviour?

Marty

Old 03-25-2003, 09:46 AM   #33
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:49 PM
There was no evidence that those soldiers were not killed in the fighting.
The captured helicopter pilot was shown today and appears to be in good health.

As far as bumping Sadaam off, no it isn't very moral, but a better alternative than the thousands that are dying for 10 or 12 wanted men.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:52 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:49 PM
there are a lot of filters clouding the numbers we are quoting.
weight them accordingly
Old 03-25-2003, 11:39 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:49 PM
i agree with kobe. people on both sides need to watch the so-called numbers they are citing.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:42 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:49 PM
walter lippman was a dangerous yet brilliant man.
Old 03-25-2003, 01:31 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Where is the evidence that US POWs got a bullet through their forehead? I read about this rumour here on Interference and did some research on (American) news-sites as the Dutch media have not reported it. However, I also found no evidence of this at the site of the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com) or of the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk). Not even CNN, which has an article about the POWs and their families today, mentions any POWs shot dead.

So where is evidence of this behaviour?

Marty

From yahoo.com:

DOHA (AFP) - Al Jazeera TV broadcast images of several dead bodies, apparently of US soldiers killed in Iraq (news - web sites), along with five prisoners, including two wounded, one of them a woman.

The bodies shown Sunday were wearing bloodstained camouflage uniforms and some appeared to have bullet wounds to the head.

From CNN:
(CNN) -- Army officials said Sunday that about 10 soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company, based at Fort Bliss, Texas, are unaccounted for after an encounter with Iraqi forces during maneuvers with the 3rd Infantry Division in southern Iraq. The Arabic-language Al-Jazeera network broadcast pictures that Iraqi television, which shot the video, said showed five captured U.S. soldiers; the bodies of four more soldiers with gunshot wounds to the head were also shown.

Also watched videos from several news sources ABC and NBC both have video reports of reporters saying that reports from the field showed 10 to 12 U.S. soldiers being led away by Iraqi military and then the video shown on Al-Jazeera TV showed 5 alive and at least 5 dead, most with visible gunshots to the head.

From WNBC:
"Experts who reviewed the tapes agree that the wounds of the dead soldiers are consistent with an execution style killing and the chance of such wounds resulting from combat is extremely unlikely."
Old 03-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
U2Girl-
Sometimes..u need to stop being so singleminded.

DB9
Excuse me? How is what I wrote single-minded?

I think if we should talk about POWs on both sides. I think any misconduct is to be checked by non-biased sources. (that goes for both US and Iraquis)
Old 03-25-2003, 01:43 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
I would only add to womanfish's post that the group of dead POWs were from the 507th Maintenance Company, not front line troops. It is highly unlikely that such a support group would engage Iraqi troops in a firefight.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #40
The Fly

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

...This has been the most carefully executed planned war in history. More care has been taken to avoid civilian casualties than in any war in HIstory...
That's why Basra today was officially declared a "military objective". That's exactly what I expected. I guess that means that from now on the coalition forces may kill everybody in Basra: there are no civilians, it's military objective now. I hope that there still will be some "liberated" people alive when "liberators" enter Baghdad...
Old 03-25-2003, 02:50 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS

That's why Basra today was officially declared a "military objective". That's exactly what I expected. I guess that means that from now on the coalition forces may kill everybody in Basra: there are no civilians, it's military objective now. I hope that there still will be some "liberated" people alive when "liberators" enter Baghdad...
Sometimes I just can't help but laugh at the things that people make up. Basrah is now a military objective because guerilla forces continue to fire on U.S. troops. They are now dressing as civilians, they are also taking over civilian homes, killing citizens of Basrah if they don't cooperate and using women, children and elderly as human shields.

Being a military objective does not mean leveling a city and killing all it's inhabitants. It means that they previously thought that they could bypass Basrah with not much resistance, secure it so humanitarian aid could come into it's ports and move on up to Baghdad. Now it means they have to actually go into the city, and root out the guerilla forces, while trying to save civilians from being killed by their own people.

Please don't make up stories about the coalition forces going in to kill everyone in a town and that they don't consider anyone a civilian.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:51 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:

Where do you get your information? Iraqi troops are currently trying to subdue a civilian uprising in Basra. If civilians are targeted in Iraq, the odds are that Iraqi troops are pulling the trigger.

It appears that you believe that the coalition wants to target civilians or will kill them at the first chance available. The facts, unfortunately, do not support your contentions.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #43
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish

Sometimes I just can't help but laugh at the things that people make up. Basrah is now a military objective because guerilla forces continue to fire on U.S. troops.
Who do you think are the people whom you call "guerilla forces"?
How anyone can distinguish between a "civilian" and "dressed civilian"?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Who do you think are the people whom you call "guerilla forces"?
How anyone can distinguish between a "civilian" and "dressed civilian"?
If I could spell the name of the geurilla force I would. I know that their name pronounced: fed a een. This is a well known guerilla force in the area.

I'm not sure I understand your civilian question, but there are civilians (in everyday clothes) then there are military and guerilla forces that are dressing in these everyday clothes as to not look like a threat to the coalition forces and then shooting us.

I would imagine the only way you could tell the difference between a "real" civilian and fake one is when they pull their machine gun on you.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #45
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish

I would imagine the only way you could tell the difference between a "real" civilian and fake one is when they pull their machine gun on you.
Exactly. Do not take it personal but when you start giving YOUR ideas and when you do not just repeat things you get in some...hmmm...let's call them official sources...I like it.

So I think as this war goes on, there will be more and more "guerilla forces"="fake civilians" and less "real civilians"...