The F$$d P$lice are C$ming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I roll my eyes whenever I read the screaming outrage about aspartame. It is all based on an incredibly poorly run study, which has been discredited many times over. The alleged main issue in aspartame is phenylalanine, which you will get more of in one egg than a can of Diet Coke.

To me, this is on the same level of irrationality as the anti-vaccine freaks. The "science" proving the dangers is about as good in each.

But carry on.

BVS,

I do agree this is a site for conspiracy nuts.
I searched 9/11 and found a page I did not even want to read.Infowars.com-- -- Government Prior Knowledge and Involvement in the 9-11 Attacks

But I still think the Diet Coke page was worth posting :wave:

Well I'm glad you did a little more reading.

it will be a major victory for truth and a massive defeat for the elite eugenicists and their long held plan to not only enslave humanity, but reduce its numbers significantly.

How is this worth reading or posting? Do you think Diet Coke is designed to enslave humanity and reduce its numbers?

I, on the other hand, can't stand regular Coke or Coke Zero, which taste like detergent to me.

Unfortunately, there's also the fact that some people live in areas where walking home isn't exactly the safest way to travel. I'll gladly walk around my town when possible, and I'm taking public transportation partly because I don't have a driver's license (and do like taking it) and partly because, even if I did, we have no working cars right now anyway. But there are parts of my town that I wouldn't really feel comfortable walking through. Especially at night.

I fully support taking walks, or carpooling, and stuff of that nature. Absolutely, go for it if you can-the benefits are worth it. Just that, unfortunately, in some places, that's easier said than done.

Angela

I agree. There are times when you have to drive to the store. Depending on where you live. It can be too far to walk. Plus, I would never walk through an unsafe area.

I roll my eyes whenever I read the screaming outrage about aspartame. It is all based on an incredibly poorly run study, which has been discredited many times over. The alleged main issue in aspartame is phenylalanine, which you will get more of in one egg than a can of Diet Coke.

To me, this is on the same level of irrationality as the anti-vaccine freaks. The "science" proving the dangers is about as good in each.

But carry on.

But you have to admit Beck and Rumsfeld are pretty odd people.

Coke is my favorite. I get disappointed when restaurants don't have it.

I have a question. You folks would probably know better than I.

But, do you think that the chemicals which are added to food could be causing some of the problems?

For example.....a can of green beans contains salt. Fresh ones don't unless you add it. Just wondering? And thanks in advance for any comments. I appreciate it.

I have a question. You folks would probably know better than I.

But, do you think that the chemicals which are added to food could be causing some of the problems?

For example.....a can of green beans contains salt. Fresh ones don't unless you add it. Just wondering? And thanks in advance for any comments. I appreciate it.

Certainly. I don't know specifically about food additives, but chemicals used in our environment currently are considered safe until proven otherwise. That is the hyper-business-friendly/weak regulation atmosphere we have in the U.S. (despite all of the business whining that you hear).

I just was reading about food coloring additives a few weeks ago, and how they could be contributing to kids hyperactivity or autistic like symptoms.
I'll have to read more.
The red dye is the same that they pulled from the food supply when I was a kid, but it's come back, and some kids are ingesting it in massive quantities compared to back in the '70s.

Certainly. I don't know specifically about food additives, but chemicals used in our environment currently are considered safe until proven otherwise. That is the hyper-business-friendly/weak regulation atmosphere we have in the U.S. (despite all of the business whining that you hear).

I just was reading about food coloring additives a few weeks ago, and how they could be contributing to kids hyperactivity or autistic like symptoms.
I'll have to read more.
The red dye is the same that they pulled from the food supply when I was a kid, but it's come back, and some kids are ingesting it in massive quantities compared to back in the '70s.

You know, I actually remember that. Red dyes were pulled because they thought it could cause cancer. (M&M's)

When, my son was around five. He had a glass of red Kool aide. It made him "hyper" to the point that his legs were actually shaking. He was never allowed to have it again. I recognised this as an allergic reaction.

I won't eat "instant" anything. I love potatoes, the real spuds. I don't mind washing, peeling and cooking. I also buy local organic farm products as much as possible.

Thanks to everyone else for the info. :hug: I do worry about what is in my food. Growing up. We ate fresh, everything. No TV dinners or processed stuff. My granny was great at making homemade soups and stews. She never fried anything. Boiled or baked. That was it. She even made cinnamon cake from scratch.

I won't eat "instant" anything. I love potatoes, the real spuds. I don't mind washing, peeling and cooking. I also buy local organic farm products as much as possible.

If you are going with organic potatoes, leave the peels on! Yummy!

Thanks to everyone else for the info. :hug: I do worry about what is in my food. Growing up. We ate fresh, everything. No TV dinners or processed stuff. My granny was great at making homemade soups and stews. She never fried anything. Boiled or baked. That was it. She even made cinnamon cake from scratch.

My grandmother fried a lot. But, this was a woman who buttered her doughnuts, made popcorn with Crisco and ate lard sandwiches growing up.

I do, especially if I bake them. Or the red skinned ones for salad.

One thing I read is that there are soda machines in the High Schools? We just had water fountains. If we were thirsty.

I gave up soda several years ago and I'm so glad I did. The most I ever have now is that snack size ginger ale once in a great while and I feel guilty about even that-but it's good for settling your stomach.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to give up coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom